Sign in to follow this  
AOB

Honey I am home

Recommended Posts

Just walked through the metaphorical door after a 20+ hour or so round Australia trip over the last week. Did it in 9 legs in the Piper Malibu. Worst leg was Cairns to Darwin. I arrived in Darwin on fumes! Scenery not overly good but it was fun. Auto pilot got a workout too. I am so longing for full compatible Orbx Australia. I keep looking at my FSX Orbx stuff but then think .... wait for it .... Do we really want FSX with a better user interface or do we wait and see what goodies Orbx does for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Why don´t you fly both for now?
That´s what I´m doing. When DTG finish this amazing piece of work, I will exclusively fly on it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Why don´t you fly both for now?
That´s what I´m doing. When DTG finish this amazing piece of work, I will exclusively fly on it.

I'm having a blast with FSW...but I sure wish they would do sooner than later...an update that addresses the totally faded and bland color pallet of their world.  It is totally washed out, and this is the ONLY thing to date, that diminishes (not ruins, as in I won't fly the sim...) my total enjoyment at this posting. If there was depth to the color, at least equal to FSX boxed or SE, or P3D for that matter, that would be a great, and advancing update release.

I flew over Montana yesterday, and amongst some simply amazing cloud builds from the dynamic TrueSky cloud formations....

This sim, when finally going RTM, will seriously give P3D a fight for its life....most seriously!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, if you want to be a part of FSW, you have to be patient. Something I am not very good at! But I am enjoying the Early Access a lot, really a lot, I mean seriously a lot, ... Can't wait to the distant future! Should be really cool!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm patiently waiting and  looking forward to when DTG includes rotorwings and turbines. I enjoy business class jets and one of my old favorites, the twotter, as well as all helicopters.

I think we have a lot to look forward to with this sim.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I think we have a lot to look forward to with this sim.

I agree, Gonna take some time, but it will get there eventually! Most of the stuff people want will hopefully be there one day! Jet's, Helicopter's, Add On airport's, scenery, float planes, etc... and hopefully a ton of other stuff! We just don't know when that will be!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

This sim, when finally going RTM, will seriously give P3D a fight for its life....most seriously!

Ya think so?  Think of the money and add-ons people already spent with P3D (Oops did I say that again?)  I have to admire the serial simmer FSW, P3D, AeroFly2, XP11, FSX-SE, DCS the names alone make my head spin. Long live the serial simmer :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Ya think so?  Think of the money and add-ons people already spent with P3D (Oops did I say that again?)  I have to admire the serial simmer FSW, P3D, AeroFly2, XP11, FSX-SE, DCS the names alone make my head spin. Long live the serial simmer :laugh:

Explain serial simmer please?

Share this post


Link to post

 Hopefully we will get a better insight at the Cosford Show in October and get to talk to some of the devs, By then we will have had a few more updates and I suspect they will try to bring something big in an update soon as they can. TrueSKY did wonders for sales of FSW.

I find myself spending less in FSX:SE and more in FSW and am getting a kick out of tweaking to the point of trying to break it just to see how far I can go, testing the limit`s I'm trying all the addons I can lever in which tells me this sim has a big future, There are issues at the moment bug fixes but they know that,  And will get it sorted and as a big bird fan I cant wait for some day flying a big jet in a fully immersive environment and will gladly pay for a good addon aircraft for it.

Ray Fry.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rjfry said:

 Hopefully we will get a better insight at the Cosford Show in October and get to talk to some of the devs, By then we will have had a few more updates and I suspect they will try to bring something big in an update soon as they can. TrueSKY did wonders for sales of FSW.

I find myself spending less in FSX:SE and more in FSW and am getting a kick out of tweaking to the point of trying to break it just to see how far I can go, testing the limit`s I'm trying all the addons I can lever in which tells me this sim has a big future, There are issues at the moment bug fixes but they know that,  And will get it sorted and as a big bird fan I cant wait for some day flying a big jet in a fully immersive environment and will gladly pay for a good addon aircraft for it.

Ray Fry.

 

I suffered a CTD yesterday...so I know...I'm feeding it enough non-official food, er...content...

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I suffered a CTD yesterday...so I know...I'm feeding it enough non-official food, er...content...

Only one I've  had a few I'm doing the FIFTY SHADES THING at the moment playing with the shadier`s.

I'm a big F1 fan and until you crash you've not found the limit.

Ray Fry.

Share this post


Link to post

I am weak ........ I have re installed FSX and am now puttiing my Orbx stuff into it. I will modify FSW scenery.cfg when all is done. I do not know when (or if) Orbx will do deals on FSW versions of what we have bought so meanwhile back to fiddling.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, AOB said:

 I am weak ........ I have re installed FSX and am now puttiing my Orbx stuff into it. I will modify FSW scenery.cfg when all is done. I do not know when (or if) Orbx will do deals on FSW versions of what we have bought so meanwhile back to fiddling.

This is were steam comes into it`s own break it verify files or re-install. 

Ray Fry.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AOB said:

I am weak ........ I have re installed FSX and am now puttiing my Orbx stuff into it. I will modify FSW scenery.cfg when all is done. I do not know when (or if) Orbx will do deals on FSW versions of what we have bought so meanwhile back to fiddling.

That's why I started a few weeks ago...I don't think you'll see any offical ORBX content for close to 24 months away....just sayin'.....if DTG could just give the world graphics, greater color and depth-vibrancy, I could wait patiently and go along for the development ride....

I want them to get this to where THEY see the vision of their work...and we users will all enjoy that effort, and detail...TrueSky, etc...but I do hope a more palatable in-house Orbx 'Global' color pallet can be given sooner, than later. That would be great.

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if I can install my FSW compatable Drzeweicki NYC X and FS-Global 2018 backwards into FSX? :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, AOB said:

I wonder if I can install my FSW compatable Drzeweicki NYC X and FS-Global 2018 backwards into FSX? :blink:

You can certainly install your elevation mesh...I had no problem installing my FSX2010, in its entirety. As for the other....you only have to try.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Learjet777 said:

Explain serial simmer please?

A serial simmer: simmer who has many sims installed, going from one sim to the next and back.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

A serial simmer: simmer who has many sims installed, going from one sim to the next and back.

That's me.  Between X-Plane 11 and FSW.  Sticking with FSW lately.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

A serial simmer: simmer who has many sims installed, going from one sim to the next and back.

Well I have FSX, FSX-SE, X-Plane 10 (Never use it. I was too lazy to learn it ), and FSW. I hate being a serial anything, but I guess...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this