Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

P3D v4.1 official release date announced - Oct 10th

DX12, Sloped runways are being thought off in future versions (not updates).

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks Bob,

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

51 minutes ago, penta_a said:

how come I didn't see that being asked in Prepar3d AMA today?

Because I have already asked LM directly months ago and they declined.

I can understand why LM is doing it this way. Allowing more/a lot of unknown people advance access IMHO induces a few project risks.

I just wanted to make it clear that most developers are not in a position to present updated products right at the day of release.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

41 minutes ago, penta_a said:

DX12, Sloped runways are being thought off in future versions (not updates).

They've said that about a few features, and I sort of believe that's just their way of saying "thanks for the feedback, we might get to it but probably won't."

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

Can anyone summarize what was mentioned other than the release?  Or was it general mentioning without specifics?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Yes, here's a summary:

• Upvote 5

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

1 minute ago, kiwikat said:

Yes, here's a summary:

Yep, the answers given thus far are fairly general, pretty void of specifics and thoughts of possible future work.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

17 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Yep, the answers given thus far are fairly general, pretty void of specifics and thoughts of possible future work.

Welp, at least we have a release date.  I'll be curious to see if they changed the default runway configurations at O'Hare.  Those are WAY out of date.  I'm doubtful but one can home. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Compatibility with my P3D v3 AI planes folder would be nice. The thought of having to update billions of models before I upgrade to v4 is not an encouraging one :dry:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Interesting thoughts ... but no specifics.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Good that we now have a release date. 2 weeks works fine with me.

The only add-on that I have that probably needs an update is AS4 where compatibility updates are pushed through a few days tops after release.

the 4.1 update is important because it is the " cleared for takeoff" that is needed for the FSLabs A320 which after watching the beta video will be in 2017 what the NGX was in 2011

Now we know it's the 10th, so will Pete be back from holiday by then?   :biggrin:

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10