ukplane1

How is this FREEWARE?

Recommended Posts


 

test.jpg

 

tapei2.jpg
 

If there's popular demand i'll give the link to the developers website.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ok that was quick, however the link above only works in FSX and P3DV3 there's an P3DV4 link which will be ready in an couple of days or so.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. I'm not sure if its the screen shots or the actual scenery. The screenies look like the contrast has been overdone, cartoonish looking.

Somehow I suspect its not really that way.

Amazing detail. Worth taking a look at for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I scanned the tread, did translation to english found one link for scenery but it says the file doesn't exist anymore, says the most recent version you have to search the tread, so I did that and I can't find where one would download a file.

Round about page 30 or 31 is the link to scenery but its dead, can't find the Real Taipei X.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Interesting. I'm not sure if its the screen shots or the actual scenery. The screenies look like the contrast has been overdone, cartoonish looking.

Somehow I suspect its not really that way.

Amazing detail. Worth taking a look at for sure.

A lot of people love going crazy in PTA.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, captain420 said:

thanks! is this compatible with p3dv4?

Don't know, most likely it will work. I'll be giving it a try tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the link, I'm downloading it now.... :)

Glad to see more Asian sceneries for once!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good ! I very often fly to Taipei, really looking foward to this in P3DV4.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone please give us the link for the download, I registered for the forum, and I cannot get the link.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Walouigi said:

Can anyone please give us the link for the download, I registered for the forum, and I cannot get the link.

Thanks

After log in, select the free downloads drop down at the top menu bar, scroll down to scenery, it will pull up a lengthy list, then scroll down that list to six from the bottom. "click here to download".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed it this morning. Some screenies.

Everything seems to be working fine in P3D4.

But I will say this, the demand on my robust system is great. I can fly around in a GA aircraft but I wonder about coming in a big bird.

Bryan

-2017-aug-7-010.md.jpg


-2017-aug-7-011.md.jpg


-2017-aug-7-012.md.jpg


-2017-aug-7-013.md.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Installed it this morning. Some screenies.

Everything seems to be working fine in P3D4.

But I will say this, the demand on my robust system is great. I can fly around in a GA aircraft but I wonder about coming in a big bird.

Bryan

-2017-aug-7-010.md.jpg


-2017-aug-7-011.md.jpg


-2017-aug-7-012.md.jpg


-2017-aug-7-013.md.jpg

It might be caused by the scenery not being p3dv4 compatible yet. FlyTampa Hong Kong is a big performance drag on my system its not fully p3dv4 compatible and FlyTampa admits they don't know why yet it causes long load times and stutters in p3dv4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

It might be caused by the scenery not being p3dv4 compatible yet. FlyTampa Hong Kong is a big performance drag on my system its not fully p3dv4 compatible and FlyTampa admits they don't know why yet it causes long load times and stutters in p3dv4.

Interesting! Just might well be.  I will say this there are thousands of custom buildings and who knows how efficient they have been modeled in terms of polygons and texture application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Interesting! Just might well be.  I will say this there are thousands of custom buildings and who knows how efficient they have been modeled in terms of polygons and texture application.

I landed in VHHH and had FT Hong Kong activated too. Had bad performance and noticed a topic on their forum: http://flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10398

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

After log in, select the free downloads drop down at the top menu bar, scroll down to scenery, it will pull up a lengthy list, then scroll down that list to six from the bottom. "click here to download".

Thank you very much for the information, got it now.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome scenery! I installed it with P3Dv4 and I do not see any performance issues and the color is fine..it's not cartoonish like in those screenshots.

I can't believe this is freeware

I can see the city buildings at distance..without the popups..and no textures (Buildings) going black.

 

I love it

Many add-on vendors could learn from this, in how to build large crowded cities without the annoying popups and black textures as you look around.

 

The airport taxiway textures, not that great..and the I notice some default airport buildings on top of the add on buildings... I think this is to do with using FSX scenery in P3dv4.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, honanhal said:

Hmmm...that's worrying as I prepare to make the move to P3D v4 from FSX. Are you noticing a lot of bad performance with addons?

James

FT Hong Kong is a bad performer but I have many other addons in v4 with no bad performance. It could be the way a developer made scenery in the past that does not perform well in v4. Orbx Socal is also a fps killer but to be expected. In v4 dynamic lights drop my fps too and the lighting system is required if you want reflections of lights on the ground when flying PMDG aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Manny said:

Awesome scenery! I installed it with P3Dv4 and I do not see any performance issues and the color is fine..it's not cartoonish like in those screenshots.

I can't believe this is freeware

I can see the city buildings at distance..without the popups..and no textures (Buildings) going black.

 

I love it

Many add-on vendors could learn from this, in how to build large crowded cities without the annoying popups and black textures as you look around.

 

The airport taxiway textures, not that great..and the I notice some default airport buildings on top of the add on buildings... I think this is to do with using FSX scenery in P3dv4.

 

 

I am going by memory not in front of my flight sim computer... I think Vector has an RCTP afcad? If so it should be disabled in the vector airport elevation correction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now