Sign in to follow this  
CPC900

Professional Flight Planner X p3d v4

7 minutes ago, icemarkom said:

Again, it must be a different tool, or I have no idea how to check for updates, as the latest my PFPX is reporting is 1.28, and their website shows the same. It has been many months since I installed that...

yep  that  the latest  version  same  as  i have

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, icemarkom said:

Again, it must be a different tool, or I have no idea how to check for updates, as the latest my PFPX is reporting is 1.28, and their website shows the same. It has been many months since I installed that...

There's a 1.28.9c. Check the aerosoft forums it's a manual install

Oh, great. Yet another software forum I "have to" follow in order to find updates. 

Why do these developers even bother implementing version checks in their software if it doesn't work. *shakes head*

Thanks for the pointer though. Much appreciated. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, icemarkom said:

Oh, great. Yet another software forum I "have to" follow in order to find updates. 

Why do these developers even bother implementing version checks in their software if it doesn't work. *shakes head*

Thanks for the pointer though. Much appreciated. 

Tell me about it. As far as I know, the developer of PFPX also develops Topcat. Both barely ever get updated.

I have got PFPX, it is great from a pre-flight point of view. I wouldn't alway trust it's 'Find Routes' option. They seem to give some strange results.

I am finding that I have to get the flight plans from a better source. But overall I like the planning side of PFPX.

3 hours ago, joolsd said:

I am finding that I have to get the flight plans from a better source. But overall I like the planning side of PFPX.

Agree..., most of the time I either use a current route from FlightAware or I create my own never relying on PFPX to find it except for an occasional alternate or redispatch routing, and even then I usually tinker with it.  True, this takes time but flying real world takes time to preflight as well unless you happen to have a dispatch department.

Dan Downs KCRP

I still use "Find Route", but mostly for amusement and bewilderment purposes. I tend to plan manually, mostly because it's the integral part of the flight for me.

Is this still being updated/supported and does it work wit P3Dv5?

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Is this still being updated/supported and does it work wit P3Dv5?

Nope they totally left without new improvement same for Topcat.

Last update was on February  2019 and then only support for day by day trouble.

I also believe that it didn't make interest to still update.

At the end Simbrief is more convenient LoL