Sign in to follow this  
ckyliu

BVAI P3Dv4 freeware AI model package

44 minutes ago, johnbla said:

Hi guys

Can this be used as a stand alone freeware AI package or do you need Vatsim to use it? I have installed it but I do not get GA aircraft at the smaller airports. How do you tell if the sim is recognizing BVAI or the sim's own AI?

Thanks for any answers.

John

It’s for VATSIM use as it is not like UTLive which comes with routes.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I've installed it and tested it on KZSE ARTCC's FNO, almost 100 aircraft. Definitely the best AI package for VATSIM out there. Great job BVAI!

• Like 1

Nicolas Matus Sepulveda

My Specs: Windows 10 Pro 64x // Intel Core i7 4770K // 32GB @ 2400 Mhz Corsair Vengeance // Asus Maximus VI Extreme // NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI // 500GB SSD and 2 TB HDD // Prepar3D v5 // FlightSimLabs A320-X, CaptainSim 767 and PMDG 737NGX - 747 QOTSII  // My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vader7472 - My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/vader7472

Hi Vincent-

How did you do this if you don't mind me asking? I have UTL but stopped using it a while back, partly due to poor quality ac.

Mark

3 hours ago, newtie said:

Hi Vincent-

How did you do this if you don't mind me asking? I have UTL but stopped using it a while back, partly due to poor quality ac.

Mark

Pre-requisite : have pack AI BVAI installed and the SimObjects.cfg updated, for example

[Entry.xx]
Title=BVAI Traffic
Path=H:\P3Dv4\SimObjects\BVAi_Traffic
Required=True
Active=True

Then, with the Ultimate Traffic Live tool and for example for United.

1. Tab : Configuration
2. Carrier "United Airlines (UAL)", Operator "United Airlines (UAL) and for each "equipment" (A319, A320, B737...) :
3. You choose the AI you want in the zone "Available Aircraft Selection", and set the cursor % or remove the default Ultimate Traffic Live AI.

1522513624-utlive-2018-03-31-18-26-39.pn

1522514377-utlive-2018-03-31-18-39-18.pn

Remarks :

- BVAI pack is a collection of several AI producers : FAIB, The Fruit Stands, Alpha India... You have to find which producer has designed the livery you're looking for. It's inside the BVAI folder, for example for the Boeing 757-200, get inside BVA_B752, and its Aircraft.cfg which states ui_manufacturer=Alpha India
- UTL interface is a little tricky. Don't forget to press "Save Repaints". I initially assumed that "Save Settings" save everything... which is not the case

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

Pre-requisite : have pack AI BVAI installed and the SimObjects.cfg updated, for example

[Entry.xx]
Title=BVAI Traffic
Path=H:\P3Dv4\SimObjects\BVAi_Traffic
Required=True
Active=True

Then, with the Ultimate Traffic Live tool and for example for United.

1. Tab : Configuration
2. Carrier "United Airlines (UAL)", Operator "United Airlines (UAL) and for each "equipment" (A319, A320, B737...) :
3. You choose the AI you want in the zone "Available Aircraft Selection", and set the cursor % or remove the default Ultimate Traffic Live AI.

- BVAI pack is a collection of several AI producers : FAIB, The Fruit Stands, Alpha India... You have to find which producer has designed the livery you're looking for. It's inside the BVAI folder, for example for the Boeing 757-200, get inside BVA_B752, and its Aircraft.cfg which states ui_manufacturer=Alpha India
- UTL interface is a little tricky. Don't forget to press "Save Repaints". I initially assumed that "Save Settings" save everything... which is not the case

Hi Vbazillio,

This is great, just a tip If you have already configured all the repaints to use BVAI you could share the .XML config that contains the repaints configuration so others don't have to go thought this nightmare to re-map them (:wink).

All the best,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

I second the motion! :>)

Thank you for this Vincent.

I'll give this a try sometime this weekend and see how it goes.

Mark

• Like 1

I'm stoked that they have this now for Vatsim, but I can't figure out how to install :huh:

What folder am I pointing the installation/update to?

Another Tip,

If you are using my add-on for AI Lights effects you might encounter a conflict with some of the BVAI models lights, this is due to some technical configurations that the developers of BVAI are aware of and I believe they will be addressed in the future.

In the meantime to avoid the effects conflicts follow these steps:

1.- Locate your P3D Add-ons folder, for example C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

2.- Find the Folder with the name BVAI.

3.- Make a backup of your Add-on.xml file

4.- Edit the Add-on.xml using Notepad++

5.- Remove the Effects section:

RUCkB7v.jpg

6.- Save the changes, and relaunch P3D and VPILOT.

All the best,
Simbol

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 5:40 PM, regis9 said:

I couldn’t find an aircraft model list on their website.  Can anyone tell me if this includes models that aren’t already available for p3dv4, ie CRJ2, E145, E140, E135, DC-10?

thanks

All but DC-10 are included.

21 hours ago, johnbla said:

Hi guys

Can this be used as a stand alone freeware AI package or do you need Vatsim to use it? I have installed it but I do not get GA aircraft at the smaller airports. How do you tell if the sim is recognizing BVAI or the sim's own AI?

Thanks for any answers.

John

I tried it using P3Dv4.1 to manage traffic, but it doesn't work with the stock trafficAircraft.bgl, since it doesn't have any references to any of the aircraft in the BVAI pack. For example, in the .bgl, the only aircraft references are default P3D aircraft. I suppose one could use AI Flight Planner to edit the stock traffic.bgl to use aircraft in the BVAI pack. I really don't know anything about AI flightplans, so not entirely certain what would be involved, but I suspect it would be time consuming.

I am using it in P3Dv4.1 with PSXseecontraffic/RealTraffic and it works great! I will say there are some problems with faulty variables in some of the liveries...missing atc parking codes, a few incorrect aircraft type codes, etc...the normal stuff. Sitting at KLAX I was getting 70%-80% accurate livery matching to live traffic! PSXseecontraffic has a great utility called VMRGenerator, which interrogates each aircraft.cfg to create a model\livery list, and it also generates several reports that are useful in finding errors. I've spent some time correcting some of the models/liveries and it's pretty simple stuff.

I really like PSXseecontraffic/RealTraffic, as it does two important things: 1.) provides live traffic; 2.) by matching to whatever models/liveries you have available. The more liveries you have, the better the chance of getting a match to live traffic - that's where BVIA, or vPilot AI comes into play...they provide all the liveries.

Kind Regards,

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Another Tip,

If you are using my add-on for AI Lights effects you might encounter a conflict with some of the BVAI models lights, this is due to some technical configurations that the developers of BVAI are aware of and I believe they will be addressed in the future.

In the meantime to avoid the effects conflicts follow these steps:

1.- Locate your P3D Add-ons folder, for example C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

2.- Find the Folder with the name BVAI.

3.- Make a backup of your Add-on.xml file

4.- Edit the Add-on.xml using Notepad++

5.- Remove the Effects section:

RUCkB7v.jpg

6.- Save the changes, and relaunch P3D and VPILOT.

All the best,
Simbol

Simbol,

Will that make the BVAI use your AI Lights?

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

19 hours ago, vbazillio said:

1522477332-2018-3-31-8-21-43-233.jpg

At least, I have pointed my Ultimate Trafic Live United fleet to this new pack of AI. Good bye to old outdated United liveries.

Vincent,

How long did it take you to substitute the United fleet; did you substitute ALL United models, or just a portion of them?

It looks like UTLive provides a means to substitute in the BVIA liveries...I suspect, however, it would still be VERY time consuming to do the substitutions for ALL liveries, considering there are 1400 of them in BVAI, give-or-take. If there aren't many substandard liveries in UTLive, then I suppose it wouldn't take too much time. This scenario certainly provides some flexibility, without having to go through the effort of finding and downloading individual models\liveries.

We need some kind of tool that can compare liveries, and do the substitutions automatically...something that would allow one to bulk select a list of AI that can then be substituted in place of existing AI - SIMBOL, I know you have the technology, you do it!

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

7 hours ago, somiller said:

How long did it take you to substitute the United fleet; did you substitute ALL United models, or just a portion of them?

Too long. You're right : a tool which allows you to identify easily the model you have in your P3D library and make the substition for all airlines would be great.

14 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Vbazillio,

This is great, just a tip If you have already configured all the repaints to use BVAI you could share the .XML config that contains the repaints configuration so others don't have to go thought this nightmare to re-map them (:wink).

All the best,
Simbol

Thanks for the reminder. And for those like were looking for the exact location of \USERS\<Your Name>\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\utLive\Data\repaints.xml. I don't think it's relevant to share my own repaint.xml because it's only updated for United (testing purpose), Air France and Hop! airlines (I'm french ;)

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

8 hours ago, somiller said:

Simbol,

Will that make the BVAI use your AI Lights?

Kind Regards,

It already does, but the steps above will ensure all the models inside their package will work without problems with AI Lights Reborn Freeware Edition.

S.