Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Quality Wings 787 released for FSX

Available on the Flight1 store.

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Looking for reviews and insights about this product.  Very excited.  Guys & Gals who buy the FSX version can you tell me how much failures are modeled in it.  Is this bird on par with PMDG level of realism.  From the videos it seems so but just want to read feedback.  Super excited to get this bird (it will be soon)

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

6 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

It doesnt show up on the landing page, but the installer is available for download on the product page 

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=qw787#d

I would pick it right now, but dont want to pay again for a P3D version. Hope QW dont pull a PMDG on this.

They have already discussed separate pricing ad nauseam. Just be patient.

• Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Is this bird on par with PMDG level of realism.

The huge 787 fan in me so wants to get this today but I'll put the brakes on and wait for some independent reviews. Everyone has their own ideas about quality and I don't expect perfection. But IMHO PMDG comes closest to it and before I head down the jetway I'll need to know how close QualityWings has gotten with this bird. My only experience with QW was their original 757 which was a big disappointment, so much so that in 20 years of flight simming it's the only add-on I ever actually uninstalled. The promo vid and features list look great but the devil is in the details and I really do hope this 787 is a winner.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

17 minutes ago, coa1117 said:

The huge 787 fan in me so wants to get this today but I'll put the brakes on and wait for some independent reviews. Everyone has their own ideas about quality and I don't expect perfection. But IMHO PMDG comes closest to it and before I head down the jetway I'll need to know how close QualityWings has gotten with this bird. My only experience with QW was their original 757 which was a big disappointment, so much so that in 20 years of flight simming it's the only add-on I ever actually uninstalled. The promo vid and features list look great but the devil is in the details and I really do hope this 787 is a winner.

Well, the 146/ RJ package that they released was very good. Based on what I have seen and read, I can only say the 787 package looks another step above that addon.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Well, the 146/ RJ package that they released was very good. Based on what I have seen and read, I can only say the 787 package looks another step above that addon.

I agree. I don't own this and won't buy at until sometime next year (budget constraints) but I would expect this to be somewhere between Aerosoft and PMDG/FSLabs.

I've heard that it's a little above the standard of Aerosoft's air busses. Not PMDG level, but still pretty dang good.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, coa1117 said:

Flight1 has a 30 day refund policy. Why not just buy and try?

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.