RXP

Are you finally Prepar3d for Reality XP GNS V2

Recommended Posts

Hi,

A quick note to let you know we're putting the final touch to the user's manual, and we expect a release either later today, or by tomorrow morning!

And there's more: expect the Reality XP GTN Touch to follow up a couple days after, depending on the release support workload!

We're thrilled and very excited to bring you higher standards and a unique experience to your Flight Simulators!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I heard the 530 would have functionality with GoFlight modules.  Still true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

functionality with GoFlight modules

I think this one is easy: GNS V2 not only supports our traditional keyboard shortcuts, but it also supports the default GPS commands! 

In other words: any panel designed to 'send' standard GPS commands when clicking a 3D button, that is to drive the standard GPS from the 3D panel, will automatically command the GNS V2 with no additional configuration needed!

As a matter of fact, any gauge/model/module (FSUIPC, GoFlight etc..) sending these standard FS SDK commands become automatically compatible with the GNS V2!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be following this release with great interest Jean-Luc. It's been several years since I've been a customer of RealityXP (the excellent "Flightline T" and "N" gauges for FS9) but it's very welcome to see you developing these products for FSX/P3D.

Just a few days ago, I was on the verge of buying a GNS 530/430 "complete edition" from another developer, but will certainly wait to see the pricing and features on offer here before making any decisions.

Good luck with the new release! :smile:

Nick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see the 'T' and 'N' gauges reinvented into P3Dv4. The ADF gauge was the best implementation of an ADF (especially ADF "dip") I have ever seen, and helped immensely in practicing for IFR procedures in real life.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for your kind words!

@loganbrooks25 this will be most likely added to the main page first, with separate download boxes for XPlane and Prepar3D!

@Nick M We're considering resurrecting FLT, FLN and a few other products with the modern technologies we've developed since then. Besides, you might want to read some of the key advantages of our GNS V2 I've posted here:

Highlights: new trainer with software v3.3 exclusively showcased in GNS V2, Cross Fill, authentic Ryan TCAD, best-in-class graphics in 32 bits and HDPI (FS SDK and all FS gauges limited to 15 bits colours, aka "colour banding"), best-in-class rendering technology supports displaying all your GNS gauges simultaneously (VC + popup: none gets blank while the other displays), lots of custom simvar for 3rd party vendor and panel integration, support for keyboard shortcuts and external hardware...

And beyond more than 15 years of experience raising the bar and setting the standards in Garmin Simulation in particular and Gauge development in general, so much more to write we won't finish redacting the GNS V2 User's Manual in time for release! :biggrin:

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Release it...we can do with the manual later. :)

 

The weekend is gone.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, RXP said:

Thank you all for your kind words!

@loganbrooks25 this will be most likely added to the main page first, with separate download boxes for XPlane and Prepar3D!

@Nick M We're considering resurrecting FLT, FLN and a few other products with the modern technologies we've developed since then. Besides, you might want to read some of the key advantages of our GNS V2 I've posted here:

Highlights: new trainer with software v3.3 exclusively showcased in GNS V2, Cross Fill, authentic Ryan TCAD, best-in-class graphics in 32 bits and HDPI (FS SDK and all FS gauges limited to 15 bits colours, aka "colour banding"), best-in-class rendering technology supports displaying all your GNS gauges simultaneously (VC + popup: none gets blank while the other displays), lots of custom simvar for 3rd party vendor and panel integration, support for keyboard shortcuts 

 

Absolutely terrific.  Yay !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just like to report that as of this afternoon, I am flying with the GNS2 530 installed in P3DV4 and it is performing brilliantly  :cool:

Still waiting for the documentation, but the units (GNS530 and GPS500) are in fine form..  The RealAir Piston Duke likes the GPS500 with two NAV radios to the side.

My Baytower RV7 has the GNS 530 installed and is happy also.. :happy:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would just like to report that as of this afternoon, I am flying with the GNS2 530 installed in P3DV4 and it is performing brilliantly  :cool:

Still waiting for the documentation, but the units (GNS530 and GPS500) are in fine form..  The RealAir Piston Duke likes the GPS500 with two NAV radios to the side.

My Baytower RV7 has the GNS 530 installed and is happy also.. :happy:

Has it been released now? I can't find it on the website :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, loganbrooks25 said:

Has it been released now? I can't find it on the website :mellow:

I got a pre-release copy today.. don't believe it is orderable just yet, I am still without documentation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DavidP said:

I would love to see the 'T' and 'N' gauges reinvented into P3Dv4. The ADF gauge was the best implementation of an ADF (especially ADF "dip") I have ever seen, and helped immensely in practicing for IFR procedures in real life.

 

I would second this request. I used to spend as much time getting the FLT and FLN gauges installed into my panels as I did flying simply because of how spectacular they were.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.