scottb613

WX Advantage Radar for P3Dv4.1 available

Recommended Posts

Hi Folks,

Working on my upgrade to v4 - the Wx Radar isn't installed in a P3D directory - so how do I get it working in v4 ??? 

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Scott,

It seem it's not yet officially supported, i.e. migrated to v4. (ignore if you were aware of this)
I am waiting for Milviz' official green light to get it.

Best Regards
Frank
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Frank,

Arrgh - no - wasn't aware - thanks for the enlightenment... I had looked on the MilViz support forum - they seem to defer all Wx Radar issues to REX...

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post

We are working on it.  We are having some issues with P3Dv4.  We are hoping to have it very soon.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

im sorry if this is not thew correct place to post it, but im just a newbie in this forums things, i´ve been having some problems with REX, i have  REX essential+overdrive and use it for P3Dv4, no issues at all, i use the weathr engine without any issue all perfect... then i decidesd to spend my salary on several ORBX products, more specific: base pack, OLC, and vector, after installing all those ORBX products, REX weather engine stopped injecting weather into the sim, i notice that Orbex installed some weather themes i wonder if the prblem is related with that?... each time i load Rex weather enging it opens the sim himself (how normal)but he not load the weather into the sim anymore... i tryed find answers on the web but noting clear so far.. if anybody have had the same issue maybe can share his solution! thank you very much for your help!

Share this post


Link to post

Start up your wx radar updater and install. Works fine here

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Really?  I bought this at the FlightSimStore and so far no new version yet.  I guess I have to wait.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/10/2017 at 5:01 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Working on my upgrade to v4 - the Wx Radar isn't installed in a P3D directory - so how do I get it working in v4 ??? 

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott, 

We have just released it. 

Enjoy!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, it's ready. We have yet to update our website with the news.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Just got it. How do I make it smaller in the panel,cfg, it's a bit big for me.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, johnbla said:

Just got it. How do I make it smaller in the panel,cfg, it's a bit big for me.

Thanks

Try this.

[WindowXX]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=419,381
window_size_ratio=1.000 
position=0
visible=0
ident=71
sizeable=1
window_size = 0.218,0.335
window_pos= 0.000, 0.650

gauge00=MV_WX!WX2D,  0,0,419,381,1
gauge01=MV_WX!WX,  64,121,291,205,1
 

Original size   window_size = 0.343511450381679,0.556719107690809
Resized          window_size = 0.218,0.335

Spoiler

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Downloaded the file from Simmarket, installed it, and the only choice given by the installation tool is P3Dv3, rather than P3Dv4, even though Simmarket emailed news of the update. What am I missing?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm exactly the same, fresh installer from Simmarket and only for P3Dv3?

When click to WX Advantage Radar - Updater, then result - no updates available!

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, timest said:

Hi Scott, 

We have just released it. 

Enjoy!

Hi Tim,

Thanks so much - for the port and the notification... I sorely missed that superb little gauge since moving to v4... Appreciate all you do... I'll test it out this weekend when I get in...

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, timest said:

Hi Scott, 

We have just released it. 

Enjoy!

Hi Tim,

One follow up - I've made the request multiple times at Carenado/Alabeo - would you have a means of communication open to possibly offer them assistance implementing your gauge in their products - a push from your direction ??? I'd love to see the full 3D implementation in more of the aircraft I fly... It would make a superb replacement for that awful Avadyne unit they love putting in almost all of their products...

Regards,
Scott

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is there a list somewhere of the aircraft that support this as an integration into the virtual cockpit?  I’ve been tempted to buy this but I have no interest in using a 2d pop up panel.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Is there a list somewhere of the aircraft that support this as an integration into the virtual cockpit?

Yes there is, but it's not been updated for a while:

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/39736-wx-advantage-radar-3rd-party-aircraft-announcements/

For example several Milviz aircraft support this Weather Radar (Beavers and Otter and C310) ... the integrated control adjustments are also available to GIT (GoFlight Interface Tool) so you can map the controls to GoFlight modules.

Don't recall the option being available for the TFDi 717?  Perhaps I missed it?

But the list does need to be updated since June 2016.

Cheers, Rob.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

For VC integration of a radar gauge check out Roland's gauge which is freeware and is relatively easy to integrate into a variety of P3d aircraft:

it works in P3d4 with various Hifi products,  like for example ASN.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, eke_flx said:

I'm exactly the same, fresh installer from Simmarket and only for P3Dv3?

When click to WX Advantage Radar - Updater, then result - no updates available!

We sent the files yesterday.  I would give them 24 hours to get it running.  Otherwise, you can download the latest update which backward compatible at:  https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46256-wx-advantage-radar-build-1120171207/

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

Downloaded the file from Simmarket, installed it, and the only choice given by the installation tool is P3Dv3, rather than P3Dv4, even though Simmarket emailed news of the update. What am I missing?

I don't think they have the files up yet.  But you can get the backward compatible version at this link:  https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46256-wx-advantage-radar-build-1120171207/

Also, the Updater application associated with the WX will allow you to update to the latest full build.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:13 PM, Luis Felipe Pech Pacheco said:

im sorry if this is not thew correct place to post it, but im just a newbie in this forums things, i´ve been having some problems with REX, i have  REX essential+overdrive and use it for P3Dv4, no issues at all, i use the weathr engine without any issue all perfect... then i decidesd to spend my salary on several ORBX products, more specific: base pack, OLC, and vector, after installing all those ORBX products, REX weather engine stopped injecting weather into the sim, i notice that Orbex installed some weather themes i wonder if the prblem is related with that?... each time i load Rex weather enging it opens the sim himself (how normal)but he not load the weather into the sim anymore... i tryed find answers on the web but noting clear so far.. if anybody have had the same issue maybe can share his solution! thank you very much for your help!

Please accept my apologies for the late reply, but we recommend that if you have a REX support issue, please contact us at:  http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums   We will be happy to assist you there then take up space at Avsim.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now