Dougal

Orbx and XP11 Issues:-(

Recommended Posts

Anyone having issues getting the new Orbx England South working?

Purchased this, but its crashing my XP11 installation, and my pleas for help on their forum are just going unanswered.

I remember now why I don't buy their stuff.  Stunning as it looks, support has always been an issue:-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You don't even show us screenshots of any error message...

Get that and we can try to help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cai Zicheng said:

You don't even show us screenshots of any error message...

Get that and we can try to help you.

lol that's because i didn't ask for help.  I asked if anyone else was having issues. At this stage, I simply wanted to know if it's a common issue;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dougal said:

lol that's because i didn't ask for help.  I asked if anyone else was having issues. At this stage, I simply wanted to know if it's a common issue;-)

Working fine, here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, working fine here. No installation problems.  Just had to check it was in the correct position in scenery_packs.ini and all worked first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Works flawlessly on my older rig too. There's a lot of info out there with tweaks and such. Orbx will help also, Don't give up, it's so worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With an i5 and 1060, mine's running fine though it shudders some over London. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Thanks guys. Any of you guys also using the freeware HD mesh with it?

Edited by Dougal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed the whole package.  I think you have to.

V Important to put them at the bottom of scenery.ini  and in the order A B C.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dougal said:

Interesting. Thanks guys. Any of you guys also using the freeware HD mesh with it?

I've got the HD mesh in the 'zzz's' at the bottom of 'scenery_pacs.ini' but I believe the Orbx scenery has its own mesh as is has always in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You must have them in the order ABC and you should place your Global Airports and London Landmarks entry above the Orbx entries in the '.ini' file. After that it should work. Orbx reuse the London Landmarks that Laminar created and Orbx use their own mesh which is a very detailed one that (I forget the meterage).

What exactly is the issue you are having? Is it performance related, error related or parts of the scenery not displaying correctly?

Now I am off to play Red Dead Redemption 2 😁

Edited by steve310002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

You must have them in the order ABC and you should place your Global Airports and London Landmarks entry above the Orbx entries in the '.ini' file. After that it should work. Orbx reuse the London Landmarks that Laminar created and Orbx use their own mesh which is a very detailed one that (I forget the meterage).

What exactly is the issue you are having? Is it performance related, error related or parts of the scenery not displaying correctly?

Now I am off to play Red Dead Redemption 2 😁

Hi Steve

My issue is it not finding all textures, so it causes XP11 to CTD. Tried all the recommended stuff on their forums, and order is checked and correct. Its time i had a clean install of XP11, so will be trying that before anything else.

Enjoy RDR2;-)))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I think of it, I recall having a similar issue at first. I downloaded the package, checked my install and everything looked fine. I loaded up Southampton airport and I got an error saying the scenery could be found or something along those lines and like you, I got a crash to desktop. I then checked the size of the 3 Orbx folders and they were only 14 GB. What I had done was download them on an external HD, hoping to leave them on the external HD (due to their size) shortcutting them to the custom scenery folder on my internal HD. Instead FTX central had downloaded the temp files to my external HD but took it upon itself to install on my internal HD directly into my X-Plane 11 Custom Scenery folder. As I did not have enough hard disk space for the 126gb of data, it bizarrely installed just 14gb yet FTX central said that it was downloaded and properly installed. I then deleted the whole thing, cleared space on my internal HD and downloaded again, this time extracting the temp files on my internal HD. Following this it installed properly. Maybe check you have enough space on your HD, clear some additional space (enough to also download the temp files as well as the extracted files), delete and reinstall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up and running after third download. All files were downloading correctly with FTX Central, but obviously not correctly converting.  It's a massive download.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now