Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

CaptainSim 757 Released!

Hmmmm, I don’t know how to feel. On one hand, it’s nice to have a 757 for v4 but on the other hand what if Level-D release theirs in the near future that is better? We will have spend $75 dollars only to spend whatever Level-D are planning to charge for theirs. I think I’ll hold off for a bit until it’s had a bit of time to settle.

• Upvote 1

@Wise87

So are you flying a rnav STAR to Minnie?  Did it load ok?  How's the sounds/ hand flying?  Fps/performance?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just got removed from their store. Apparently server issues as per the FB post. Supposed to be back on ASAP.

High demand or poor planning on the server implementation for release

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Just now, mikea76 said:

When did FSL do a paid beta?

He’s referencing their initial early adopter release that they had to test the installers and catch show-stopping bugs.

1 minute ago, Milton Waddams said:

He’s referencing their initial early adopter release that they had to test the installers and catch show-stopping bugs.

I was one of those early adopters..... and that's a stretch to call it a paid beta, that was a fully functional product, and it was only a couple of days until general release

• Upvote 2

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

@Wise87

So are you flying a rnav STAR to Minnie?  Did it load ok?  How's the sounds/ hand flying?  Fps/performance?

I am flying the VARNM2 RESPE off of 26L.  The FP loaded ok from my FlightPlan file and it files the VNAV and LNAV great so far. Framerate are holding steady for me but I also run at 30hz. Just made it to FL380 and cruising along. I know for sure there are more bugs to find but initial use is just ok so far.  

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

7 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

I mean let’s be honest here, did anyone really expect there to be THIS much demand for a CaptainSim product on release?:biggrin:

5 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Just got removed from their store. Apparently server issues as per the FB post. Supposed to be back on ASAP.

There server did suck. I have 1 gig connection and it took me an hour for the 200+ mb download.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I am flying the VARNM2 RESPE off of 26L.  The FP loaded ok from my FlightPlan file and it files the VNAV and LNAV great so far. Framerate are holding steady for me but I also run at 30hz. Just made it to FL380 and cruising along. I know for sure there are more bugs to find but initial use is just ok so far.  

What flightplanner did you use? 

7 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Good to have your feedback Dan, please keep it coming and some hi res screenshots would be nice if you have the time. 

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

26 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm pretty cheap

But is the price really thaat bad?

youll pay almost fifty bucks for a Carenado bizjet. (Ex E55P with navigraph)

and pmdg's 777 for P3D costs 165 bucks (with the -300)

If it's got most systems that simmers are going to use with FMS and navigraph I think it's fair. They tell you it's a beta right there.  Most airliners for P3D aren't cheap.  And yeah in the past CS was eye candy only but every reply so far is speculation- maybe CS has really upped their game?

Someone be the guinea pig LOL

Fair enough, but i'll only get it, if it is a genuine study level aircraft (or dam close to it). Then it will be worth it.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

7 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

What flightplanner did you use? 

LOL, I'm lazy and still use FSBuild to export my FP.

Dan

Seeing a lot of fudge on this thread. I'm in it at LDDU and so far what I'm seeing I really like. From the systems to the cockpit, beautiful cabin and seating with 'entertainment' system all very nice. The outside model is beautiful as well. It will be a while before I take it into the air because I'm still testing some things out but I love it. I also had the 727 and 777 with Captn Sim.

If she flies with the FMC and autoland's that will be something else.

Cost? I paid $190 Canadian for the FSLabs A320. Several hundred for PMDG's 777, 737, 747 and the additional monies for the variants. If it runs well with the systems then the price with the variants will have been worth it as it would still run less than FSLabs. But we shall see as I'm programming the FMC as I speak.

UPDATE

Airac cycle up to date with Navigraph. Set up up flight with SimBrief saved in P3D format. Loaded up in FMC. Then got clearance for rwy and programmed SIDs and Stars for the flight. The InitRef page you can load up the planes data re weight, fuel etc. Everything you want is there in an FMC.

I'll have to set up GSX as the equipment doesn't line up.

The interior of the cabin is beautiful. In fact you can pull out your serving tray. The text is clean and clear behind the seats - 'Life vest...." etc. You can take several of the preset for seats,  go in the AFT gallery, etc.

Like those sounds of that 757 engine! Got her up. Handles well. Following the flight path on the FMC beautifully.  The beautiful cabin and different seating just adds a great ambience to this plane.

Weather radar working.

So far I'm very happy with this plane!

• Upvote 4

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

2 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Seeing a lot of fudge on this thread. I'm in it at LDDU and so far what I'm seeing I really like. From the systems to the cockpit, beautiful cabin and seating with 'entertainment' system all very nice. The outside model is beautiful as well. It will be a while before I take it into the air because I'm still testing some things out but I love it. I also had the 727 and 777 with Captn Sim.

If she flies with the FMC and autoland's that will be something else.

Cost? I paid $190 Canadian for the FSLabs A320. Several hundred for PMDG's 777, 737, 747 and the additional monies for the variants. If it runs well with the systems then the price with the variants will have been worth it as it would still run less than FSLabs. But we shall see as I'm programming the FMC as I speak.

All your feedback and finding will be good to hear. Its hard to judge from twitch and CS screenshots to just how good/bad the VC is.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip