RXP

Are you finally Prepar3d for Reality XP GNS V2

Hi,

A quick note to let you know we're putting the final touch to the user's manual, and we expect a release either later today, or by tomorrow morning!

And there's more: expect the Reality XP GTN Touch to follow up a couple days after, depending on the release support workload!

We're thrilled and very excited to bring you higher standards and a unique experience to your Flight Simulators!

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I heard the 530 would have functionality with GoFlight modules.  Still true?

9 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

functionality with GoFlight modules

I think this one is easy: GNS V2 not only supports our traditional keyboard shortcuts, but it also supports the default GPS commands! 

In other words: any panel designed to 'send' standard GPS commands when clicking a 3D button, that is to drive the standard GPS from the 3D panel, will automatically command the GNS V2 with no additional configuration needed!

As a matter of fact, any gauge/model/module (FSUIPC, GoFlight etc..) sending these standard FS SDK commands become automatically compatible with the GNS V2!

• Upvote 2

I'll be following this release with great interest Jean-Luc. It's been several years since I've been a customer of RealityXP (the excellent "Flightline T" and "N" gauges for FS9) but it's very welcome to see you developing these products for FSX/P3D.

Just a few days ago, I was on the verge of buying a GNS 530/430 "complete edition" from another developer, but will certainly wait to see the pricing and features on offer here before making any decisions.

Good luck with the new release! :smile:

Nick 

I would love to see the 'T' and 'N' gauges reinvented into P3Dv4. The ADF gauge was the best implementation of an ADF (especially ADF "dip") I have ever seen, and helped immensely in practicing for IFR procedures in real life.

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for your kind words!

@loganbrooks25 this will be most likely added to the main page first, with separate download boxes for XPlane and Prepar3D!

@Nick M We're considering resurrecting FLT, FLN and a few other products with the modern technologies we've developed since then. Besides, you might want to read some of the key advantages of our GNS V2 I've posted here:

Highlights: new trainer with software v3.3 exclusively showcased in GNS V2, Cross Fill, authentic Ryan TCAD, best-in-class graphics in 32 bits and HDPI (FS SDK and all FS gauges limited to 15 bits colours, aka "colour banding"), best-in-class rendering technology supports displaying all your GNS gauges simultaneously (VC + popup: none gets blank while the other displays), lots of custom simvar for 3rd party vendor and panel integration, support for keyboard shortcuts and external hardware...

And beyond more than 15 years of experience raising the bar and setting the standards in Garmin Simulation in particular and Gauge development in general, so much more to write we won't finish redacting the GNS V2 User's Manual in time for release! :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Release it...we can do with the manual later. :)

The weekend is gone.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, RXP said:

Thank you all for your kind words!

@loganbrooks25 this will be most likely added to the main page first, with separate download boxes for XPlane and Prepar3D!

@Nick M We're considering resurrecting FLT, FLN and a few other products with the modern technologies we've developed since then. Besides, you might want to read some of the key advantages of our GNS V2 I've posted here:

Highlights: new trainer with software v3.3 exclusively showcased in GNS V2, Cross Fill, authentic Ryan TCAD, best-in-class graphics in 32 bits and HDPI (FS SDK and all FS gauges limited to 15 bits colours, aka "colour banding"), best-in-class rendering technology supports displaying all your GNS gauges simultaneously (VC + popup: none gets blank while the other displays), lots of custom simvar for 3rd party vendor and panel integration, support for keyboard shortcuts 

Absolutely terrific.  Yay !!!

I would just like to report that as of this afternoon, I am flying with the GNS2 530 installed in P3DV4 and it is performing brilliantly  :cool:

Still waiting for the documentation, but the units (GNS530 and GPS500) are in fine form..  The RealAir Piston Duke likes the GPS500 with two NAV radios to the side.

My Baytower RV7 has the GNS 530 installed and is happy also.. :happy:

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would just like to report that as of this afternoon, I am flying with the GNS2 530 installed in P3DV4 and it is performing brilliantly  :cool:

Still waiting for the documentation, but the units (GNS530 and GPS500) are in fine form..  The RealAir Piston Duke likes the GPS500 with two NAV radios to the side.

My Baytower RV7 has the GNS 530 installed and is happy also.. :happy:

Has it been released now? I can't find it on the website :mellow:

9 minutes ago, loganbrooks25 said:

Has it been released now? I can't find it on the website :mellow:

I got a pre-release copy today.. don't believe it is orderable just yet, I am still without documentation.

6 hours ago, DavidP said:

I would love to see the 'T' and 'N' gauges reinvented into P3Dv4. The ADF gauge was the best implementation of an ADF (especially ADF "dip") I have ever seen, and helped immensely in practicing for IFR procedures in real life.

I would second this request. I used to spend as much time getting the FLT and FLN gauges installed into my panels as I did flying simply because of how spectacular they were.

• Upvote 1

Excellent, is there a list of supported aircraft (as in integrated, not a popup window)?

Cheers, Rob.

55 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Excellent, is there a list of supported aircraft (as in integrated, not a popup window)?

Cheers, Rob.

I'd like to know too.

i hope GTN will have ability to import user waypoint and user checklist (even if i know how to do it manually by modifying the CARD file)

5 hours ago, pmanhart said:

I would second this request. I used to spend as much time getting the FLT and FLN gauges installed into my panels as I did flying simply because of how spectacular they were.

Same here!  :cool:

I took the new Reality XP GNS 530W v2 on a test flight earlier on today.

The ability to place the GNS 530W gauge into the Mooney Ovation VC without needing to fiddle around with a text editor and panel files makes this extremely user-friendly.

As I approached Innsbruck the LOWI RNP RNAV approach RWY 08 (LPV approach) became active as expected, I've posted some screenshots here:

17 hours ago, RXP said:

GNS V2 not only supports our traditional keyboard shortcuts, but it also supports the default GPS commands! 

This is an awesome feature - great work!

9 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

The GNS units integrate into any VC that already has another GNS, default, Mindstar or Reality XP 'classic'. The new RXP tool finds all present GNS units in the aircraft, within the sim! For instance in the Carenado Cessna 337 that I tested first in Prepar3D v4; I just had to load the plane in its default state and it was very easy to swap the Carenado GNS 530 with the new RXP GNS 530 by using the RXP tool within the simulator. The tool reloads the aircraft for you when you have made your choices, with the simulator running. (Likewise the tool would also work perfectly if I first would have used the Carenado executable to replace the default GPS with the old Reality XP one before starting the sim). No need to edit cfg files and restarting the sim..The new units also integrate very nicely into A2A aircraft this way. I tried the Cherokee that was setup for the Mindstar GNS 430. The RXP tool found this unit and replaced it with the new RXP one with ease. Brilliant!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, DavidP said:

10 hours ago, pmanhart said:

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Same here!  :cool:

I loved those gauges too!   Wouldn't the issue be that they were 2D, and as almost all gauges in addon aircraft these days are 3D, I'd guess it would be tricky to replace / integrate them?

1 minute ago, JYW said:

I loved those gauges too!   Wouldn't the issue be that they were 2D, and as almost all gauges in addon aircraft these days are 3D, I'd guess it would be tricky to replace / integrate them?

That does limit their usability, but where they can be used (like in my F33 Bonanza) they make all the difference in the world..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

That does limit their usability, but where they can be used (like in my F33 Bonanza) they make all the difference in the world..

Oh I know Bert - you sent my your config files for the F33 w/ 'T' and 'N' line gauges a couple of years ago! :biggrin: