Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

I had to update the one above the Client in the program install list once I upgraded to 5.13. Not sure why but that was the only thing I changed from last night to this morning. I didn’t do a complete install last night, only client, content, and scenery and everything worked. Then I updated FSUIPC this morning and had to run the P3D installer. It took like 2 minutes and it upgraded the Academic (not client) without having to uninstall anything. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

So what kind of answer is that?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 minute ago, b757 said:

I didn’t do a complete install last night, only client, content, and scenery and everything worked

Isn't that a complete install?

7 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Isn't that a complete install?

Sorry I meant I didn’t just run the P3D installer. I did each one individually and tested each one before doing the next one. The academic version has Academic and Academic Client and I didn’t have to update the Academic last night, but had to this morning. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

2 minutes ago, b757 said:

Sorry I meant I didn’t just run the P3D installer. I did each one individually and tested each one before doing the next one

cool, understand

2 minutes ago, b757 said:

The academic version has Academic and Academic Client and I didn’t have to update the Academic last night, but had to this morning. 

don't understand.

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

don't understand.

If you look in the uninstall program menu, there will be 4 entries for P3D. Academic, Academic client, Content, and Scenery. I’m not really sure what the Academic is because the size is different than all three others combined on mine. When I ran the FSUIPC update this morning, I was getting CTD. I then ran the P3D setup and it updated my Academic entry from 4.1 to 4.3 and fixed my CTD. 

• Like 1

Is anyone else noticing improvements in the default look of lighting and textures?  If this is actually the case, then it would be interesting to see what PTA or TomatoShade can do with it.

Anyone else tried Tooting's acid test - Aerosoft Heathrow approach with Orbx England at night with AI and DL?

I asked in the Aerosoft forum if there are problems when updating. The answer was simply no. Just as notice.

Mathijs Kok

We know currently of no problems.

Greetings Eddi :smile:

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

Just testing in the default piper, and time is set for 2300 hours, and I have cockpit shadows ? I can even see the green grass.  Don't recall seeing cockpit shadows at night in 4.2.

I did actually have faint cockpit shadows at night last time I flew in 4.2, but didn't really look into what caused it. With all the dynamic lighting going on around airports now, I wouldn't be surprised if this was causing my VC shadows.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

UTL remains very heavy in frames when dynamic lights are active.

Other AI traffic are the same?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

2 minutes ago, otreblA said:

UTL remains very heavy in frames when dynamic lights are active.

Other AI traffic are the same?

The more 3D objects the more strain on your GPU. There is no difference between AI traffic addons.

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Be advised lads new nvidia drivers just came out too 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png