Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

4.1 release notes

I saw many fixes which I had never identified as necessary but I saw none which I hoped for. So I'll stay with v4 as it is.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

50 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Yes, you proved that yours is smudged too, what's your point? You've obviously flown over nothing but photoscenery and become 'blind' to its problems. Someone even linked a thread where they clearly stayed they are investigating the issue. No need to be so sensitive. 

I'm not being sensitive, just realising that I've completely wasted my time with this whole conversation. If you look at any image hard enough, you'll see real or imagined flaws/artifacts. It's called 'pixel peeping', amateur photographers do it all the time. Trying to say it's "smudged" when the far distance is critically sharp is nonsensical. Could there be a LOD demarcation line - sure, I guess, but go back to the original image (not a tiny bit of a crop, on the side of a hill) - there's no way you'd see that if you're flying, on the off chance it's there.  As I've pointed out twice, if it was 'horribly smudged' you wouldn't be seeing fine detail (roads etc) ten miles away. You don't look at objects like trees to judge sharpness, pro-tip they move in the wind.

Do I want LM to continue to improve their orthoscenery rendering - absolutely. But all this catastrophising, suggesting that it's unflyable, is just plain wrong.

I was going to upload some mountain shots, which would actually allow a more thorough assessment, but honestly, not worth the bother.  

Edited by vgbaron
removed insulting comment
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I've been waiting for them to give us back the full screen mode and better AA, but that never happens.

• Upvote 1

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Just now, sleightflight said:

I've been waiting for them to give us back the full screen mode and better AA, but that never happens

Just keep in mind that we aren't the target audience, their professional market is. That market obviously wanted support for vr, so they got it. They come first, we come second. I'd imagine some of those things will be fixed/added in 4.2 or 4.3,4.4, etc.

58 minutes ago, jay851 said:

VR mode doesn't seem to be working with my Oculus Rift.  I changed the view to both VR modes and neither one of them worked.  Anyone else have this problem?

nevermind.  Just had to press the new enable VR mode button at the top.

15 minutes ago, jay851 said:

nevermind.  Just had to press the new enable VR mode button at the top.

Please report back if you are actually getting stable FPS performance in stereo mode......

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Guest JustanotherPilot
42 minutes ago, sleightflight said:

I've been waiting for them to give us back the full screen mode and better AA, but that never happens.

I've been flying around in full screen mode since v4 release(and every version Prepar3D)...am I doing something wrong or have I misunderstood what full screen mode is. By me it's no menu bar at the top(removed by hitting alt + enter together)

Hmm... Here I am, just very very happy to see that we have a x64bit sim, that is constantly being updated and worked on. May not have all the features requested in this update but, it's nice to know we can all look forward to improvements, regardless if large or small. 

• Upvote 3

Sante Sottile

I am waiting for someone to post a you tube video of the rain effect on VC.

If its not good.. I am not updating the client either! :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

I am waiting for someone to post a you tube video of the rain effect on VC.

If its not good.. I am not updating the client either! :)

i can tell that's it's not worth it!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lbt564 said:

i can tell that's it's not worth it!

Ah... ok 

Not anywhere close to FSM eh?  :)

this is an technical update... I hope the 787 does not require this update.. otherwise I would have to update the client.. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

4 minutes ago, Manny said:

Ah... ok 

Not anywhere close to FSM eh?  :)

this is an technical update... I hope the 787 does not require this update.. otherwise I would have to update the client.. 

you mean FSW? no actually fsws rain effect looks great! and the new effect made by TFDI looks amazing!

Will update tomorrow, but very sad to read that there is no significant improvement in AA, dynamic lighting and photoscenery rendering at high LOD.

At least the legacy SP1 Simconnect issue has been fixed so that the workaround using simconnect.cfg for addons such as Lord of the Landing is no longer necessary.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Well as noted by others all a bit underwhelming so unless some must have addon comes along that requires 4.1 I will be giving it a miss.  Before coming to this thread I read through the change list and the further I got the more I got the feeling none of this is of much interest to me.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."