Sign in to follow this  
Milviz

Addons for FSW

Has anyone heard of any aircraft (or scenery) dev that's made an announcement about being in line for FSW?

ANYONE?

Just wondering...

Thanks,

Colin AKA Mongoose

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hi,

Three programs that I know of have got FSW install features.

Drzewiecki Design  New York City X

FS.Global 

FS FlightControl

FS Global is global mesh. FS-Flight Control is a flight planning program that gives you detachable moving maps, customised weather and other features, NYC is of course a scenery. FS-FlightControl has a 14 days free trial. I bought NYC so far. Works fine but jury out on quality. I need to fly around in there and tweak it a bit.

Gary aka AOB

Yup, Just Flight are definitely planning on doing stuff for it. The development manager for JF said this about it back in May of this year:

'Many of you have been asking us for our views on Flight Simulator World. Currently, it's still in Early Access so we can't really make any specific predictions about what products we'll be developing for it. However, we strongly welcome a new iteration of FS - we've been waiting for ten years! Once the full SDK (Software Development Kit) becomes available, our development team will be exploring the possibilities with FSW - for creating new content as well as possibly porting over titles developed for FSX. We've been working with DTG for some time now, adapting some of the products we've developed for FSX and Train Simulator for distribution via Steam. As a result we have a very good relationship with them and this is set to continue with FSW.'

JF are certainly not alone in this, as you probably know, FSW already has content from Orbx, A2A, Carenado, Turbulent Design built into it by default, and if you look at the credits for FSW in game, in addition to being credited with that, a number of those development companies are listed as partners. So you don't need to be a rocket surgeon to work out that we'll likely see some A2A and Carenado aeroplanes in Flight Sim World pretty early in the proceedings when it comes out of Early Access, and since Carenado is basically Alabeo too, one can also surmise they'll be up for it as well. More than one person has suggested that may be why there is no default Cessna 172 in Flight Sim World, since if there was, it would preclude either Carenado or A2A from having a clear field with their own 172.

FS Flight Control is already compatible with Flight Sim World, so obviously that is another developer which is on board with it

If you put your Sherlock Holmes hat on, you can also take a bit of an educated guess as to which other companies are likely to be on board too, by looking at who is selling stuff via Steam for FSX, as this tends to indicate which companies have been talking to Dovetail in the past and are happy to sell via that medium, so the chances are they will probably want to continue that relationship. That would include HiFi, Rex, Virtavia and all the other lot who sell their products via Steam for FSX-SE. Additionally, a few developers who post on these forums regularly have also indicated they would be interested in giving it a whirl too, if memory serves me correctly, that included the OP (i.e. Milviz) and Lorby among others, so that's good becuse they make some cool stuff of course.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 hours ago, AOB said:

Hi,

Three programs that I know of have got FSW install features.

Drzewiecki Design  New York City X

FS.Global 

FS FlightControl

FS Global is global mesh. FS-Flight Control is a flight planning program that gives you detachable moving maps, customised weather and other features, NYC is of course a scenery. FS-FlightControl has a 14 days free trial. I bought NYC so far. Works fine but jury out on quality. I need to fly around in there and tweak it a bit.

Gary aka AOB

Add SPAD.neXt for driving Saitek gear, and more. Works excellent in my case (even networked).

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

10 hours ago, Milviz said:

Has anyone heard of any aircraft (or scenery) dev that's made an announcement about being in line for FSW?

ANYONE?

Just wondering...

Thanks,

Colin AKA Mongoose

Turing it around can you name any that have said they definitely won't be producing content for FSW?

9 hours ago, Chock said:

FS Flight Control is already compatible with Flight Sim World, so obviously that is another developer which is on board with it

I'm just learning about FS Flight Control (I've heard of it, but never really looked at it).  I see it has a fuel/load screen so I am wondering if it will load the passengers as well in FSW?

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Actually, just because FSW has Carenado/A2A products in the release version doesn't mean that they have any intention of putting stuff into the sim.  It's likely that DTG bought the rights for those products straight up rather than making a licensing deal.  We've done the same for Aerofly.  (and we have not yet decided whether or not to support that one either)

JustFlight doesn't surprise me but that's not the majority of the higher end sim companies.. 

It's absolutely true that no one has specifically said they won't... (incudling us)....  

Alright....  Thanks.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

35 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Actually, just because FSW has Carenado/A2A products in the release version doesn't mean that they have any intention of putting stuff into the sim.  It's likely that DTG bought the rights for those products straight up rather than making a licensing deal.  We've done the same for Aerofly.  (and we have not yet decided whether or not to support that one either)

JustFlight doesn't surprise me but that's not the majority of the higher end sim companies.. 

It's absolutely true that no one has specifically said they won't... (incudling us)....  

Alright....  Thanks.

That's true, but one would assume since there are some Carenado products in there, it indicates that DTG and Carenado are not at daggers drawn and are happy to do deals with DTG, so I think it is safe to assume they will be seeing it as another market for their products. If it isn't a pain in the arse to tweak existing products to have them fly in FSW, which it likely won't be given that it is an ESP derivative, it would seem to be a silly thing to do, to not see it as another potential revenue source.

Alan Bradbury

That's a good point, of course Aerosoft also sell through Steam, for example their Ready For Take Off sim is on there, so they presumably see the advantage of that outlet and DTG's use of it.

It's quite telling that two of the largest flight sim web store presences - Aerosoft and Just Flight - both of which develop stuff in-house as well as acting as brokers for other developers, have expressed an interest. It's worth noting that both of them have a reputation for putting out decent stuff too, which I think that bodes well for Flight Sim World.

Alan Bradbury

Just a head's up for anyone who manually added FSX/P3D sceneries to FSW's scenery.cfg. Seems since update 5 and 6 selecting some airports (for me some Fly Tampa, LatinVFR and DD) now cause instant CTD. Before they were fine. Part of the fun of a constant changing sim I suppose :biggrin:

4 hours ago, FrankSalo said:

Just a head's up for anyone who manually added FSX/P3D sceneries to FSW's scenery.cfg. Seems since update 5 and 6 selecting some airports (for me some Fly Tampa, LatinVFR and DD) now cause instant CTD. Before they were fine. Part of the fun of a constant changing sim I suppose :biggrin:

I´m having those too. If you discover some solution, please let me know. Actually I had the same CTD when flying stock scenery (It took like 40 minutes, with one of my custom scenery it happens instantly). The issue is related with this dll: ntdll.dll.