Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

4.1 release notes

I just had a chance to test it for 15 minutes, but VR seems to be MUCH improved, which was for me priority number 1.

You can now use chaseplane to walk inside AND out of the cockpit. Performance is improved, mouse cursor is fixed, and all of that without the need for an external plugin. That means that I can go in and out of VR when I please and get good performance!

Very happy with this upgrade! Way to go LM, keep pushing this technology that is, for sure, the best thing that I have ever experienced in flight simulation!

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

10 hours ago, Manny said:

I am waiting for someone to post a you tube video of the rain effect on VC.

If its not good.. I am not updating the client either! :)

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

To say 4.1 is a huge disappointment is not fair.   I was also hoping for dynamic light and AA improvements which haven't materialised but that doesn't make it a sub-par update.  This is a substantial update list.  It just doesn't have the visual elements some of us were hoping for but that doesn't mean they won't be there in 4.2.

I'm excited about the SDK expansion giving devs the ability to produce more cool stuff.

• Upvote 1

Think I’m going to buy shares in an asid manufacturing company the day before an update comes out.

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

Installed 4.1 not run it yet, hey a step forward from LM in many respects. Keep pushing the envelope and moving forward, since i moved over to P3D from FSXSE i haven't looked back any improvement is a good thing, well done LM.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Release Notes

The Prepar3D v4.1 release brings many exciting changes and enhancements to the platform.

• Added "HideMouseLookCrosshair" config option to disable the cross icon when using mouse look

Where can I find this option? I've looked in my Prepar3D.cfg but was not able finding this option..

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

To say 4.1 is a huge disappointment is not fair.   I was also hoping for dynamic light and AA improvements which haven't materialised but that doesn't make it a sub-par update.  This is a substantial update list.  It just doesn't have the visual elements some of us were hoping for but that doesn't mean they won't be there in 4.2.

I'm excited about the SDK expansion giving devs the ability to produce more cool stuff.

Amen. Not understanding the value of the updates made and the complaining is, uhm, not smart. It's a problem when some people just looking for fancy eye-candy superficialities.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

AA is a problem in DX11 P3D because some models are not compatible with the magnification system within the viewport. Take for example the default B58 (OK) and look at the VC, then load up some other planes and you will see with some models very poor AA in this respect unless moving very close to the instruments. this presents the same problems for FSX DX10.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I think the problem is that this particular update was hyped up. The big hitters in the addon world announced they were holding back releases until 4.1 dropped. This got people hyped and the update couldn't live up to it. 

However, people saying they're disappointed has me shaking my head. Amazing how people quickly forget that 'little' 64Bit update... It's all about perspective. 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

My v4 update timeline depends more on compatibility with existing addons and AI planes than it does about improvements to dynamic lighting, rain effects on the windscreen, or speed trees. That being the case, the release of the FAIB 767 is one marker, but it worries me that AI planes like the FM BAe 146 may not be updated. I don't really understand why the freeware community are so stubborn about updating models when the original author is no longer involved in flight simulation. Asking for permission as a courtesy is entirely correct, but the lack of a response in the long term really shouldn't stop the conversion process in its tracks. I would have thought that crediting the original author when the converted version is released should be good enough in situations like that.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I admit that I was a little overcritical with my recent post. But to say that the update did not met my hopes and expectations should be allowed. I also agree that it is most important that LM continues refining the product. So we can hope that some issues we wished to be solved with 4.1 will be addressed in a later update.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Thank you hi flyer. Much appreciate it. 

Yeah..there is nothing much to see there

Thank you. 

Unless some add on I am interested in forces me to upgrade, I am not.. LM hit it out of the park at 4.0 so that would be hard to match. This is a technical upgrade so Its ok I guess.. I am not complaining. I still love myP3Dv4! Nothing comes close.

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

7 hours ago, tgcbraun said:

I just had a chance to test it for 15 minutes, but VR seems to be MUCH improved, which was for me priority number 1.

You can now use chaseplane to walk inside AND out of the cockpit. Performance is improved, mouse cursor is fixed, and all of that without the need for an external plugin. That means that I can go in and out of VR when I please and get good performance!

Very happy with this upgrade! Way to go LM, keep pushing this technology that is, for sure, the best thing that I have ever experienced in flight simulation!

As in good performance in non stereo VR mode right, because Stereo mode still runs like word not allowed for me

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2