Sign in to follow this  
colz99

P3Dv4 I think some of my cockpit lights are missing

Hey there, 

I just started noticing this yesterday while doing a night flight, but main panel brightness switch does not turn on everything it should turn on anymore. For example my flaps indicator or the autobrake switch is left completely dark. Is there a setting in the sim which could cause this?

Regards

It is a know issue. Happens after approximately 2 hours of flight and as far as we know is due to a LM bug which is fixed on the next version of P3dV4.

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

10 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

It is a know issue. Happens after approximately 2 hours of flight and as far as we know is due to a LM bug which is fixed on the next version of P3dV4.

Oh well, I think it is since starting the flight, but if it's gonna get fixed then everything's good :D

45 minutes ago, colz99 said:

Oh well, I think it is since starting the flight, but if it's gonna get fixed then everything's good :D

Not everyone but many other people, including myself, have this problem. In my case part of the background textures turn white at night apart from the light issue.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I too have this issue and was going to create a post.  Glad I searched first.  I think mine starts immediately, not after 2 hours.

Steve G.

Steve Giblin

I just came across this. Is this the issue you guys are talking about? I have never experienced this before on the NGX, must be something related to the 4.1 version of P3D as I never had anything like this earlier. Now, 4 hours into the flight it happened.

MtxVc9Y.jpg

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I have noticed this too, not sure if it was after a night flight on dawn, or in full daylight...

Any case it was hours into the flight.

17 hours ago, kityatyi said:

I just came across this. Is this the issue you guys are talking about? I have never experienced this before on the NGX, must be something related to the 4.1 version of P3D as I never had anything like this earlier. Now, 4 hours into the flight it happened.

That sky looks quite...modified. Using any tools that mess with shaders, or otherwise modify the very thing that we have to interface with to, ya know...create and work with lighting...?

Kyle Rodgers

On 20/12/2017 at 0:03 PM, scandinavian13 said:

That sky looks quite...modified. Using any tools that mess with shaders, or otherwise modify the very thing that we have to interface with to, ya know...create and work with lighting...?

PTA tool with the last/latest Thopat preset. Nothing else that modifies shaders.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

...and there's your answer.

I would be happy to accept this as the reason but I have been using the tool for ages and this is the second time it happened. First, a couple of months ago on the FSLabs A320 and now using the NGX. Not on any other occasion. I have to add though that I haven't touched the NGX for almost a year. But I have been raping the 747 and the 777 on a daily basis, doing flights often over 10 hours and no such issue. Is it possible that the NGX for some reason is more vulnerable to this missing texture syndrome? 

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Just now, kityatyi said:

I would be happy to accept this as the reason but I have been using the tool for ages and this is the second time it happened. First, a couple of months ago on the FSLabs A320 and now using the NGX. Not on any other occasion. I have to add though that I haven't touched the NGX for almost a year. But I have been raping the 747 and the 777 on a daily basis, doing flights often over 10 hours and no such issue. Is it possible that the NGX for some reason is more vulnerable to this missing texture syndrome? 

If it were, then it would be wide-scale. It is not.

Your argument here is essentially the following:

"Hi, the lights on my car are not working."
Have you installed aftermarket headlights, sidemarkers, or taillights?
"Yes."
There's your answer.
"Are you sure your cars aren't subject to some sort of electrical issue?"
...yes, totally. Wide spread issues not at all due to the rampant use of non-DOT approved, questionable quality, lighting.

This is especially so since you have it on multiple aircraft. Let's be logical here. You're using a tool that modifies shaders (the lighting) in the sim. It's affecting multiple aircraft. It's not going to be a problem with the aircraft. Rather, you're going to find the issue with the oh-so-cool tool you're using to mod the sim outside of the parameters the sim is really meant to be modded. Does PTA work? I guess so. Is it a supported mod by LM, or guaranteed by most add-on devs? Nope.

So...lighting issue, after using a tool that mods lighting, and you're going to blame us? Come now...

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

So...lighting issue, after using a tool that mods lighting, and you're going to blame us? Come now...

Blame? I came for help, not to blame anyone. Thanks for the support.

• Upvote 2

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

If you have a lot of addons added via the xml method texture corruption will occur. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

4 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

If you have a lot of addons added via the xml method texture corruption will occur. 

Interesting, I have over 80 addons added with the xml method with no problem.  There is a problem when you have a large number of separate add-on.xml files that I've seen mentioned in other forums but there is no limit to how many addon components you can add to a single add-on.xml file.

I don't think has anything to do with the PTA problem discussed in this thread.

Dan Downs KCRP