redsonssi

PMDG 747-8 Engine

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Please refer to the forum's directions on how to attach images.  A link to your local computer is not going to work.

Please also refer to PMDG forum rules that ask that we sign our full names on all posts.

Engines shaking might be normal in turbulence, but not sitting on the ground.  Please describe the problem and if this is FSX or P3D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, Chewwy noted this same behavior yesterday during his twitch stream (P3D) with the -8.  Sitting on the ground during servicing the engines were noticeably shaking, so it does appear to be a 'thing' at least in some circumstances.

Cheers,

Kevin Stalcup

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed this violently shaking of engines after updating to the most recent747-400 QOTS II base package. Does not have the 748 yet.

It was a new loaded flight, default panel state, clear weather

Edited by vhaaland
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sitting at my gate yesterday in the new 748 and all 4 of my engines were shaking violently also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen this on my flight today.

Maybe it is related to camera addons and their way to "add" effects into the sim?

 

Which one do you use? I use Chaseplane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stefan,

AH!  You know- you just gave me an idea to investigate this.

We have had a few testers report this shaking on the ground, even though the vibration model is turned off one the airplane slows- and i have been trying to reproduce it while parked without success.

I bet it is some kind of interaction with the camera model...  Nice idea- thank you!

I'll dig a bit and see where it leads.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Stefan,

AH!  You know- you just gave me an idea to investigate this.

We have had a few testers report this shaking on the ground, even though the vibration model is turned off one the airplane slows- and i have been trying to reproduce it while parked without success.

I bet it is some kind of interaction with the camera model...  Nice idea- thank you!

I'll dig a bit and see where it leads.

 

Not sure if it helps but I was departing EDDF today with some showers / turbulence around. When I am leaving the clouds it stops.

I also have a video of it which I can post if needed where you can see it starting to happen. It stops as soon I leave a cloud layer.

 

It can also be related to turbulence settings in Active Sky for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert, 

I have seen this today in FACT without having any camera addons installed. only TrackIR in use (and AS4)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Morvious said:

. It stops as soon I leave a cloud layer.

now that is some good idea to trace ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents,

Wait.  ahahahahahaha

If the airplane is being jostled about, the engine mounts will flex.  They are designed for this.

I'm specifically chasing an issue in which they will seemingly pick up motion for no apparently reason while the airplane is parked.    Unless you are parking in the clouds, in which case we need to talk about your application of normal procedures.  😎

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert I have recreated what I have seen:

I loaded a flight with the -8 at the gate, default panel state. so engines running and a little amount of fuel the tanks... then I loaded the PMDG panel state "744 long"... yes, I'm just noticing that those are the old panel states that maybe should have been deleted, either by the uninstall/new install or by myself).. then I loaded 80% of fuel... whatching this from outside the whole airplane sits down into its struts and the wings flex down... now the engines wiggle around... and stop it again... then, after approx one minute they start wiggling 😄 (pardon: shaking) again and won't stop.

 

Edit: doesn't mean, of course, that this procedure makes them shake... but that's what I've done 😄 Wind is 12/6 (plane HDG 016) and AS4 is running with PMDG instructed turb settings.

Edited by Ephedrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert,

The airplane itself isn't jostled about. The wing is slightly bouncing but the engines are doing the wiggle dance!
Anyhow, this is what I am talking about:

Not sure if thats what you meant.

I think this is related to the weather engine (AS4 in my case) because it is starting when I fly between two cloud layers (although the turbulence is fine) and as soon as I clear them it is all normal. Maybe some kind of setting can cause this to happen on the ground as well?

If this is not what has been discussed here you are free to delete my posts to save any confusion from my part!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Stefan,

AH!  You know- you just gave me an idea to investigate this.

We have had a few testers report this shaking on the ground, even though the vibration model is turned off one the airplane slows- and i have been trying to reproduce it while parked without success.

I bet it is some kind of interaction with the camera model...  Nice idea- thank you!

I'll dig a bit and see where it leads.

 

Rob - - I can replicate by turning the parking brakes on and off.  With them off a idle - they are shaking.  Parking brake set - no shaking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, downscc said:

Please refer to the forum's directions on how to attach images.  A link to your local computer is not going to work.

Please also refer to PMDG forum rules that ask that we sign our full names on all posts.

Engines shaking might be normal in turbulence, but not sitting on the ground.  Please describe the problem and if this is FSX or P3D.

 

29 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

Wait.  ahahahahahaha

If the airplane is being jostled about, the engine mounts will flex.  They are designed for this.

I'm specifically chasing an issue in which they will seemingly pick up motion for no apparently reason while the airplane is parked.    Unless you are parking in the clouds, in which case we need to talk about your application of normal procedures.  😎

 

 

By the way, I noticed that changing the fuel quantities on the 747-400 causes the payload to change. The ZFW either: A) jumps around or B) stays the same, but the distribution of passengers and cargo move around from the numbers they were previously set to. Also, the SHORT panel state causes the captain PFD to load black, and the brightness knob just makes a black screen brighter black. just some observations for the team. I'm having fun though, and about to run the 747-8 for the first time.

Edited by captainsazzman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.