w6kd

P3D v4.1 official release date announced - Oct 10th

Lockheed Martin (Adam Breed) just announced in their reddit AMA event that P3D V4.1 will release on 10 Oct 2017 at 3PM EST.

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"We are proud to announce Prepar3D v4.1 will release on Oct. 10, 2017 at 3 p.m. EST"

From LM on their Reddit.

Link to video? LM site takes you to twitter and a seemingly dead end?

AFAIK, the reddit AMA is a text-format, real-time Q&A only.  There's a link on their twitter page, and it's reposted in the AMA thread here, too.

I hope the NDA gets lifted soon and a changelog released. Perhaps then PMDG, FSL etc... will have something to say on their roadmap!

It will be more interesting when the change log appears for sure.

Its going to be a long 2 weeks........

• Upvote 2

now that we know the release date, I'm sure developers have a test version, I hope they will be ready on release date because every time a new update comes out they act like they were taken by surprise.

:biggrin:

"Adam: Hi aceridgey, To all of your questions, the answer is yes, we look for ways to continue to improve each of those capabilities with each release. You’ll see some first steps for #4 in the upcoming v4.1 release."

and #4 is: VC rain on the windshield

10 minutes ago, penta_a said:

now that we know the release date, I'm sure developers have a test version, I hope they will be ready on release date because every time a new update comes out they act like they were taken by surprise.

And we are. Only a handful of the top of the top get advance access to P3D. For the vast majority, development of updated versions of our products starts on the day that the next release of P3D is available to the public.

Best regards

6 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

And we are. Only a handful of the top of the top get advance access to P3D.

Best regards

Correct, I don't have it.

So I am now waiting to see what will happen with the release and how my add-on's will react, LM should provide early releases to all developers as it is for the benefit of all end users anyway.

I don't get why they just select only handful, for me it is just nonsense.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Correct, I don't have it.

So I am now waiting to see what will happen with the release and how my add-on's will react, LM should provide early releases to all developers as it is for the benefit of all end users anyway.

I don't get why they just select only handful, for me it is just nonsense.

Regards 

Simbol 

how come I didn't see that being asked in Prepar3d AMA today?