Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JUL18] Another Round for the NGX and 777! (oops...)

Captains,

Late this evening, we issued new updates for the PMDG 737NGX and PMDG 777 product lines.

With the NGX, we found that an error made it through quality checking the build and this was causing some users to experience corruption in any panel state files created using the version released during the weekend.  We felt this was a critical failure that required an additional fix.

In addition, for both the 777 and 737, we made a later-breaking discovery (as part of our beta testing in the 747) for a scenario that could cause a really ugly problem if the user loaded an approach in the FMS, then loaded a STAR that shared the same initial fix.  (Yes- believe it or not, such a thing exists!)

It was a simple thing to issue the fix and we felt it would save some headaches for users who run into it- so we pushed updates to both product lines.

While I have your attention- In the morning we will be pushing another major update on the 747-8 to our beta testers- and we think this will be the update that brings good solid stability to the product line.  It has been our experience that each product goes through a period of chaos during testing- then all of a sudden everything clicks into place.  This update is likely to be that update- and then we can start to pivot toward release, finally!

Stay tuned- we will have more information shortly!

I hope you are all having a good start to the week.

• Like 25
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, lukejw20 said:

Will the 747-8 be available for FSX SE?

FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv3, P3Dv4

Just because it's not mention anywhere, do we need to uninstall anything or the updates will be on top of the existing versions?.

Cheers, Ed

22 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Just because it's not mention anywhere, do we need to uninstall anything or the updates will be on top of the existing versions?.

Cheers, Ed

The updater runs out of the OC and does everything for you. You just press "OK" and sit back and watch.

Awesome! Lets hope nothing goes wrong then but no pressure @PMDG. I know you work hard to bring us the best realism

5 hours ago, hkhoanguyen said:

should be before autumn 😄 

Autumn of which year?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Renato Roberto Dos Santos said:

No issues with previous releases, but it's fine.

My surprise? The word "MAX" in the file.... (YES)!

no surprise Robert told us this months ago, MAX in the works

Got 'em both done.  Easy enough to do each time, so no sweat.

Thanks Robert. We're all totally looking forward the Lady's release!

Hi captains,

I'm on my way from KDFW to KSAN on my first 738 flight after update through OC. I've noticed that now, the Windows Heat Panel lights, does not illuminates all at once and/or illuminates randomly. Now I'm not sure but I'd swear that those lights will remain illuminated in green with "ON" readout when you set all switches to ON position. It's like now you set all switches to "ON" but the system will working on demand. Is that correct?

Thanks!

IH2pH96.jpg

TI9fTIQ.jpg

2 minutes ago, Woc said:

Is that correct?

It is correct. People tend to "catch" this feature in the summer because summer (in the northern hem) is hot. Window heat is also hot.

...and will shut itself off if the window heat hits the upper limit. :wink:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

It is correct. People tend to "catch" this feature in the summer because summer (in the northern hem) is hot. Window heat is also hot.

...and will shut itself off if the window heat hits the upper limit. :wink:

OMG! Such level of realism... really? Make sense. Thanks Kyle! Have a nice and not-so-hot summer 😉

3 minutes ago, Woc said:

OMG! Such level of realism... really? Make sense. Thanks Kyle! Have a nice and not-so-hot summer 😉

Welcome!

I installed the last update on B 737 NGX on Prepar3d V 4 and found no way to start the panels.Up to now no bug fix download on your OC for B 737NGX available !

Where can I find the obove mentioned download fix ?

Thank your for your help.

10 hours ago, compadre said:

I installed the last update on B 737 NGX on Prepar3d V 4 and found no way to start the panels.Up to now no bug fix download on your OC for B 737NGX available !

Where can I find the obove mentioned download fix ?

Thank your for your help.

Log into your PMDG account, view your previous orders and download the NGX again (the download will be the latest version). If the version you have installed on your computer is old enough, then the NGX can't be updated, so you need to download from PMDG again.