Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JUL18] Another Round for the NGX and 777! (oops...)

Captains,

Late this evening, we issued new updates for the PMDG 737NGX and PMDG 777 product lines.

With the NGX, we found that an error made it through quality checking the build and this was causing some users to experience corruption in any panel state files created using the version released during the weekend.  We felt this was a critical failure that required an additional fix.

In addition, for both the 777 and 737, we made a later-breaking discovery (as part of our beta testing in the 747) for a scenario that could cause a really ugly problem if the user loaded an approach in the FMS, then loaded a STAR that shared the same initial fix.  (Yes- believe it or not, such a thing exists!)

It was a simple thing to issue the fix and we felt it would save some headaches for users who run into it- so we pushed updates to both product lines.

While I have your attention- In the morning we will be pushing another major update on the 747-8 to our beta testers- and we think this will be the update that brings good solid stability to the product line.  It has been our experience that each product goes through a period of chaos during testing- then all of a sudden everything clicks into place.  This update is likely to be that update- and then we can start to pivot toward release, finally!

Stay tuned- we will have more information shortly!

I hope you are all having a good start to the week.

• Like 25
  • Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I appreciate it. Thanks

Michael Chandler 

No issues with the previous build but thank you :)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

11 minutes ago, lukejw20 said:

Will the 747-8 be available for FSX SE?

FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv3, P3Dv4

Kyle Rodgers

Just because it's not mention anywhere, do we need to uninstall anything or the updates will be on top of the existing versions?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

22 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Just because it's not mention anywhere, do we need to uninstall anything or the updates will be on top of the existing versions?.

Cheers, Ed

The updater runs out of the OC and does everything for you. You just press "OK" and sit back and watch.

Kyle Rodgers

Awesome! Lets hope nothing goes wrong then but no pressure @PMDG. I know you work hard to bring us the best realism

5 hours ago, hkhoanguyen said:

should be before autumn 😄 

Autumn of which year?

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP