Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Payware insanity!!!

Guest shelley1995

Hi, Your are most correct with your observations. I used to purchase quite a bit but no more. I only purchase from true developers who have proven their work. I see some things that look as though some 5 year old did them and they have the nerve to put a price on them. I agree-shame, shame. Thanks,

>Hello Mike,>><<<<>>>>>Hey, Sonny Crocket had a Ferrari . . . you mean they don't>supply you 'Jimmy Bond' types with expensive euro boy racer>cars? Sorry Mike, I just couldn't resist!Just FYI: Sonny Crocket's "Ferrari" was a fake - kit car. :)

BobK

"I used to purchase quite a bit but no more. I only purchase from true developers who have proven their work"hear hear!I have made two really bad payware purchases !1. by World air simulations (remember them ? :-lol ) which I took back to the shop and got my money back ...and stood there all day to ward off other simmers from buying them and lecture the store for stocking the product!2: ..was yesterday! the London scenery by Visual Flight ...27 Euros' for this rendition of Hyde park/Kensington gardens/Palace! *:-*http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/117652.jpgregardsEd

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/115553.jpgAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZS

Off Topic:"drek" comes from the german word "Dreck", which means "dirt", "rubbish", "####" etc."Yiddish" (which comes from the german "j

Guest dsflyer

>>I have made two really bad payware purchases !1. by World air>simulations (remember them ? :-lol ) which I took back to the>shop and got my money back ...and stood there all day to ward>off other simmers from buying them and lecture the store for>stocking the product!>>2: ..was yesterday! the London scenery by Visual Flight ...27>Euros' for this rendition of Hyde park/Kensington>gardens/Palace! *:-*>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/117652.jpg>>regards>>Ed

>>

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/115553.jpg>AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD >128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZS>I would check your installation or maybe purchase the London autogenfreeware add-on for London Scenery. I have London Scenery and Hyde Park looks NOTHING like your screenshot. I dont know if London Scenery actually covers the Kensington area of west London anyways.Personally this is the best scenery i have seen to date and i have RI as wellCheersDan :-)

Hmmm.."I dont know if London Scenery actually covers the Kensington area of west London anyways"It does not ...thats why it should not be called London scenery but London City Airport Scenery ...Hyde park/Kensington Palace is a pretty huge landmark to be missing from London! let alone Albert bridge, Royal albert hall and all landmarks from here to LHR! :-eekLondon autogen? ...I will have a seach for this file.regardsEd

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/115553.jpgAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZS

Visual Flight offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for purchases from its website. That seems fair enough to me.

It is insane when one thinks that some add-ons cost more than FS9. I do not buy them for this reason. Another one is on sceneries for example where most of them want to sell them by counties, provinces and ranch fences, soon to be by objects like trees, vehicles and stop signs. As for the tones of freeware some people do, they should do it for what it is, a passion for this hobby of ours, and god bless them for the free sharing. I do not deny that some very few pieces of add-ons, because the level of complexity along with a particular interest and special dedication of a group of individuals deserve remuneration for it. But they are really far and few in between.One bad side effect of pay-wares is that it tends to make feel the people of freeware like fools at one point of another by not charging which eventually may discourage a few. Nobody wants to be or feel like a fool. The good news is that money doesn

Guest panda234

And the money back guarantee works. I bought it and couldn't get it to quite work for me because of the FPS hit on my particular system, but they refunded immediately no questions asked. When I upgrade my system though I'll buy it again--it looks fantastic. billg

One more point about this subject - the Payware Insanity:People that has never contributed to the hobby with anything concrete, that use and enjoy a lot of freeware add-ons, even using freeware through several years, suddenly decide to release their first public add-on AS PAYWARE! This is unfair. At least they should release a good, full featured freeware add-on before thinking of going payware.Emerson

Guest dsflyer

> It is insane when one thinks that some add-ons cost more>than FS9. I do not buy them for this reason. Microsoft is a MULTI BILLION DOLLAR CORPORATION with extensive resources in terms of both personnel and finances, and still FS9 is not exactly perfect. The logic here leaves me somewhat bemused sometimes.Sure if a product is bad then let others know, but i have 15 OUT OF 15 payware products that i am more than happy with, and some excellent freeware. These guys do their best given the resources and time available to them.All the bestDan :-)

Guest R5D4

>Visual Flight offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for>purchases from its website. >>That seems fair enough to me.Fair enough though a demo version (with some visual corruption) would be fairer for the customer and less time consuming.Demos are generally not offered simply because the novelty of many paywares is short-lived, which in my opinion makes them poor value for money and is the reason people complain about their cost.Another way to look at this is that payware is a sad indictment of the western economy -authors have no other way of earning a living!

Guest Bigshot

I don't buy payware. Plenty of very good freeware available.

Guest dsflyer

>Another way to look at this is that payware is a sad>indictment of the western economy -authors have no other way>of earning a living!I agree., but not much we can do about that Citizens! :-lol In our local area (im sure you guys have similar), there is a service one can subscibe to where you offer your skills or whatever in return for something from someone else, building up and spending points as you go. Ahh... the good old days:-) CheersDan