Sign in to follow this  
TimF

Traffic Global or Ultimate Traffic Live?

Just now, TimF said:

Yes

This callsigns are coming from P3D, not from UTL, TG or P3D AI traffic itself.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Thanks Joe. That makes the issue even odder. For instance, when I installed UTL Japan Transoceanic Air 23 was correctly referred to by default ATC as "Jai Ocean 23". After running Editvoicepack it is referred to as "23". Not sure why.

There is nothing worse than having lots of lovely AI planes with realistic repaints installed.....and then hearing something like "23, cleared for take off" :dry: In fact, I would rather have an aircraft identified with an incorrect callsign than none at all. That's why a handful of my AI planes have been given different callsign identifiers (because the real ones are not available).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 10/31/2018 at 12:39 PM, Luis_KMIA said:

But I've dedicated many hours to updating liveries and models, mostly relying on FSPXAI and FAIB airplanes, which are fantastic.

I decided to go with UTL with my 4.4 install. Seems to work really well for me. I'd like to do what Luis has done, that is, upgrade some models including the Daedalus models. I also found the FSPXAI at Simarket. Those look pretty nice.

A few questions for those who have done or are familiar with it. I've done a cursory search regarding ai upgrade/replacement but didn't find a recent, comprehensive description or guide. Anybody know of a good step by step manual? Also, when replacing the Daedalus models how do you know that the model you replace is going to show up at the airport you want? 😎

Thanks for any help,

Mark

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, newtie said:

I've done a cursory search regarding ai upgrade/replacement but didn't find a recent, comprehensive description or guide. Anybody know of a good step by step manual?

Right here: http://www.liljendal.dk/portals/1/files/tmp2017/Installing AI for UTLive.pdf

- and the associated thread on the UTL support forum: http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=15206&PN=1&title=manual-1-3-for-installing-ai-aircraft-repaints

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

17 hours ago, newtie said:

I also found the FSPXAI at Simarket. Those look pretty nice.

I would stay away from these, all the FSPAIX models are not built following the P3D / FSX SDK instructions, for example all their lighting is built using objects to represent lights textures instead of effects, these are ignored by P3D and as a consequence these textures do not get processed by the relevant P3D shaders to get scaled properly over long distances, conclusion: Strobes, Navs and beacons are practically invisible after 1NM and it gets worse if you are using 4k resolution

Regards

Simbol 

37 minutes ago, simbol said:

I would stay away from these, all the FSPAIX models are not built following the P3D / FSX SDK instructions, for example all their lighting is built using objects to represent lights textures instead of effects, these are ignored by P3D and as a consequence these textures do not get processed by the relevant P3D shaders to get scaled properly over long distances, conclusion: Strobes, Navs and beacons are practically invisible after 1NM and it gets worse if you are using 4k resolution

Regards

Simbol 

Aren't all those FSPXAI_*.fx files ok? I'll do more test to see the difference with 330/340/380/777 between FSPXAI and TFS in terms of lights. But i do prefer the FSPXAI for the models. and I do use the Optional MDL for dynamic lights.

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

30 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

Aren't all those FSPXAI_*.fx files ok? I'll do more test to see the difference with 330/340/380/777 between FSPXAI and TFS in terms of lights. But i do prefer the FSPXAI for the models. and I do use the Optional MDL for dynamic lights.

Nope I researched and performed lots of experiments with this in conjunction with guys from the AIG group, those .FX files has only Dynamic Lighting information they do not have any textures at all.. more over any attempts to change the effects were ignored by the AI Models since they do not conform with LM SDK techniques.

S.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Regards

Simbol 

All right then. No FSPAIX for me.

Cheers,

Mark

25 minutes ago, simbol said:

Nope I researched and performed lots of experiments with this in conjunction with guys from the AIG group, those .FX files has only Dynamic Lighting information they do not have any textures at all.. more over any attempts to change the effects were ignored by the AI Models since they do not conform with LM SDK techniques.

S.

Although that's true, the FSPX AI models are far superior to equivalent versions that are available. Basically, if one wants top notch AI models with a wide variety of up to date and accurate liveries, one uses FAIB (Boeing and Airbus), FSPX (Boeing and Airbus models that do not have FAIB equivalents) and Raven (ERJ and CRJ) AI models. Older, less complex models such as those used in UTL, MyT 6, TG, WT 3 and freeware models from AIM, TFS and AIA are okay, but they are a step below the first group in quality.

I'm working on getting the Raven Embraer installed.

We'll see how that goes.

58 minutes ago, newtie said:

I'm working on getting the Raven Embraer installed.

We'll see how that goes.

You're going to spend more time installing models and repaints and assigning them over outdated or missing UTL models than quickly getting the AIG plan installed and everything done for you in a couple of clicks. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

9 hours ago, simbol said:

Regards

Simbol 

The FSPXAI aircraft are the best looking aircraft there are ...

And I really don’t care If strobes, navs and beacons ate little visible after 1 NM.

For me it is about flying and not looking in the distance at AI aircraft.

However I still can see those lights on my 3x 4K setup when they take off at the and of the runway...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0