Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

4.1 release notes

18 minutes ago, Lbt564 said:

i can tell that's it's not worth it!

Is it the same effect they had on test in 4.0?

https://streamable.com/rex9t

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

The FSLabs A320 will require 4.1 so if your wanting to fly it your going to have to update to 4.1.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Same horrible VR Stereo Mode performance as v4.0....

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

6 hours ago, B777ER said:

I didn't see anything unless I missed it about the very slow building autogen loading and the well known memory management issue which over a long flight causes a CTD faulting as an ntdll.dll error, especially prevelant on long haul PMDG flights. What a shame...

is it me or have they changed that line in the release change ?? ie.. taken out "pmdg"  

14ppkc-6.png

I didnt see any mention of better multi-thread, multi-cpu support...?

spacer.png

This update has been a big disappointment.

• Upvote 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

16 minutes ago, captain420 said:

How so, brother Aaron?

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Tony747-400 said:

Was really hoping for major Dynamic Lighting improvement. For me this is the weakest part of P3D4.0

Same I was hoping for some improvement with DL.

• Upvote 1

Lets tell LM to quit working on it..... then all disappointments can be done away with and we can go back to FSX and can quit waiting for new stuff. Easy Peazy.

Really tho, I can't figure out why some of you keep on beating your head against a self made imaginary wall. 7 pages of anguish, I learned a long time ago, that I shouldn't try to hit my own thumb with my own hammer, it hurts.

Life can be strange.

• Upvote 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

5 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Lets tell LM to quit working on it..... then all disappointments can be done away with and we can go back to FSX and can quit waiting for new stuff. Easy Peazy.

Really tho, I can't figure out why some of you keep on beating your head against a self made imaginary wall. 7 pages of anguish, I learned a long time ago, that I shouldn't try to hit my own thumb with my own hammer, it hurts.

Life can be strange.

We're human. We like to vent. This is  a therapeutic session for us, it starts the healing process.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

How so, brother Aaron?

I am experiencing a lot of weird bugs:

1) If I save a scenario with the PMDG 737NGX loaded and save it as default Prepard3D will crash on load every single time, the only solution after is to remove the default situation from prepard3d.cfg so the sim load on the default LM sceneario.

2) There is a problem with the Carenado planes Hawker 850XP & Phenom 300, if I select these plane and load the sim all works fine, but if I try to change the plane I will experience a CTD.

3)  Again if I use the Carenado planes mentioned above and attempt to exit the simulator, the sim will CTD.

UPDATE

Just Confirmed that 3&4 is related to Flight1 GTN 750. I will report this tomorrow to F1.

Just to be clear, everything was fine with version 4.0. I need to sleep, so more investigation will be required tomorrow, I am trying to narrow down the issues so I can report them correctly to LM.

At least my Add-on's are working fine, I was expecting things to be the other way around, all OK except my ad-don's but it seems everything turned out to be the quite the opposite!

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
Bug number one has been confirmed related to the PMDG

4 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

I've been flying around in full screen mode since v4 release(and every version Prepar3D)...am I doing something wrong or have I misunderstood what full screen mode is. By me it's no menu bar at the top(removed by hitting alt + enter together)

P3D doesn't and can't run in a real full screen mode: it runs in a borderless windowed mode. So it looks like full screen but it actually is windowed. Now I personally think this is great because I can easily switch to other programs while P3D keeps on running 'full screen', which makes all other programs look like they are pop ups in P3D: I can even keep on controlling the aircraft! I don't really know why some people want a real full screen mode.

10 hours ago, captain420 said:

What a disappointing update. VR? Seriously. They need to get their priorities in order.

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

You already said it. No need to keep repeating it.

• Upvote 2

No one was nice enough to "Like" the OP by Vgbaron. 

Honestly everyone, where were we 5 years ago? 5 months ago? Stuck in the 32 BIT world. This is the first step of many, they have all been working hard to get us the add-ons we love for our sim to be able to enjoy them. As time progresses they will bring more updates to optimize. The first service pack is to clean up old household items and help the developers of 3rd party products be compatible efficiently. Now the tweaking and improvement face begins. But every seriously has to take a chill pill and look forward to the add-ons we have been waiting for for weeks now. 

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Lol .... i'm wondering how may posters here don't even know what most of the changelog points mean but are complaining how a dissapointment this update is :biggrin:

Thats how LM is working: they improve their product mainly deep under the hood where most of us don't even have a clue.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png