Sign in to follow this  
pmb

REX Skyforce manual available/release imminent

1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

I read the manual, but not a word about a networked/remote installation like AS16.
Did they say anything about that yet?

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Deng! That was my disappointment after a glace through the manual, too. No mention of networking at all. While former REX products did work from a client, this doesn't seem to apply to Skyforce. This may be irrelevant for the texture engine, but the weather engine would be nice to have networked to free resources from the main machine.

It's also inconvenient to have the weather display (looking quite nice from the manual) active on the main screen.

When using AS2016, I have it networked with the weather display on the laptop all the time. 

Kind regards, Michael

There is a mention of network usage in General Settings/General which is on page 60.

What they say is making me think that this is going to be a game-changer application. However once again, as usual with REX products there is a lot of unnecessary options to think about, which is making the software complicated for me.

• Upvote 2

Ahmet Can

Thanks Ahmet,

I made a search through the pdf but this obviously is an imbedded image. This is definitely good news.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Read it all.

daveCT2003 who is a beta testing said..well he was under DNA. Without going out of that DNA implied this was something special, given he cannot say anything, personally I think that was a big hint this is something we have not seen before. He has no reason to plug it if he felt it was nothing special.

Also why I hope this is a sim changers is this screenshot. Look at the amount of "models" (lower right corner) being loading for use and that's with not all options active. Thats a far cry from what we all use now.

REX8ce82.jpg

I would want to have all options ON, I wonder how many models it would load than?

But until we can install it we just cannot tell how good it will be.

I feel we will not have to go into all the themes etc unless the user wants to. But whos knows!

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Read it all.

daveCT2003 who is a beta testing said..well he was under DNA. Without going out of that DNA implied this was something special, given he cannot say anything, personally I think that was a big hint this is something we have not seen before. He has no reason to plug it if he felt it was nothing special.

Also why I hope this is a sim changers is this screenshot. Look at the amount of "models" (lower right corner) being loading for use and that's with not all options active. Thats a far cry from what we all use now.

REX8ce82.jpg

I would want to have all options ON, I wonder how many models it would load than?

I feel we will not have to go into all the themes etc unless the user wants to. But whos knows!

Who cares if it has 1500 cloud models or 10,000. We shouldnt be fooling around with themes anymore. Everything should be done on the fly dynamically as the weather changes.  Thats how ASCA and the AS16 dynamic usage works. The way I like it. Never have to go into ASCA. Just present the wx as it should without my intervention. 

On a side note, its kinda weird that the NDA hasnt been lifted when release is imminent in the next day or so. No new videos to tease and what not. 

Edited by HighTowers
  • Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Read it all.

What I cant fully understand is if some of this options are off, how am I supposed to have the models and textures in the sim replicating the real weather? To my understanding if you say "you ll have cloud models in real time when you turn 'Enable real-time 3D cloud model (structures) sync mode and texture sync' option on" it means I dont need to install any additional model or texture or whatsoever because the application should have installed them already to make all models available. Obviously I am missing something here... 

Ahmet Can

3 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Who cares if it has 1500 cloud models or 10,000. We shouldnt be fooling around with themes anymore. Everything should be done on the fly dynamically as the weather changes.  Thats how ASCA and the AS16 dynamic usage works. The way I like it. Never have to go into ASCA. Just present the wx as it should without my intervention. 

On a side note, its kinda weird that the NDA hasnt been lifted when release is imminent in the next day or so. No new videos to tease and what not. 

why worry  about  rex  if  your happy  what you have  got, sure  there  are  many  that are  interested

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

11 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Who or what says you have to fool around? Did you read the manual? it said you can just fire it up and go?

I use ASv4/ASCA with REX soft clouds and love it. But I want to see if this takes my sim to a new level. I will buy day one and like others will report on here how we find it. Others will wait and see them reports before doing anything.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

why worry  about  rex  if  your happy  what you have  got, sure  there  are  many  that are  interested

True, Pete; however, I do find it comical that some are already investigating ways to dump AS2016.  In the last decade, when has a REX delivered a product (not textures) that lived up to their marketing hype machine? 

WX ADVANTAGE RADAR
WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS HD
WEATHER ARCHITECT
SIMAR
LATITUDE
OVERDRIVE  

No doubt some of these products are solid entries; however, none are 'game changers' as professed by their hyperbole marketers.  To that point, I'll wait until SkyForce is actually released before tossing a AS2016 aside.  Seriously, why does REX invoke this much confidence?  They have yet to deliver a product (not textures) that lives up to their zealous claims....

• Upvote 1

Matt King

9 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Im happy with AS16, but ASCA textures are sufficient but I often see repeats and spinning clouds at certain angles.  If this brings something different and better then Im curious to see. 

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Who or what says you have to fool around? Did you read the manual? it said you can just fire it up and go?

I understand that. But some people have expressed concern over the amount of models and having to deal with the options, themes like we used to do it. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

16 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

True, Pete; however, I do find it comical that some are already investigating ways to dump AS2016.  In the last decade, when has a REX delivered a product (not textures) that lived up to their marking hype machine? 

WX ADVANTAGE RADAR
WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS HD
WEATHER ARCHITECT
SIMAR
LATITUDE
OVERDRIVE  

No doubt some of these products are solid entries; however, none are 'game changers' as professed by their hyperbole marketers.  To that point, I'll wait until SkyForce is actually released before tossing a AS2016 aside.  Seriously, why does REX invoke this much confidence?  They have yet to deliver a product (not textures) that lives up to their zealous claims....

have  to wait  and  see   when it  comes  out  and  if  you  have  read the manual  you can keep  any weather  engine  you have got

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

22 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Everything should be done on the fly dynamically as the weather changes.  Thats how ASCA and the AS16 dynamic usage works. The way I like it. Never have to go into ASCA. Just present the wx as it should without my intervention. 

That's precisely my view as well. Although impressive, I'm not concerned with how many themes and models there are. Although I have a basic understanding of weather, 'm not a meteorologist.  If I'm doing a 10 hour flight and fly through varying climate and weather zones, I want Skyforce to present the appropriate cloud model and weather simulation throughout the flight based on its interpretation of what is appropriate - and NOT on a selection of clouds that I have decided 'look nice'.  It's not a chocolate shop. This is a weather application based on scientific principles and I'd like them to be applied without my hack knowledge of weather.  If it does that, super.

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

True, Pete; however, I do find it comical that some are already investigating ways to dump AS2016.  In the last decade, when has a REX delivered a product (not textures) that lived up to their marketing hype machine? 

WX ADVANTAGE RADAR
WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS HD
WEATHER ARCHITECT
SIMAR
LATITUDE
OVERDRIVE  

The people who have been around here a long time will remember when REX weather engine was the one most of us used until OPUS came out and then now AS. Each one bought new and better weather engines. So hopefully after 3 years they "might" have given us the next step.

So REX was once "the" weather engine and REX soft clouds imo are still the best low level clouds but that one is personal taste.

Will this be the new weather engine to use? who knows, let's wait and see and if anyone is in any doubt then wait and read the reports first and see if REX have waisted 3 years.

But I Am prepared to give it a go and hope for the best.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The people who have been around here a long time will remember when REX weather engine was the one most of us used until OPUS came out and then now AS. Each one bought new and better weather engines. So hopefully after 3 years they "might" have given us the next step.

So REX was once "the" weather engine and REX soft clouds imo are still the best low level clouds but that one is personal taste.

Will this be the new weather engine to use? who knows, let's wait and see and if anyone is in any doubt then wait and read the reports first.

I have to disagree with you, David.  HiFi has been the go to wx engine since AS6.5, which was released over a decade ago.  REX came after HiFi and their wx engines were plagued by terrible load times and update methodologies.  REX became the goto for textures; however, there was never a time when they dominated the weather engine market.  

• Upvote 3

Matt King

27 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I use ASv4/ASCA with REX soft clouds and love it. But I want to see if this takes my sim to a new level. I will buy day one and like others will report on here how we find it. Others will wait and see them reports before doing anything.

thats  the issue   dave  users  dont  read  the  manual  on what  you  cant  do  or  what  it  can  do, 

• Upvote 2

Peter kelberg

15 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

thats  the issue   dave  users  dont  read  the  manual  on what  you  cant  do  or  what  it  can  do, 

As someone else noted, there are so many options to get your head around with this application, that it sometimes becomes murky(even with the manual)  as to what is/isn't possible.  I think this is going to be a pretty amazing experience once released and when everyone's angst settles.  

How many of you are going storm hunting?

• Upvote 1