newtie

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Recommended Posts

Hi all-

I've had an interesting two days regarding the error message above.
Three days ago I start getting that message. Did some research. Re-seated card (TitanBlack), GPU temps fine (45). Uninstalled 391 drivers, went to 388's. Uninstalled 4.2, deleted all folders, reinstalled no addons.

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Uninstalled 4.2, reinstalled 3.4. 

NO ERROR.

Hmmmmmm......

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,
Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

some have had success with this by:

  1. Completely uninstall driver
  2. Run a driver cleaner
  3. do a clean install of a known good OLDER driver
  4. do a repair or fresh install of 4.2
  5. do a clean install of newer driver if needed

Vic

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, newtie said:

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes.  Started with 4.2 for me.

Nothing I do will fix it.   GTX970 here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi,

in my case, I only get these on my development machine when I am using AI aircraft. I first noticed it when I was testing one of my products using the new BVAI package. When no AI are present in the sim, I don't get the driver error - I have been testing something else today for several hours without any of those issues (but also without AI).

I am half inclined to believe that this is a 3D model issue of some kind. I also get huge sheets of color at some airports when using MT6 or UTL, that go away when I turn off all AI models. Make of that what you will.

i9 7900X @4,3 GHz, 64BGyte, Asus 1080Ti OC

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

some have had success with this by:

  1. Completely uninstall driver
  2. Run a driver cleaner
  3. do a clean install of a known good OLDER driver
  4. do a repair or fresh install of 4.2
  5. do a clean install of newer driver if needed

Vic

 

Hi Vic-

Have done all of the above. No luck on any count.

Really weird. Nothing even remotely close to this has ever happened.

3.4 works fine. Also checked CPU temps, fine, ~55C under load

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

in my case, I only get these on my development machine when I am using AI aircraft. I first noticed it when I was testing one of my products using the new BVAI package. When no AI are present in the sim, I don't get the driver error - I have been testing something else today for several hours without any of those issues (but also without AI).

I am half inclined to believe that this is a 3D model issue of some kind. I also get huge sheets of color at some airports when using MT6 or UTL, that go away when I turn off all AI models. Make of that what you will.

i9 7900X @4,3 GHz, 64BGyte, Asus 1080Ti OC

Best regards

Hi Oliver-

Fresh 4.2 install, no addons/AI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you have a previous V4 version installed previously like 4.0 or 4.1? If so, clear your shaders cache. Also, what else is running? Check your Task Manager listing to see what runs at Windows

and what is running when you run P3d4.

17 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

I only get these on my development machine when I am using AI aircraft. I first noticed it when I was testing one of my products using the new BVAI package

I assume that you purged the BVAI of all the FS9 models. That will cause all sorts of weird issues in P3d4 if you leave them active.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the same issiue since sunday last week. 

Also treid DDU any a lot of suggestions.  Finaly on Monday i decided to do a clean win 10 install and reinstall everything. 

Since yesterday everything is installed and i`m currently on my way from EDDM to KJFK for the first test. 

So far no dxgi hung but i have 6 hours of flight left so let`s see. 

brgds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this problem had started after a windows 10 update, on my 1080ti, i uninstalled driver with ddu, but nothing change, for resolve my problem i use windows media creation tool who repair the install without erase your program or personnal files, now i can fly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

this problem had started after a windows 10 update

This could be the main reason, i use windows 7 and no problems whatsoever. Also using BVAI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same problems after installing new video drivers yesterday. current version 391.35.

I really don´t want to uninstall/reinstall everything again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

I had the same problems after installing new video drivers yesterday. current version 391.35.

I really don´t want to uninstall/reinstall everything again.

 

One definitely has to clear the shaders cache after installing a new video driver. The driver compiles the HLSL text files into binaries and each driver may change the compilation method .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

One definitely has to clear the shaders cache after installing a new video driver. The driver compiles the HLSL text files into binaries and each driver may change the compilation method .

+1

Do this every time you install new driver or change settings, or change something in p3d.cfg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all-

After extensive testing today, I'm 95% sure this is card failure, pure and simple.

I'm going to start a new thread in a minute regarding recommendations for a 1080ti and any experiences you have had with it, good or bad.

Thanks for all the help,

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As you can see on the title I get an odd error in my P3D V3 sim. It happens maybe 2/3 of the time and only happens on approach or right after landing. If I get this error I also get an background sound from windows every 40 second until the error come. This is stating to get annoying so any ideas what causing this? https://drive.google.com/open?id=17_fB2nwIptHrn9mDIy_9z5Yd9NOaiuLO

My PC

I5 8600K

GTX 1060 6GB newest driver, got this error on older drivers as well

16GB ram

 

Edited by Albin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now