captain420

how do you prevent ASCA from automatic startup?

Everytime I launch Active Sky, it automatically launches ASCA. How can I prevent that from happening.

And is there a way I can load P3D along with all my 3rd party apps simultaneously instead of having to load each app one by one.

I heard you can add entries into FSUIPC to do this, but I'm not really sure how to do that. Could somebody help me please.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Aaron,

ASCA is designed to launch with AS16 as it provides the various cloud textures demanded by AS16. The two programs are Siamesed together for that reason.

When it comes to launching 3rd party programs you have two options:-

1) FSUIPC. The process is very simple and described in the User Manual.

2) Purchase SimStarterNG which allows you to have different configurations of P3D depending on either your aircraft or how you like to fly. Low and slow or high and fast. It also had a facility to launch programs for each configuration.

But for simplicity go with FSUIPC unless you need what SimStarterNG offers.

What if I don't want to use ASCA for cloud textures but want to use Rex Skyforce instead? That's why I don't want to have ASCA loaded when I load up ActiveSky. But at the same time I don't want to uninstall it either just incase I decided I want to switch back.

Yes I'm aware of FSUIPC start up features and read about it in the manual but I'm still not entirely sure the correct way to set it up. This is what I'm asking help with. If somebody can give me an example of how to do it.

Have a read here, you can use them all together. 1 big happy family 😎

Bully.

10 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Yes I'm aware of FSUIPC start up features and read about it in the manual but I'm still not entirely sure the correct way to set it up. This is what I'm asking help with. If somebody can give me an example of how to do it.

I could just paste the relevant bit of the user manual but that wouldn’t achieve much. Pete provides an example in the manual so why not just read it and try it?