pots

XP Public VR is out!

X-Plane 11.20vr1 (public beta) is released! After short flight with Cessna 172 - everything seems to be working, scenery is very smooth.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ive been awaiting my oculus at Christmas, and was wondering if they would release it at Christmas as a treat! well done laminar! cant wait to try it out

Have been testing the Private Beta for a while. It has some glitches, but the interaction with the cockpit controles using the default Touch Controls is amazing! It is really an astonishing experience!

Any guidance on how to activate it? I downloaded the beta. When I put on my googles I get the oculus home screen.

Thanks

Best part of this is quickly moving around the airport. However, I have Oculus - what is the way to manipulate the switches, buttons, etc.? I get the menu items and accessing them but so far I haven't figured how to manipulate the switches or anything in the cockpit.Neither the trigger or A work except with the small IPAD the trigger does work on there.

What planes are you using? Try it with the default C172, for example. If you have the Touch Controls, all the knobs/switches are interactable.. 

FPS is way worst than FlyInside at comparable settings. Disappointing so far. Best part of it is just wandering around the scenery though. 

So far no one has even approached Aerofly in their implementation of VR in clarity, FPS, ease of use etc.

After the update I lost the EFIS displays in the Gulfstream IV and the displays in the Challenger 300 are messed up.  Any ideas?

5 hours ago, Colonel X said:

And the quest for 45 FPS is all but ON!!!

I order to get a solid 45 in VR, I have to do 70 without VR. LOL. Fortunately it is easily doable. Not maxed out, but I didn't have to make any changes from what I normally run.