Sign in to follow this  
TonyD

Nice aircraft, now the shutdown challenge begins

Well I can start it, take off, land, taxi to the stand....but for the life of me I cannot stop the props from rotatating.  Any pointers gratefully appreciated.

Also noticed elapsed timer does not seem to work when the F1 GTN750 is installed.

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

LOL Tony... maybe switch off the ignition switches?

1 hour ago, TonyD said:

Well I can start it, take off, land, taxi to the stand....but for the life of me I cannot stop the props from rotatating.  Any pointers gratefully appreciated.

Also noticed elapsed timer does not seem to work when the F1 GTN750 is installed.

I don't have the plane yet, but how about turning the fuel supply off?? Just a thought.

Had the same problem myself Tony then found there are engine shut off click-spots directly under the condition levers to the left and right of the "COND" label.

Good catch Slado - well hidden and undocumented as far as I can see. 

Unfortunately my props are still turning, and I have no idea why.  Only thing that has worked is resetting to cold and dark.

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Had the same problem and could not find fix for that, have to go reset back to Cold and Dark. However, next time when I cut off the fuel...the prop stop spinning instantly like shutting down a high compression piston engine...that's also not very right and need a fix I believe.

Edited by KevinLee251

Confirmed, props keep spinning after cut off via hidden clickspot.

Guest JetFueler

I've not encountered this problem but I always shut down the engines by pulling my assigned controller levers back rather than using the click spots. Whether or not that's got anything to do with it though, I don't know.

Engines shuts down for me- when you eventually locate the click spots!

still no cure even with version 1.1. I've opened another report at Carenado for this.

@croft: what sim? Looks like that there are some p3d specific issues with the engine startup and shutdown...

Cheers

T.

Carenado reports that they are looking at this and not quite sure what is causing it...

Cold&Dark is currently the best way to shut down the engines..  lets hope for a better fix..

Bert

Ctrl. + Shift + F1 also works...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Pull the condition levers all the way back, then move the mouse cursor in the area further back from the levers to the left and right of COND and click when you hit the hot spots.  Nothing is marked there, you have to hunt for them a bit.  But it will shut down the engines, the props will continue to spin and gradually come to a stop.

Edited by baseleg16
clarification

Hi,

Just purchased and have the same problem. What I have noticed is that the condition levers will not retard past the start position. They should be retarding to the Fuel Off position. This looks like a design flaw on the part of Carenado.

Cheers Darwin