Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Any news on Vertx DA62

28 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I read nothing about promised in the articles.  I read about a hope to release in next few weeks.  That's not a promise.

Not only that but there are posts that have attempted to keep the AVSIM members with questions updated. I only decided to get involved because I wanted to assure those with concerns that the project was moving forward and progressing well.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

51 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'll happily wait if it's what I hope the delay is about ...

I'll happily wait too if what you hope for is what I think it is. A rough idea how long you are expecting having to happily wait...? 😎

59 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'll happily wait if it's what I hope the delay is about ... but there again I'm pretty patient, too much to do so little time ... except when it comes to drivers and driving, way too many slow and/or distracted drivers, but other than that flaw, I'm pretty patient 🙂

Cheers, Rob.

Rob you need to get all those drivers certified by Microsoft's WHQL.

52 minutes ago, simbol said:

Maybe your are a fan of F1 races?

Not so much anymore, I prefer to be the driver (I raced for 14 years RW) not the fan.

47 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

Any delay could also be due to getting the website up and running and secure.

That's probably the more likely, but I can hope.

6 minutes ago, J van E said:

A rough idea how long you are expecting having to happily wait...?

Yes I have a pretty good idea of how long but no idea about Rob's project (DA62) ... I'm just hoping and being optimistic but without any expectations.

Cheers, Rob.

While I am as impatient for this release as everyone else 🙂 I’m also cogniscient of the fact that it’s extremely difficult to predict the exact release date for any piece of complex software while still in the development phase.

The very reason why developers don’t do this is illustrated by this thread where someone has tried to helpfully throw out their opinion on approximately when it may be released and then someone has said there is now a promised release date. 

I’ve found that those who continue to apply public pressure for information or a firm release date are also those who are first to complain when the quality is not 100% upon release.

If I was the developer of this add-on, and putting in a 110% effort to release something spectacular (as I know this developer does) then I would be getting pretty annoyed reading this thread.

2 hours ago, PaulFWatts said:

The very reason why developers don’t do this is illustrated by this thread where someone has tried to helpfully throw out their opinion on approximately when it may be released and then someone has said there is now a promised release date. 

Although I agree, it would be nice to just have an official update from the developer confirming the project is alive and what its status is 

Edited by callsignrobin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, callsignrobin said:

Although I agree, it would be nice to just have an official update from the developer confirming the project is alive and what its status is 

No developer owes us an explanation or confirmation of anything.  If they have news to share they will share it.  When A2A was making their bonanza, I really wanted an update (along with many others), but they didn't share an update until it was time.  It's their business so I trust them to share when they're ready.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

No developer owes us an explanation or confirmation of anything.  If they have news to share they will share it.  When A2A was making their bonanza, I really wanted an update (along with many others), but they didn't share an update until it was time.  It's their business so I trust them to share when they're ready.

Wrong!
This developer went public on FSElite with an announcement 4 weeks ago and seems to have "lead us on" and have us believe the Vertx DA62 would be released by now.
I did not buy the Carenado on the back of his implicit promise that the Vertx would be out by now.
I think he owes us an update.
Frankly IMHO this type of behavior does not bode well for the type of support we can expect from Vertx.

Matthew S

17 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Wrong!
This developer went public on FSElite with an announcement 4 weeks ago and seems to have "lead us on" and have us believe the Vertx DA62 would be released by now.
I did not buy the Carenado on the back of his implicit promise that the Vertx would be out by now.
I think he owes us an update.
Frankly IMHO this type of behavior does not bode well for the type of support we can expect from Vertx.

You havent paid him anything, theres no contractual obligation, the dev owes you nothing.

Reading between the lines, the implicit reason as I understand it (and I may be totally wrong) is that release is dependent on a point update of P3D.  If so, the dev will be under NDA and cant tell you anything about that, even if he wanted to.

This is obviously such a major first world problem, but if it vexes you so much, why not go and buy the competing version?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Folks,

What ?

I think we need to start issuing brown paper bags to prevent hyperventilating around here...

:tongue:

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 5

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

You havent paid him anything, theres no contractual obligation, the dev owes you nothing.

Yes but if the developer wishes to get and keep the goodwill of future sales he will try to keep people informed especially if he has made an announcement of say "in November".

Goodwill should matter, one company lost all future sales to me by charging to upgrade in Xplane while the P3D update was free.  I have bought several planes since then and a few of them would have been of that company if not for this.  

Harry Woodrow

So @Paul Golding there's a certain Boeing missing from P3Dv4. Any chance?😁

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, harrry said:

one company lost all future sales to me by charging to upgrade in Xplane while the P3D update was free.

But the workload from FSX to P3D, P3D V3 to P3D V4 is totally different from FSX to XP11 or P3D to XP11.

Basically this developer had to start practically from scratch to provide the airplane for XP as both sim have totally different platforms and SDK.

Regards,
S.

• Upvote 1

Just now, simbol said:

But the workload from FSX to P3D, P3D V3 to P3D V4 is totally different from FSX to XP11 or P3D to XP11.

Basically this developer had to start practically from scratch to provide the airplane for XP as both sim have totally different platforms and SDK.

Regards,
S.

But not from X-Plane 10 to X-Plane 11

Harry Woodrow