Sign in to follow this  
tttocs

New 310R from Milviz

I did a "duh" last night and ordered when I saw it available rather than waiting for the new discount email to come so I payed full price.

Hey, it was late, it had been a long and frustrating day at work, I was tired and I JUST WANTED THE DOGGONE PLANE!  Looking forward to getting it in the air later today.

Scott

Edit: FYI, I've still not received the email either.  I did get the previous 50% off email.

Edited by tttocs

17 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

35 bucks for basically a completely re-made addon is too much?  People gotta eat!

Sorry, I'll pay close to full price for something I don't even need that much just so Milviz can afford some lunch. :rolleyes: 

Note the key words..."not enough to ,make it worth it for me". I have no issues with Milviz setting whatever price they like, or even having enough money to buy food, FFS.   Their pricing policy is their own business, but my purchasing policy is mine, not Milviz's, yours or anyone else's. And my purchasing policy currently states that I don't need another piston twin badly enough to pay that much for it, particularly when it's a re-release of one that I already have in my hangar.

What is it about AVSIM...

13 minutes ago, Holdit said:

Sorry, I'll pay close to full price for something I don't even need that much just so Milviz can afford some lunch. :rolleyes: 

Note the key words..."not enough to ,make it worth it for me". I have no issues with Milviz setting whatever price they like, or even having enough money to buy food, FFS.   Their pricing policy is their own business, but my purchasing policy is mine, not Milviz's, yours or anyone else's. And my purchasing policy currently states that I don't need another piston twin badly enough to pay that much for it, particularly when it's a re-release of one that I already have in my hangar.

What is it about AVSIM...

I didn't say full price!  You were the one complaining about the discounted price lol.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Paid $40 three months ago to purchase the 310 because I thought it was the P3D V4 version and the the good reviews it received on this forum. Now it's $50 and the 50% discount I was offered disappeared.

A bit disappointed as well.

Pine out

Johan Pienaar

Anybody else not able to put the plane into cold and dark state? I set it in the milviz MVAMS and making sure I save it but it still loads into the scenery with engines running.

Sorry for asking here, still waiting for support forum access.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

9 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I didn't say full price!  You were the one complaining about the discounted price lol.

Once again, poor marks for comprehension. I didn't say full price either. I said "close to full price". Now we can debate the definition of "close", but from my point of view it means not far away enough to be compliant with my purchasing policy. And I wasn't complaining, just making an observation, Did I say it wasn't fair of Milviz to set that price? No. Did I stamp my feet and demand that they reduce it? No. All I said was that the price point doesn't make it a value-for-money purchase for me. I made no criticism of Milviz, their aircraft or their pricing.  What is it about that that's so hard to grasp? Why do you feel such a need to play white knight when they aren't even being attacked? 

@pinepix62, please contact osh at oisin at milviz dot com and he will get you the discount.

For the cold and dark, do try and make sure that you've got the default aircraft with a running engine and that should fix it.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I also have this "cold and dark" issue, but I don't think I understand your solution, Milviz.  Sorry if I'm dense.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

because of the way our systems work, having the default (saved flight) with the engine running is critical.

Bill will show up at some point and explain why...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Ok, thank you.  I will await his input.  So you seem to be saying, load a flight with the sim's (P3d) default aircraft, and then switch aircraft to the 310?

Stew

Yes.

That seems counter-intuitive, but so be it!  Thank you.

Stew

Another question:  I was able to dl the Redux at the discounted price (I purchased the original 310 from PCAviator) very early on from the Milviz site before the offer was withdrawn.  Is my version still good, or is there a fix to it in the release today that fixes the blank 2D panel accessed by Shft-1?

BTW, I really like the improvements in this package.  I flew it all day yesterday--no complaints.

Edited by StewartH

Stew

10 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Another question:  I was able to dl the Redux at the discounted price (I purchased the original 310 from PCAviator) very early on from the Milviz site before the offer was withdrawn.  Is my version still good, or is there a fix to it in the release today that fixes the blank 2D panel accessed by Shft-1?

BTW, I really like the improvements in this package.  I flew it all day yesterday--no complaints.

The 2d panel (Shift-1) was deliberately left out of this release, as were all but one of the other sub-panels. The only 2d sub-panel remaining is the "throttle quad and fuel valves" popup mainly because the 3d fuel valves are impossible to reach from the pilot's seat. Yes, one can cycle through the multiple camera via the "A" key, but Shift-1 is far easier and faster, and doesn't take your eyes off the main panel and view out the windscreen! :gaul:

EDIT: I'm looking into the "Cold and Dark" issue. It has been working just fine, but I'll get to the bottom of it.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Umm...you mean Shift-2 for the throttle quad and fuel valves, right?

And is my early dl that I mentioned above still good?  There aren't any fixes I'm missing with the early dl?

Stew