Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Any news on Vertx DA62

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

On September 30 there was an announcement here on Avsim "Product Announcements & Press Releases" for the new amazing looking Vertx DA62 aircraft, expected to be released the ''next few weeks''.

However as there is not any dedicated forum or website of Vertx, I would like to ask here. As we are now over a month of the announcement does anyone know where we can seek for more news about the latest developments? Maybe beta testers can share anything if allowed?

Really looking forward for this.


Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, no news, it’s probably delayed. Carenado has  a DA62, but I don’t have any idea how good it is regarding systems.

Cheers, Ed

 


Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam & P3Dv4.5hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post

Very good question. There are lots of folks looking forward to this release. I hope we can get some sort of update soon. This developer has a history of releasing products that are near perfect out of the box. I expect this will be the same. 


Sam

Prepar3D V5.2/8086K@5.0/EVGA 1080TI SC Black/850W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung Monitor@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/ChasePlane/General Aviation/RealAir Legacy/

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Folks,

From past experience - I seriously doubt the Carenado G1000 can do a Direct To without deleting the flight plan - which makes it unusable for my needs - I'll wait for Vertx...

Regards,
Scott

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, edpatino said:

Carenado has  a DA62, but I don’t have any idea how good it is regarding systems.

Cheers, Ed

It's pretty (as you'd expect from Carenado) and it flies well, but it has a glitch where the additional tanks won't transfer fuel to the main tanks, which is not a showstopper, but it is a bit annoying nonetheless and will hopefully get patched (but as ever with Carenado, holding your breath for patches is not a good idea).

The G1000 you get with it is somewhat simplified in their Carenado DA62. It does the job, but it's not a complete simulation of the real avionics, which is not surprising given that it's thrown in for free with an add-on which is fairly inexpensive. For example, you can't load a flight plan into it (which is bordering on criminal for a flight simulator GPS),  so you have to input it on the spot, and its map can only display one orientation. These are not showstoppers, but they do nevertheless give you an idea of what to expect with it.

If it was the only game in town (which it currently is), then it would be more easy to recommend it, and I still wouldn't rule it out anyway since we don't know how much the Vertx one will be, but if you don't need one desperately right now, then I'd recommend waiting to see what the Vertx one brings to the table and how much that one will cost.

  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Chock said:

It's pretty (as you'd expect from Carenado) and it flies well, but it has a glitch where the additional tanks won't transfer fuel to the main tanks, which is not a showstopper, but it is a bit annoying nonetheless and will hopefully get patched (but as ever with Carenado, holding your breath for patches is not a good idea).

The G1000 you get with it is somewhat simplified in their Carenado DA62. It does the job, but it's not a complete simulation of the real avionics, which is not surprising given that it's thrown in for free with an add-on which is fairly inexpensive. For example, you can't load a flight plan into it (which is bordering on criminal for a flight simulator GPS),  so you have to input it on the spot, and its map can only display one orientation. These are not showstoppers, but they do nevertheless give you an idea of what to expect with it.

If it was the only game in town (which it currently is), then it would be more easy to recommend it, and I still wouldn't rule it out anyway since we don't know how much the Vertx one will be, but if you don't need one desperately right now, then I'd recommend waiting to see what the Vertx one brings to the table and how much that one will cost.

Thanks for your valuable comments. I'm on hold, but I'm not so sure if Vertx will release a DA62 anytime soon, so I'll probably switch my interest to another turboprop.

Cheers, Ed


Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam & P3Dv4.5hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post

Someone asked how soon? I have no idea of when Sean is going to release his DA-62.

I did give a clue on the other thread. All I can add is to be patient, it's worth the wait.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Someone asked how soon? I have no idea of when Sean is going to release his DA-62.

I did give a clue on the other thread. All I can add is to be patient, it's worth the wait.

Yep I noticed that it was in the traffic pattern and on Downwind about a week ago. Please tell Sean to keep the airspeed up until short final if able due to a F-35 number two to land behind him.🤯

  • Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.2/8086K@5.0/EVGA 1080TI SC Black/850W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung Monitor@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/ChasePlane/General Aviation/RealAir Legacy/

Share this post


Link to post

By the screenshots, no doubt that the excellent graphics and gauges have the Sean's touch.

I'm wondering however who did the FDE since Rob is not anymore in the "business".


- TONY -
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Someone asked how soon? I have no idea of when Sean is going to release his DA-62.

I did give a clue on the other thread. All I can add is to be patient, it's worth the wait.

A simple question: why someone at Vertx doesn't make a statement or give us some kind of response?. That way no speculation or guessing is possible.

Cheers, Ed


Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam & P3Dv4.5hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, edpatino said:

A simple question: why someone at Vertx doesn't make a statement or give us some kind of response?. That way no speculation or guessing is possible.

Cheers, Ed

Ed,

That someone would be Sean. I think you will get a better response if you email him. You can find his email:

http://www.realairsimulations.net/

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Ed,

That someone would be Sean. I think you will get a better response if you email him. You can find his email:

http://www.realairsimulations.net/

Thanks so much, of course I can do it, but wouldn't be better for the entire community if he reacts and inform all of us at once?. And obviously, he shouldn't be the only one at Vertx.

Cheers, Ed

 

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam & P3Dv4.5hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Ed,

That someone would be Sean. I think you will get a better response if you email him. You can find his email:

http://www.realairsimulations.net/

I know Sean since the early days of RealAir in the 2000's. After an absence, and come back on flightsim a month ago, I sent him an email to the address mentioned on http://www.realairsimulations.net/

No answer from Sean since then. At the time I sent the email, I was not aware of Vertx etc. Now I think he must be very busy so I did not re-send or anything of that sort.


- TONY -
 

 

Share this post


Link to post

He is a high-quality individual, and I’m sure is working as quickly as he can to release the product. After all he does not start his revenue stream until people can purchase, and that is the reason for all the effort.

 

 Despite the occasional lapse of silence, (which I’m confident can be explained by the demands of real life), he has always supported his customers, and will no doubt continue to do so. 

 

In the end, I often remind myself this is a hobby which I engage in to relax, and that patience is a virtue....

 

I have and will continue to buy everything that either and or both of The Duo produce.

C

 

 

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...