Sign in to follow this  
pmb

REX Skyforce manual available/release imminent

According to the REX facebook page

https://de-de.facebook.com/REXSimulations/ 

the release of REX Skyforce can be expected within the next day. The manual is already available and can be downloaded from the link given on their facebook page.

From a first glance, I would call the manual well-written and structured. We'll see if the same applies to the program.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Curious. ..u have AS16 WITH SOFT clouds and rex textures direct andso not in the market for a replacement but will have a look. ..

spacer.png

Thanks for the info. I'll be watching this closely. 

I read their website and learned this is a complete replacement for AS16 etc. I thought it was just a replacement for the clouds. Very cool.

...or not.

Reading the manual the weather engine is not included. They are referencing 'Rex weather engine', which I'm not familiar with.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Looking forward to this. In case I missed something, I don't see a claim that is being released tomorrow. Any idea where is this information?

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

37 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

...Reading the manual the weather engine is not included. They are referencing 'Rex weather engine', which I'm not familiar with.

The first two features listed on page one of the manual states  SKY FORCE 3D IS
THE FOLLOWING:

• 3D Cloud Model Structures, based on
real-world cloud classification

• Intelligent Weather Engine with Real-Time
Weather and Cloud Model Synchronization

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

Thanks for the heads up - a very comprehensive pre-read indeed! Also nice to know it integrates with existing weather engines.

This is really cool:

The real-time sync mode of Sky Force is more tied to certain key weather conditions. For example, other 3rd-party weather engines may read a thunderstorm at an airport and then display that via the flight simulator injected weather. To that weather engine a thunderstorm is a thunderstorm, nothing more.
Utilizing real-time model data and our weather engine we can generate weather at a whole new level. From this data, we can determine the atmosphere’s stability. This allows Sky Force to sync the correct 3D cloud models and weather to generate the proper thunderstorm structures.
The beauty of Sky Force is that you can still receive the benefit of close to realworld cloud classification and key weather elements even without the use of the REX weather engine being enabled.
For example, if the weather conditions report a wall cloud or funnel cloud, then Real-Time Sync Mode will automatically inject the models that support those conditions while you are sim – no matter which weather engine you use.

Good news. I wish the REX team success with Skyforce 3D.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

So what’s the general consensus on what weather engine to use? I noticed almost all of the global cloud rendering systems, like Cirrus and cumulus, require it as well as most of the turbulence settings.

As it does not work (Weather Engine ) with PMDG weather radar, I will stick with As2016. Be interesting how the clouds look though, once most have tried it out.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I'm particularly looking forward to the frame rate improvement in dense cloud settings. Wish they'd lift the NDA to the beta team to learn if Skyforce 3D improves framerates when tied to Active Sky as weather engine.

Enrique Vaamonde

Reading the manual it looks like a mahjor step up from AS.

Hope the proof is in the pudding and it lives up to the screenshots and hype.

Darren Howie

If the weather is shown in a much more accurate way with the REX weather engine it may be very hard to use Activesky weather engine just for the sole purpose of PMDG wx ND display.

• Upvote 3

Eric 

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

If the weather is shown in a much more accurate way with the REX weather engine it may be very hard to use Activesky weather engine just for the sole purpose of PMDG wx ND display.

Agreed... wondering if there's some way to have AS16 open, but just 'on standby' and not injecting any weather? The AS16 module relays weather data which is presented in FSX/P3D to PMDG's weather radar system... but it requires AS16 to be open - just having the module running and loaded as part of the sim, doesn't cut it. 

If it was somehow possible to have AS16 running but not doing anything - the module would relay the weather in FSX/P3D from the REX weather engine to PMDG's weather system. But alas, I can't find anywhere in AS16 to shut if off, and not injecting weather... and having two weather engines fighting is just a recipe for disaster.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471