Sign in to follow this  
Julkensen

FsLabs a320 released for P3Dv4

6 hours ago, joemiller said:

PMDG does not (I repeat.. does NOT) develop Aibuses. They only have the skills for Boeings. Airbus is in a totally higher league, which FSL has been the only developer capable (I repeat, capable), of developing an Airbus to the highest standards. 

+1

Yes, I know that if you compare the two (time-wise) products; PMDG 747 and FSLabs A320-X, they're both pretty close model quality wise and system depth.

But in my opinion, there's just something with the sound environment in the FSLabs A320-X which is unbeatable.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Added a ton of new functionality to reduce number of complaints and appease customers, ruins performance and generates mega topics complaining about it:

4a4.gif

Milton.... really.
We are not targeting/blaiming you.  Please don't take all critisizm (and praises) personally.
Some, like me, would like to have a bit more information before I spend $140. That's all.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

9 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

True, doesn't simmarket take like a 20% cut?

Actually, mosts shops are at 30-35% now.

If you look at the European prices, remember to subtract around 20% VAT. So from a 20€ sale in Germany, 19% go to the tax collector, leaving 16,80€, of which the shop then takes 35%, leaving 10,92€ for the developer. From that amount the developer has to pay income tax - depending on your total financial situation this is something between 25 and 50% again. So the net result from that sale is 5-7€.

Best regards.

LORBY-SI

That's why i never buy from SimMarket or similar unless there's no alternative. Always developer first, then the alternatives.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Currently doing my first one in the new version...  Absolutely bloody fantastic.   And coming from old grumpy guts that's something.   It's a winner.

Using 4K,  30hz   Vsync on,  triple buffering on and x4 msaa.   

Egkk was getting 2o to 25 fps

In the air locked at 30

Happy days.  a fantastic product so far 

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

8 hours ago, joemiller said:

PMDG does not (I repeat.. does NOT) develop Aibuses. They only have the skills for Boeings. Airbus is in a totally higher league, which FSL has been the only developer capable (I repeat, capable), of developing an Airbus to the highest standards. 

Didn't know the JS4100 was a Boeing aircraft.  You learn something every day!

Back on topic, yes, it's awesome!!!!  Can't wait for the kids to get to bed tonight so I can fly it again.

Matt Webb

17 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

They add tax to that as well. Ended up being AUD$195 for me, which is why I'm less forgiving of bugs than I usually would be.

I fixed my initialization hang-up with a reinstall, so that's one thing. However, I've now noted that the sim crashes every time I press the space bar to pan around the virtual cockpit!  As noted, this is on a clean install of 4.1, the sim has never crashed over some pretty heavy use since I installed this version. Now with A320, I have the spacebar crash and the VR-selection crash. I think some better beta testing was needed here.

PMDG is just $10 cheaper and PMDG have there share of bugs on new releases! And don't blame FSL for sales tax. Its not there fault! Its a better product then anything PMDG have released. Support also isn't condescending towards the users like the PMDG staff is

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

10 hours ago, Nyxx said:

OK here is a like for like test.

The hardest hitting FPS gate I know within P3D = Aerosofts EGLL Gate 539, facing all the airport and London. No AI, NO weather.

Setting I use.

serttings.jpg

PMDG NG = Can see in screenshot 36 FPS

NG-36-FPS.jpg

FSL A320 = 32 FPS

32-fps-fsl.jpg

The PMDG 737 is what 7-8 years old and is no where near as complex as the FSLA320. So you can't really compare the two and frames.  Apples & Oranges

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

8 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Support also isn't condescending towards the users like the PMDG staff is

lol, thats a good one....

Just now, Woozie said:

Go look in the PMDG forums!

• Upvote 2

Pete Richards

1 hour ago, tooting said:

Currently doing my first one in the new version...  Absolutely bloody fantastic.   And coming from old grumpy guts that's something.   It's a winner.

Using 4K,  30hz   Vsync on,  triple buffering on and x4 msaa.   

Egkk was getting 2o to 25 fps

In the air locked at 30

Happy days.  a fantastic product so far 

Yes Pete....you are a grumpy guts. Sometimes. So am I.:laugh:

I've got to agree with your praise - my first take off from EGCC - with four speakers up in the 'Window Rattling Mode' (tm) on the take off run - made me drop my jaw. Fantastic.

If I was using ButtKicker, I'd need to install it on a commode....:blush:

What a really magnificent achievement for the FSL team. Well done.

Do yourselves a favour - turn your audio system up a notch when flying this bird. (..but remember that CRM is essential if she moans about the volume)....

My system is not that 'top notch'. but I am very happy. No complaints so far.

My install was also iffy - when I updated to v4.1 I forgot that 'Run as Admin' on the shortcut & the exec. Once I'd unclicked it in 'Addons' - ran v4.1 once - then rebooted and ticked it in Addons again - changed to 'Run as Admin' - up it came.

For those doubters re the cost and FPs - go for it.

Regards

Here I am adding to an already long and winding thread...

I was having some issues and my solutions might help some folks.

I had a wonderful 1st flight followed by no ability to run the Airbus a second time. I uninstalled and reinstalled and looked at the FSL site and fumbled around with no dice falling my way.

Here's what's I did:

I added the P3Dv4 add-on folder and P3Dv4 files folder to my Windows Defender exclusion list. These were not previously excluded because the add-on folder is pretty new  (with P3Dv4) and I just never thought to do it. The other may or may not have been excluded.

I disabled Microsoft Defender during my reinstallation.

Windows Defender turned back on.

Now, it works. Further, the Runways.bin file build, which used to run every time I started the A320X back in the P3Dv3 days, only ran the 1st time.

I read the installation guide and actually followed it. Imagine that.

Bottom line: Exclude all directories which P3D and the A320X use and run the installer with the Defender disabled.

Hope this is useful.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I'm using the. "," key to turn on the tiller for taxiing which is working.  I selected it to sticky and clicked on warning text so to remind me in.the sim but the message txt is not showing??  Any ideas 

Also is there a way to reset the pa's on the ground when on the turnaround so they play the safety demo again. on the return second sector? 

14ppkc-6.png

Morning Pete,

The PA's should all reset on the ground automatically, providing you open any of the cabin doors and shut down the engines. You also need to have the FMGS in PRE-FLIGHT phase, which will be triggered as soon as you enter a new route on the INIT A page.

For the warning text - yes, there's an issue there. I've fixed it for the next build we're working on. Thanks.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

yep  agree  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg