Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Quality Wings 787 released for FSX

Well to cheer everyone up and change the tone a bit here is a video (not mine) about a notorious dictator  trying to buy the PMDG 747 and/or or the new 787 :)

• Upvote 3

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Now that is probably better the the QW product.

Just brilliant and has really made my day.

Thank you so much

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

12 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Well to cheer everyone up and change the tone a bit here is  video about a notorious dictator  trying to buy the PMDG 747 and/or or the new 787 :)

"The FSL already made us bankrupt"

Apparently they are waiting for 4.1 to release for the P3D version to be ready, I've heard that it's apparently already in beta testing. Don't know how accurate that is but it's a thing to consider that we MAY be seeing it previewed at Cosford this weekend as LM are supposed to be debuting their changelog for 4.1.

i'd like to get this one, mostly becouse i realy like 787. I have QW Avro / Bae series, they were not study level like PMDG and FSL, but i enjoyed flying them - great models and realy good FDE + better then average system simulation. So i expect their 787 to be a nice plane. Still waiting for reviews and V4 version, i may get it for FSX if they give us upgrade discount. 

There are a lot of posts about problems with flight1 purchase system, so that may be a reason we still don't have a decent review

19 minutes ago, lodestar said:

i may get it for FSX if they give us upgrade discount.

I might in that circumstance...

spacer.png

I am in the same camp as most it seems. My money will be staying in my bank account until the P3Dv4 version is released. It seems a little odd, that with the current state of the simulation community, that they would push this out the door without full support for the most current platform. Feels like they might be trying to recoup some of their development costs by releasing in this manner rather than what has become the industry standard of offering both platforms at the same time. Maybe its just me, but I dont get the warm and fuzzy feeling that usually goes with a new release.

And also like a lot of you, I am not going to reinstall FSX SE for one aircraft. That platform caused so many headaches over the years that it is effectively dead to me. Not that we will ever see them, but I would be curious to see the sales figures for this release compared to the day they release the P3Dv4 version.

• Upvote 1

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

11 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Yes Really! Not all add ons fall short!  The FSL A320 for example is superior to anything PMDG has produced. And the Majestic Q400 is every bit as good as any PMDG product.

Read what I wrote....."most if not all...."

I agree with you that fslabs and the q400 are in the same market as pmdg. That's what I was refereeing to when I wrote what I just quoted.

It still stands thst any other company outside of these three just mentioned dont come close to what pmdg, fslabs and majestic offer in their products.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

2 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Of course. It came out for a dead sim.

Must be pretty boring on the P3D forums these days if you guys find it necessary to come over here and knock MSFS.

• Upvote 5

Ernest Pergrem

2 hours ago, warbirds said:

It all depends on how long they expect it to be before a v4 version is ready. If the upgrade price is reasonable and the wait is long (year or more) than I might buy if for FSX.

How dare you talk so much sense!

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

2 minutes ago, airernie said:

Must be pretty boring on the P3D forums these days if you guys find it necessary to come over here and knock MSFS.

I don't find anything necessary. Some people don't like when others state facts even if it hurts sometimes.

There's no way around it, it IS a dead simulator and not the future of simulation. If you want to lay around flying with it, it's your choice and nobody has anything to do with it, but that doesn't change the facts.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Since I need both FSX and P3D on my computer for reviews and other stuff, it's no skin off my nose to keep FSX-SE on my system. But it's not that difficult to bang FSX-SE back on your system in order to check the QW 787 out so long as it does end up being a reasonable price to get it for both sims. To be honest, I think QW would be silly not to offer such a deal, after all, Flight 1 did a similar thing with the iFly 737 NG, where there was a discount coupon for the P3D V4 version if you had bought it for FSX, which made it just 25 quid, which was pretty shrewd. If there are, for example, a thousand people who are holding off buying it whilst they await a P3D version, but who would take a punt on it if it was 25 quid to buy a second version (as it was with the P3D V4 version of the iFly NG), then that's 25,000 quid additional turnover for the thing. 25 grand in additional turnover is not to be sniffed at, and that's only guessing at the numbers of buyers, it's probably more than that.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

23 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Looking for reviews and insights about this product.  Very excited.  Guys & Gals who buy the FSX version can you tell me how much failures are modeled in it.  Is this bird on par with PMDG level of realism.  From the videos it seems so but just want to read feedback.  Super excited to get this bird (it will be soon)

No, it is not, and not intended to be.

DJ

54 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I don't find anything necessary. Some people don't like when others state facts even if it hurts sometimes.

There's no way around it, it IS a dead simulator and not the future of simulation. If you want to lay around flying with it, it's your choice and nobody has anything to do with it, but that doesn't change the facts.

Just trolling then, are you?

DJ

• Upvote 4