Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[28JUL17] Updates for 737, 747, 777 and (finally!) the PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion is available!

Captains,

Right off the top- please be aware that we have finally released the Prepar3D v4 compatible version of the PMDG 737-600/700 NGX Expansion package.  This officially completes the process of getting our core product line into line with P3D v4- and we can begin shifting focus to evaluating the J41 (unlikely to be converted) and putting our attention back to the main focus of finishing the PMDG 747-8 as well as evaluating updates to the DC-6 for XPlane users.

Okay- another big round of updates for you this evening.  We are modestly certain that this will be the last batch of "no, you REALLY have to download the full installer again" updates as we seek to improve customer installation stability and eliminate some of the more common support call causes moving forward.

It is NOT an easy thing to support users in five different simulators across three different platforms, even though this round of updates focuses only on our FSX/FSX-SE and P3D v3/P3D v4 customers.  We decided to clean-sheet our installation process in order to make it a bit more robust because far to many customers were running into problems and winding up at technical support.  So we decided it was time for a generational update process and that has caused the need to keep replacing the full installers rather than relying upon micro-updating- which is the direction we would like to be headed once we get all of the platforms stabilized.

This round of updates does a few things to all three product lines:

• RAAS for P3D v4 has been added to the 777 and 747-400.  (I erroneously mentioned this being added to the NGX last week- but it is not planned to be added to the NGX, which has never had the RAAS hook-in...)
  • P3D Captain PFD pop-up CTD protection has been added to all three product lines.  Since we have been unsuccessful in our efforts to convince Lockheed Martin to evaluate this CTD seriously, we have locked out the ability to use the CA's PFD as a pop-up display, but we included an option in the PMDG Options menu within the FMS that allows the user to Opt-In to having this popup work.  (NOTE:  This particular CTD, for those who do not know, affects a small percentage of users who use the CA PFD as a popup, but the CTD doesn't happen until you have been flying somewhere between 3-8 hours of actual elapsed time.  This CTD began to appear in P3D v3.1 after Lockheed Martin pushed that update- and no root cause has been found after literally thousands of hours of tests internally at PMDG- so we took this step in order to minimize the number of customers affected by it without realizing the cause...)
  • Some other various cleanup items across all three product lines, along with some efficiencies.

To obtain these new updates, simply log into your PMDG eCommerce account, navigate to your order history and download away...

For Aerosoft customers, we have sent these updates to Aerosoft just moments ago.  I suspect they may get them available to their customers within their systems on Friday- but if they do not then it will take until Monday.  Please be patient with them- they will be just as eager as you to make them available!

Alright- I suspect we will be moving back to micro-updates with optional installer downloads after this round...  (Touch wood, fingers crossed, shake lucky rabbit foot...)

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

• Upvote 25

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Robert and team. You made my Friday night!

• Upvote 1

Fantastic work Robert and the PMDG team.

My credit card isn't ready for the P3D 600/700 expansion but what the heck I'm buying it anyway!

Now all we have to look forward to is the 748, can we get a teaser of things to come :P

• Upvote 2

May I ask, did the NGX product receive the new, improved ground friction model?

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

now  to  wait  for  the usual  post  to follow,  why  the  download  again, or  do i need  to uninstall  the previous  versions etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I want to see how many posts will be for the Captain PFD pop-up "not working" :)

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

28 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

I want to see how many posts will be for the Captain PFD pop-up "not working" :)

or  is  the hold  bug  fixed  on the  747  yet,  as  this  comes  up   every time  when a  747  update   comes up:smile:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What a nice surprise this morning (yes I downloaded before I read the article).

Thank you again to the team of Robert, devs and beta testers for the trouble you went to.

Happy camper!

Jude

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Well with this update, I think this marks the end of P3D V3 and will fly solely on V4. At least I think that's the route I'm going.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

9 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

or  is  the hold  bug  fixed  on the  747  yet,  as  this  comes  up   every time  when a  747  update   comes up:smile:

Oh yearh... 'The Hold Bug'

*SIGH*

They could make a Hollywood-blockbuster out of that one... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

My PFD won't pop up, is this a bug ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Great news, well updates on their way :) Really looking forward the 747-8 ad the X-Plane update it would be specially good to have the state buttons like I've seen on the FSX/P3D DC6 but also if that is possible mouse wheel support for the autopilot trim, I regularly have the issue of thinking to make a small change and it does a huge change which makes it a big descent/climb rate and quite hard to get back to the correct rate of descent, or at least takes some time :)

17 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

My PFD won't pop up, is this a bug ?

we have locked out the ability to use the CA's PFD as a pop-up display, but we included an option in the PMDG Options menu within the FMS that allows the user to Opt-In to having this popup work. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

10 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

we have locked out the ability to use the CA's PFD as a pop-up display, but we included an option in the PMDG Options menu within the FMS that allows the user to Opt-In to having this popup work. 

I really hope the initial poster was joking :)

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com