AvaP

PMDG737 FMC Warning: “Unable 280 KT at DEALE"

A warning of “Unable 280 KT at DEALE" shows up after I set CRZ ALT in the PERF INIT Page. What should I do? Here are the basic information about my flight configuration and relevant screenshots (1. The screenshot of the chart 2. The screenshot of the warning page): 

Departure: KBOS

Arrival: KDCA

STAR: DEALE3

DEALE waypoint is the start of the DEALE3 STAR at KDCA airport. According to the chart below, there is a speed restriction of 280 KTS at this point. After I have completed my route input, the warning show at when I put in the CRZ ALT in the page of PERF INIT. Please help! Thanks! 
115228rgyhxzrykh80kzyq.jpg115602qgvngwanbyn0gb0r.jpg

Why not ask this in the PMDG NGX forum?  Hint.... look at your descent page on the CDU.

You need to change the speed on your descent page. It's likely an econ speed around 250 automatically calculated by the FMC. Change it to more common values like 280 or even 300.

Edited by threegreen

Could be wrong as I can’t see the chart clearly but does it say 280kts/10,000 at DEALE? If so that will conflict with your default 250/10,000 restriction in the DES page. Try changing that to say 250/9000 and see what it says. 

It’s uncommon to have a Speed of 280 at 10,000, you can do all the above or simply do Speed INV and set 280. Once below 10,000 turn VNAV back on to resume the normal 250 =< 10,000 ft

There are always time it’s best to take over VNAV like hight restriction, eg SID out of London were you go from 5000ft and are cleared to 6000, setting a VS of +700 is better than letting VNAV having its own way.

Edited by Nyxx

wow that is a cool 2018 chart...where does one get charts like the op posted?  Is that with Navigraphs?

Edited by Skywolf

Think by memory   you only  can get  charts  in  the  states  not  any  where  else,  could  be  wrong

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

Think by memory   you only  can get  charts  in  the  states  not  any  where  else,  could  be  wrong

True. I use Avliasoft EFB now and I get all the chart info I need to conduct a flight with no monthly charges. Very seldom if ever look at Skyvector for charts and cancelled my Navigraph chart subscription. EFB even shows me what best sid and star I can use. 

• Like 1