Sign in to follow this  
Julkensen

FsLabs a320 released for P3Dv4

4 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Wait, why can't you access their forums or fly the Bus?

A long time ago a certain person did not like the fact that I found around 15 big bugs in their just released fsx product, and that I asked too many questions and had too many opinions. so he banned me and if I cannot access their forums I cannot download files or get support. Got my refund and enjoyed the Queen in fsx instead! I'd love to fly and learn their high quality Airbus again but I'm not giving money to that group after my treatment and him stalking me on avsim. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

OK here is a like for like test.

The hardest hitting FPS gate I know within P3D = Aerosofts EGLL Gate 539, facing all the airport and London. No AI, NO weather.

Setting I use.

serttings.jpg

PMDG NG = Can see in screenshot 36 FPS

NG-36-FPS.jpg

FSL A320 = 32 FPS

32-fps-fsl.jpg

could you try my theory, set the vc texture resolution line in the p3d.cfg to a smaller number then load the fslabs? 1048 to start and move up from there. Because I do not think the PMDG vc textures are 4098 size

3 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

A long time ago a certain person did not like the fact that I found around 15 big bugs in their just released fsx product, and that I asked too many questions and had too many opinions. so he banned me and if I cannot access their forums I cannot download files or get support. Got my refund and enjoyed the Queen in fsx instead! I'd love to fly and learn their high quality Airbus again but I'm not giving money to that group after my treatment and him stalking me on avsim. 

Ouch. I'm sorry about that.

A flight from LEBL to LSGG

Straight v key Screenshots

This one I put FPS so you could see

fps0bd4e.jpg

Random others

wing60739.jpg

b.jpg

fs-1l.jpg

fs-12l.jpg

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

could you try my theory, set the vc texture resolution line in the p3d.cfg to a smaller number then load the fslabs? 1048 to start and move up from there. Because I do not think the PMDG vc textures are 4098 size

They aren't. The option to add 4k VC textures came in 4.1 and they haven't made new ones yet

1 minute ago, Milton Waddams said:

They aren't. The option to add 4k VC textures came in 4.1 and they haven't made new ones yet

Ok then this has to be the reason performance is bad for some people. Everyone is running 4096 vc textures. add some antialiasing and clouds and the cockpit view is going to suffer in performance.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Ouch. I'm sorry about that.

Thanks I'm a Boeing guy but had fun in the short time learning an Airbus. Flying JetBlue routes out of JFK had been great fun.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

Ok then this has to be the reason performance is bad for some people. Everyone is running 4096 vc textures. add some antialiasing and clouds and the cockpit view is going to suffer in performance.

Makes sense, especially with people running insane MSAA or SSAA settings (or even both in some cases).

Just finished the tutorial flight from Vienna to Copenhagen and I've gotta say I'm really impressed. The sounds are incredible. The takeoff roll was awesome with powering down the uneven bumps of the runway. Taxi handling is the best I've seen. Performance (FPS) was great. Certainly no worse than PMDG's offerings.

One thing I've just noticed though. VC Textures were sharp but not '4k' sharp. I just had a look in SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A32X\Texture_VC and while the biggest texture in there is 4096x1024, all other textures are 2048x2048 max. I thought one big feature of the P3D version was 4096 VC textures?

Anyway, it's a small thing. Off to bed now, looking forward to flying her again tomorrow!

• Upvote 5

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Great set of shots, David.

Looking forward to getting mine in the air once the download finishes. Just so glad I opted for the P3D buy even though at the time I never thought I'd go the P3D way.

• Upvote 1

IMO it's neither textures nor MSAA/SSAA. Both don't take much of a GPU-toll, and my 1080TI is actually boring itself, yet I have less than 30fps where I usually have firm 30. I am CPU-limited, not GPU.

Added a ton of new functionality to reduce number of complaints and appease customers, ruins performance and generates mega topics complaining about it:

4a4.gif

28 minutes ago, Ebs said:

Just finished the tutorial flight from Vienna to Copenhagen and I've gotta say I'm really impressed. The sounds are incredible. The takeoff roll was awesome with powering down the uneven bumps of the runway. Taxi handling is the best I've seen. Performance (FPS) was great. Certainly no worse than PMDG's offerings.

One thing I've just noticed though. VC Textures were sharp but not '4k' sharp. I just had a look in SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A32X\Texture_VC and while the biggest texture in there is 4096x1024, all other textures are 2048x2048 max. I thought one big feature of the P3D version was 4096 VC textures?

Anyway, it's a small thing. Off to bed now, looking forward to flying her again tomorrow!

It sort of got mixed up, it was 4k screenshots and originally on first release they were going to be 4096. New VC is like you see 2048.

Yer the Taxiing is like no other. 

When you press a button its like, "O.. word not allowed" it really does somthing!

Thought you would like it Neil :biggrin:

TIP: Turn the PA turn knob on and turn to point around 11 o'clock . You can tune to here PA/cabin if you wish . I tried it in cruse. I turn on the seat belts and the cabin announced

" Due to turbulence the Captain has turned on the seat belts, please take your seats.." crazy stuff :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just ran the P3Dv4 installer but after a re-start, do not see it listed in Select Vehicle. Am I doing something incorrect?