Gregg_Seipp

Quality Wings 787 released for FSX

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looking for reviews and insights about this product.  Very excited.  Guys & Gals who buy the FSX version can you tell me how much failures are modeled in it.  Is this bird on par with PMDG level of realism.  From the videos it seems so but just want to read feedback.  Super excited to get this bird (it will be soon)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

It doesnt show up on the landing page, but the installer is available for download on the product page 

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=qw787#d

I would pick it right now, but dont want to pay again for a P3D version. Hope QW dont pull a PMDG on this.

They have already discussed separate pricing ad nauseam. Just be patient.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZLA Steve said:

They have already discussed separate pricing ad nauseam. Just be patient.

Wasnt aware of that. Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Is this bird on par with PMDG level of realism.

The huge 787 fan in me so wants to get this today but I'll put the brakes on and wait for some independent reviews. Everyone has their own ideas about quality and I don't expect perfection. But IMHO PMDG comes closest to it and before I head down the jetway I'll need to know how close QualityWings has gotten with this bird. My only experience with QW was their original 757 which was a big disappointment, so much so that in 20 years of flight simming it's the only add-on I ever actually uninstalled. The promo vid and features list look great but the devil is in the details and I really do hope this 787 is a winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, coa1117 said:

The huge 787 fan in me so wants to get this today but I'll put the brakes on and wait for some independent reviews. Everyone has their own ideas about quality and I don't expect perfection. But IMHO PMDG comes closest to it and before I head down the jetway I'll need to know how close QualityWings has gotten with this bird. My only experience with QW was their original 757 which was a big disappointment, so much so that in 20 years of flight simming it's the only add-on I ever actually uninstalled. The promo vid and features list look great but the devil is in the details and I really do hope this 787 is a winner.

Well, the 146/ RJ package that they released was very good. Based on what I have seen and read, I can only say the 787 package looks another step above that addon.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Well, the 146/ RJ package that they released was very good. Based on what I have seen and read, I can only say the 787 package looks another step above that addon.

I agree. I don't own this and won't buy at until sometime next year (budget constraints) but I would expect this to be somewhere between Aerosoft and PMDG/FSLabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard that it's a little above the standard of Aerosoft's air busses. Not PMDG level, but still pretty dang good.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, coa1117 said:

The huge 787 fan in me so wants to get this today but I'll put the brakes on and wait for some independent reviews. Everyone has their own ideas about quality and I don't expect perfection. But IMHO PMDG comes closest to it and before I head down the jetway I'll need to know how close QualityWings has gotten with this bird. My only experience with QW was their original 757 which was a big disappointment, so much so that in 20 years of flight simming it's the only add-on I ever actually uninstalled. The promo vid and features list look great but the devil is in the details and I really do hope this 787 is a winner.

Flight1 has a 30 day refund policy. Why not just buy and try?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.