Sign in to follow this  
pmb

REX Skyforce manual available/release imminent

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

What exactly do you mean by 'fishy'??? 
Are you seriously suggesting, that there's something wrong here?!

Slick marketing BUT no videos for over a year to demonstrate the capabilities. Why not?

Release imminent? I guess we'll find out quick just what it can do.

I don't trust the marketing and certainly won't be spending any money on it until some user reviews / YouTube videos appear.

I really hope it is revolutionary but I have my doubts given the lack of videos.

Just doesn't smell right to me. I hope I'm wrong.

Matthew S

Guys, lighten up a bit. Although this thread is a prime example of why many dev's don't announce much until the product is ready, this is the way REX has aways done it. Nothing "fishy" - it's product placement, marketing hype, gets the juices flowing and develops a ton of interest - that's what all this is designed to do.

However, the product has to live up to the hype and, as yet, other than a few cryptic comments by people under a NDA and promo video going back to August 2016 (IIRC) - there is nothing to complain about product wise.

The real test will come when the product is in the hands of the masses and you start getting legit feedback.

So, in all fairness, let's keep the comments on real data.

Vic

• Upvote 8

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm ready to replace my ASCA/ASP4 with this the moment is out. I understand many people feel uncertain if this will satisfy the anticipation and I won't pretend I'm 100% that it will. However, I believe the risk it won't is small and the reason is simple for me.

REX is a big name in the FS arena and not a new company. Then, the claim that they make is bold. It does not leave space for misinterpretations. I don't agree that their previous add-ons made such claims of game changing technology. There was marketing involved of course as in any new product, but here the statements are specific on their website.

In that respect, I can understand that the lack of videos is due to NDA reasons.

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

36 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Donald Sutherland is so cool in that movie.

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Before this thread gets closed. I would share something about my understanding.

After reading the manual, if I understand this right.

For users want to use SF3D with ASP4 (without using the weather engine of SF3D). It works similar to the previous product line method, "the theme picking" method. You install the textures models, themes into the sim, then close the SF3D and open the ASP4 to use its weather engine. At this time ASP4 will utilize the textures REX has installed into the sim, and ASP4 will only interact with the sim, there is neither communication nor interaction occurred between SF3D and ASP4. This is pretty much how we are using REX OD(REX4 TD) + ASP4 now. So it is absolutely compatible with other weather addons. Because they don't conflict with each other, SF3D is only served as a textures replacement addon.

REX SF3D >>>(INSTALL TEXTURES/MODELS TO)>>>Prepar3D<<<(USE TEXTURES/MODELS OF SF3D)<<<HiFi's Active Sky.

(Please correct me if I am wrong Reed.)

I think the weather simulation is the selling point of SF3D. Because it's an integrated system that designed to work with 3D models of SF3D. Therefore if you want to use SF3D with the best experience from the perceptive of its design. You have to use the integrated weather engines come with SF3D.

Furthermore, I think it's unfair that people are asking SF3D to work with ASP4 without compromising any of its features. Please remember REX and HiFi are different companies, the developers of REX can only recommend the users to use REX products as a whole because they know the best of their products, these guys do not develop Active Sky. The manual clearly states which feature requires the weather engine of SF3D enabled and it was written into a table format. It's the user's responsibilities to check it out.

To clear the confusion, I would like to say that the above content of my post is just a speculation, it does not have any correlation with the instruction to use REX SF3D.  

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

So where is it already. Talk about dragging out a release. Bloody hell

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Harvgordon said:

For users want to use SF3D with ASP4 (without using the weather engine of SF3D). It works similar to the previous product line method, "the theme picking" method. You install the textures models, themes into the sim, then close the SF3D and open the ASP4 to use its weather engine.

No. REX have said that it can inject cloud textures or structures (i forgot which) even when using a rival weather engine. You just need to have sky force running in the background and tick some option I can't remember the name of. I am guessing sky force is reading similar metar info and using it independently.

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

So where is it already. Talk about dragging out a release. Bloody hell

Em.... REX are in phx Arizona and I am guessing they didn't wake up early just to do the release. :)

It will come.

I also don't get rhe fishy part. It is normal how they do it. #hype

• Upvote 1

Victor Roos

41 minutes ago, Harvgordon said:

Before this thread gets closed. I would share something about my understanding.

After reading the manual, if I understand this right.

For users want to use SF3D with ASP4 (without using the weather engine of SF3D). It works similar to the previous product line method, "the theme picking" method. You install the textures models, themes into the sim, then close the SF3D 

Wrong, read the manual again.:biggrin:

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Noone  is forcing anyone to buy it.if you think it's fishy,or the REX team are liars,Don't buy it.This Sniping from rival software users has been going on since i started simming.all the flightsim companies suffer with it not just REX.

As for me i will be a day one customer and have no worries about buying Skyforce.for what it will cost i will get 1000's of hours of enjoyment out of it.and i hope it's a great success for them.

steve

• Upvote 2

ok, I think nothing new will come from this one so I am closing it down.

Upon it's release, I have no doubt there will be a  slew of posts informing us of it's good and bad points.

Until then.........  :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors