Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

P3d v4.3

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Remind yourself how many crashes you had when you first got v4 assuming you were an early adopter.  Compare that to the relative calm of v3. 😀

Cant recall I had any. It was peace and calm watching VAS go to 5 or 6gb without it freaking out.  P3D V4 never CTD.  If anything it will be another addons cause.  And FPS is very acceptable , I think better than V3 and thats with more features being used and at 4k!

Edited by HighTowers

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

7 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Cant recall I had any. It was peace and calm watching VAS go to 5 or 6gb without it freaking out.  P3D V4 never CTD.  If anything it will be another addons cause.  And FPS is very acceptable , I think better than V4 and thats with more features being used and at 4k!

V4 better than v4? 🙁 Your hardware would be interesting. Is that all with default bar the aircraft?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

V4 better than v4? 🙁 Your hardware would be interesting. Is that all with default bar the aircraft?

Haha my bad. Corrected it.  

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

19 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Any clue when 4.3 is out.  What is Pete Dowson's schedule.  Is he taking a vacation? LM releases based on his schedule.

Mid-July for Pete.

• Upvote 1

The only crashes I have had in v4 have all been attributable to third party add ons.

I am certainly no XP 'Evangilist'as my posts across this board and other sites I frequent will attest to.  I was merely pointing out to a friend the benefits of moving to a 64bit platform.  The only reason I brought it up was at Ray's disappointment that GSX would not be developed further for 32bit.

And Ray, sorry but I've never been taken by that particular 'jack of all trades..' anecdote.  When the great engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel told the world he was going to build a ship made of iron, his contemporaries said much the same; he should go back to doing what he was good at, building bridges and tunnels.  It didn't turn out too bad for him.

Apologies for any forum malfractions.

2 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

The only reason I brought it up was at Ray's disappointment that GSX would not be developed further for 32bit.

And Ray, sorry but I've never been taken by that particular 'jack of all trades..' anecdote.  When the great engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel told the world he was going to build a ship made of iron, his contemporaries said much the same; he should go back to doing what he was good at, building bridges and tunnels.  It didn't turn out too bad for him.

Apologies for any forum malfractions.

It was only mild disappointment Dean. My FPS would have taken a hit.

Unfortunately I’m no Brunel. I know my limits and I’d rather have a good knowledge of how to fly a few aircraft than a flakey knowledge of many more. And that’s just for P3D.

If I had to learn how another sim worked that would knacker* me. I’d much rather use nearly 25 years of knowledge with Microsoft’s and now LM’s baby to add to that knowledge-base.

* I’m curious if that word will get past the filter. Anglo-Saxon rules! :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Maybe they will finally nail one of the most annoying issues of shadows appear/disappear. Its simply horrible ! 

Roi Ben

On 6/11/2018 at 3:11 AM, pmb said:

It might mean DX12-based. That's what I suspect, but may be wrong. 

Kind regards, Michael

Doesn't DX12 require Windows 10?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

12 minutes ago, pgde said:

Yes. That's what I thought anyway

11 minutes ago, pgde said:

Yep. Keep in mind Win 7 support will be discontinued I think in Jan. 2020 anyway.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

14 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Doesn't DX12 require Windows 10?

Yes. That's what I thought anyway

This is correct.

S.

Edited by simbol

Question now is Why hasn't P3D 4.3 released by now.  It is supposed to be out in June. Come on LM, time to thrash my SSD with reinstalls and what not (I am using some other components than client update), so I end up uninstalling the whole thing.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

If DX12 would be confirmed - which no one knows - it would be nice to know if it allows true full-screen mode again. As far as I recall this got lost (for that pseudo-full-screen mode we enjoy today) with the transition to DX11.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11