Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[28JUL17] Updates for 737, 747, 777 and (finally!) the PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion is available!

Geek out fun facts. Excellent. Thank you.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Yes, RAAS, is with the download now. And it works perfectly. Thank you PMDG team.

Jerry Friz, KSEA

9 hours ago, alek94 said:

Have people noticed that pmdg 777 does not stop naturally when the engine is running on idle on the ground. This problem I also noticed on the last update before this one. Its not realistic that the aircraft does not naturally stop when engine is running on idle, and especially when the aircraft weights is very heavy...

define  naturally, since most pilots use brakes to stop the aircraft.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

14 hours ago, alek94 said:

Have people noticed that pmdg 777 does not stop naturally when the engine is running on idle on the ground. This problem I also noticed on the last update before this one. Its not realistic that the aircraft does not naturally stop when engine is running on idle, and especially when the aircraft weights is very heavy...

All ok here.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Is there a fix to the shadows of the VC sahowig the whole plane? I feel like why have dynamic shadows of all you see is a skeleton when landing in the sunset. 

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

8 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

Is there a fix to the shadows of the VC sahowig the whole plane? I feel like why have dynamic shadows of all you see is a skeleton when landing in the sunset. 

That's down to how the 777 was modelled. To save VAS, there was no full aircraft modelled in the VC view, so shadows were a bit odd. The 747 had a full low poly model made for in the VC so you get a full shadow. I'm guessing that with P3Dv4, that version may get a model added in the future.

On 7/28/2017 at 4:58 PM, AndyUK said:

Maybe a P3D thing because I've got full Installed and Available version Info in the OC for both the 800/900 and 600/700 installed in FSX:SE. Installed and available versions shown as 1.20.8413 for both.

I have the same gray bar issue, and I have v4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

On 7/30/2017 at 8:31 AM, PMDG777 said:

That's down to how the 777 was modelled. To save VAS, there was no full aircraft modelled in the VC view, so shadows were a bit odd. The 747 had a full low poly model made for in the VC so you get a full shadow. I'm guessing that with P3Dv4, that version may get a model added in the future.

Close, but not entirely true...

It's down to how P3D shows the shadow. If you take the same model in FSX, you'll see the actual shadow. P3D uses the VC model instead of the external model (like FSX) for the shadow...or something like that...I'm not a modeler. So, with the 744, since we were actively developing it, a low poly shadow model was added into the VC view. Prior to the 744, it was never really a concern to look into. It just hasn't made its way back into the 777.

Kyle Rodgers

40 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Close, but not entirely true...

It's down to how P3D shows the shadow. If you take the same model in FSX, you'll see the actual shadow. P3D uses the VC model instead of the external model (like FSX) for the shadow...or something like that...I'm not a modeler. So, with the 744, since we were actively developing it, a low poly shadow model was added into the VC view. Prior to the 744, it was never really a concern to look into. It just hasn't made its way back into the 777.

Interesting... wonder why that change was made by LM?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

6 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Interesting... wonder why that change was made by LM?!

Probably so developers could use low poly models for shadows instead of relying on the full model? Better performance? I don't know stab in the dark.

What are the FSX NGX,777,747 changes (if any) that would warrant an update if I did it mid July (any gamechangers? had no crashes or OOMs that require mending on my side)...this whole reinstall in 2 weeks is not my piece of pie (but understand it needs to be done this way).

Metod Praprotnik

Metod Praprotnik

49 minutes ago, metod said:

What are the FSX NGX,777,747 changes (if any) that would warrant an update if I did it mid July (any gamechangers? had no crashes or OOMs that require mending on my side)...this whole reinstall in 2 weeks is not my piece of pie (but understand it needs to be done this way).

Metod Praprotnik

The latest installers should allow PMDG to push most updates via the OC from now on.

First of all, thanks for the updates and for making any efforts to sort out the problems that came up with P3D4.

Have you got any advice on the Prepar3D version we should use now? So far, always having the newest version wasn't the best idea. Because this way a lot of addons weren't "new enough" for this version, some others however needed the newest version. And installing a new Prepar3d version meant reinstalling and reconfiguring a lot of addons again...

I've got one of the first builds of P3D4 (v 4.0.23.21468). Would you say it's worth updating now, before reinstalling the whole PMDG stuff again?

I had quite a lot of CTDs recently, some of them in mid flight without any scenery addons. Not all of them with a PMDG aircraft, but most of them were.

Regards, Dominik

I really hope this is the last uninstall and install! It's a pain to find all my add-on liveries and reinstall them! 

13 minutes ago, canders2 said:

I really hope this is the last uninstall and install! It's a pain to find all my add-on liveries and reinstall them! 

The OC should do this for you but if it doesn't and you have any 3rd party add-on liveries, you should do as I do and save them in to a folder somewhere on your machine!