Sign in to follow this  
Eagle99z

FSTRAMP a few questions

Sorry if a stupid question, am somewhat confused I used to use FsNavigator.

Am Guessing FsNav is the Old version to FSTramp what is the subscription about if I pay for one year is that ill get one year of updates but my license is valid forever until I want to upgrade ? or is it after a year it will say you need to buy again?

Is it worth it, FSNav was possibly one of the best programs I used to use? Is FSTramp a new company or same developer

thanks

You have to renew (pay) your license every year.

What I (personally) do not like about is that it is a plug-in. You cannot use it, plan a flight, unless the sim is active.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Yes I thought that

I wanted to plan a route from the US to the UK in a prop so was looking for something I could use to limit each leg to around 150/250nm - But haven't found anything yet 

They used to do a free trial for 30 days or so. Remember doing it. The app is similar to FS navigator in appearance and usage.

You might want to check out fs commander. No yearly license to buy and it works outside of prepar3d although it can connect to it. It's free to use for 15 or 20 minutes so you can give it a go to see if it meets your needs.

FSTramp is the only navigation map you can use by hitting a keyboard key while flying in full screen mode.
Zero impact on fps and a complete bright map for flying assistance.

That's why I love using it, like FS Nav many years ago.
I use FSC though, for PMDG's flight planning.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

You can evaluate FSTramp for 20 sessions before having to obtain a key for continued full functionality. That is quite a bit of evaluating. It is the same developer as FSNav. One feature, among others, that separates it from FSComander is the ability to both create and interchange flight plans with P3D. That's a biggie for me. You can also drag and drop navaids into the flightplan window right off the map. I'm having some issues with my current evaluation. After looking up origin and destination airport ICAOsI can drag and drop them into the flightplan window. I can then drag and drop navaids into the plan. An issue I'm seeing is the inability to select and move a waypoint up and down the flightplan list. When I select a waypoint and begin to move it up or down, rather than moving the single waypoint line it continues to highlight multiple waypoint lines. VERY frustrating. I'm going to post a support forum item to see what's up here. Repeated attempts at moving the waypoint line eventually work, it just takes a huge effort to do so at this point.

I just like the tight crisp feel of FSTramp. I like the moving map options MUCH better than moving around in FSC. FSC just seems to be too cluttered in my eyes, trying to do too many things. A common fault of a lot of addons these days. Just my .02.

The pricing is a bit rich, but the developer REALLY works at keeping it tight and improving it. He has decades of experience doing so. Many pilot flinch at spending $25 a year for such a great utility, but will drop $70 in a heartbeat for a glass cockpit to follow a magenta line and push buttons. Not my idea of flying, but I know I'm in the "Old School" minority on that one.

Cheers,

• Like 1

I perfectly second that ;-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I find the freeware Little NavMap to be equally as effective plus it has the ability to export flight plans in the GTN750 format. For me, FSTramp isn't worth the price of admission, especially not a yearly subscription.  I loved FSNavigator, and feel that Little NavMap is easily as good if not better. Like FSNav and FSTramp - a learning curve is needed.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Does anybody knows how to show AI traffic on Fstramp V 7.1 in X Plane, on P3D I have no problem but I can not do it on X Plane however in Little Navmap it show them

Edited by alexcunille
Update

On 8/22/2017 at 1:18 PM, vgbaron said:

Little NavMap . . . has the ability to export flight plans in the GTN750 format

Flight1 GTN 750?  If so, how does one import the flight plan into the GTN750?

Tom

1 hour ago, tjrush said:

Flight1 GTN 750?  If so, how does one import the flight plan into the GTN750?

I'm not at my flight system so I'm doing this from memory - 

In the 750 - click FlightPlan - click menu - click catalog - click menu - click import - select the fp you just saved and activate it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

P3D v5 expected ?

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

developer said he is checking to see if he can port it over.  I really hope so because I find the simplicity of the map nice to use on my 2nd monitor.  My problem with LittleNavMap is that I find it too cluttered and too busy.  Very much enjoy seeing the vatsim traffic also. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

26 minutes ago, micstatic said:

developer said he is checking to see if he can port it over.  I really hope so because I find the simplicity of the map nice to use on my 2nd monitor.  My problem with LittleNavMap is that I find it too cluttered and too busy.  Very much enjoy seeing the vatsim traffic also. 

Exactly

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Yes, my favorite planner too 😉

Best regards,
David Roch