Ron Attwood

Being pleasant pays..

I ordered some curtains (shades, blinds w.h.y.) from a website. Delivery was supposed to be 5 days. 7 days later I got an email:

Dear R.W.Attwood ,

We have been unusually busy this last week coming up to the Christmas Period. Unfortunately it has set us a few days behind our normal lead times. We are working to clear the back log and get orders out to our customers as soon as possible. We apologise for the delay, we hope to have your order out to you soon.

Your order is very important to us and we sincerely apologise for the delay and causing you any inconvenience.

If it is an emergency to have your order dispatched please call us on 01953 889215 or email support@woodyattcurtains.com and we will do our best to ensure it is dispatched straight away.

Please contact us if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards,

Stephen

Tel: 01953 889215

Email: Support@blahblah.com

Not convinced by the 'Busy because of Christmas' excuse, (Curtains, Christmas?) I replied:

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 12:38 AM Ron <ron.attwood@blahblahblah.com> wrote:
Hello Stephen, thanks for the update. However, we are getting a little tired of the neighbours gathering outside the house and watching us walk around naked. I wouldn't mind but it's the laughing that gets to us. So I really would appreciate an early delivery.
Regards, Ron Attwood.

This came this morning:

Dear Ron 

Thank you for your email, it certainly made me smile this morning! I can confirm I have arranged to have your order upgraded to a next day delivery parcel and therefore this will be dispatched today. This will be coming via Royal Mail 24 hour and will be delivered to you tomorrow. I hope this helps resolve your situation and you are pleased with your order upon arrival 

Have a lovely day

Kind regards 
Megan 
Customer Support 

Keep a sense of humour, it sometimes helps. :biggrin:

spacer.gif

• Like 15
  • Upvote 4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I give thanks (on this USA Thanksgiving day) for the LOL I just had. 

Cheers,

Greg

Maybe she got tired of laughing too?  Gobble....gobble! 😉

I guess it's not a real good time of year to be a jive turkey. 😉  

Hope you're the eater and not the eaten. 😉

Edited by Bill Alderson

What a fantastic Thanksgiving uplift hoot, Ron. Sooner you than I walking around in this current spell of cold weather...........butt.....(word not mentionable🤣)

My wife, daughter and I saw our Canadian neighbor naked in his backyard, we had to go inside, we were in hysterics laughing, I know they heard us.  We became good friends with them but politely never mentioned what we saw, we only saw the posterior anyway, thank goodness.  My wife and I always had a saying: "Too much information".....  We would shorten that to TMI when such situations presented themselves to us.

John

• Like 2

It should be noted that we didn't, or don't, walk about the house naked. Or that the neighbours don't really gather outside the house and laugh.

Just so ya know. :smile:

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

It should be noted that we didn't, or don't, walk about the house naked. Or that the neighbours don't really gather outside the house and laugh.

That's why I live in an apartment now.  It's my space and my neighbors have their space, we do not fight, we live close together.  Homes are sold with the adage "Pride of Ownership".  But they separate people.  Into little silos, and neighbors start looking into business that is not their business.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I took it for what it meant---- not a reality but a liberal expression to get that response from that supplier, which was effective, as it got a result, Ron.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Sure Ron!

You're not one of my neighbours are you? :unsure:

17 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

You're not one of my neighbours are you? :unsure:

I just happened to stroll by once - never again!!!

On 11/23/2018 at 5:29 AM, Cactus521 said:

My wife, daughter and I saw our Canadian neighbor naked in his backyard, we had to go inside, we were in hysterics laughing, I know they heard us.  We became good friends with them but politely never mentioned what we saw, we only saw the posterior anyway, thank goodness.  My wife and I always had a saying: "Too much information".....  We would shorten that to TMI when such situations presented themselves to us.

John

As I Canadian I can say that I have never walked around naked outside but will admit we have quite a few that do. He is probably from Wreck Beach or something 😄

Canada also has abolished the law so that girls can go topless anywhere due to equality, but I've never seen it

55 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

As I Canadian I can say that I have never walked around naked outside but will admit we have quite a few that do. He is probably from Wreck Beach or something 😄

Canada also has abolished the law so that girls can go topless anywhere due to equality, but I've never seen it

Sure....

Thanks for the bright humor.  Things like this make Hangar Chat worth coming to even if it isn't flight related.

Noel

Heck!  It doesn't just happen in Canada.  Way back in the dark ages when I had my 1 bedroom apartment here in S.F. You would be amazed that it was only $175 a month with underground garage parking and I was in the back, off the street, top floor, so nice and quiet.You would be surprised how many neighbors across the backyards kept their blinds/curtains open and walked around buck nekkid.  And these were very gorgeous young ladies to boot, or booty!:biggrin:

Way better than any TV program!

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Heck!  It doesn't just happen in Canada.  Way back in the dark ages when I had my 1 bedroom apartment here in S.F. You would be amazed that it was only $175 a month with underground garage parking and I was in the back, off the street, top floor, so nice and quiet.You would be surprised how many neighbors across the backyards kept their blinds/curtains open and walked around buck nekkid.  And these were very gorgeous young ladies to boot, or booty!:biggrin:

Way better than any TV program!

Watch the movie "Love Actually:, which combines airports, love and travel and this .... uh,,, discussion.  There is a scene where a Brit travels to Milwaukee and his ... uh ... dreams come true.  It is hilarious, and the actor is a dead ringer for someone I used to work with who was not heterosexual...

Way back in the dark ages when I had my 1 bedroom apartment here in S.F. You would be amazed that it was only $175 a month with underground garage parking and I was in the back, off the street, top floor, so nice and quiet.

That must have been a long time ago, 50’s or 60’s? My grandparents used to live on the 20-something floor of a building over by Embarcadero and the TrasAmerica building. It wasn’t that large an apartment, two bed, two bath but they were paying over $3000 a month for it. My aunt was living in a smaller one, not far from there on a lower floor and paying over $2000 for less than 1000 square feet.

Just now, cmpbellsjc said:

That must have been a long time ago, 50’s or 60’s? My grandparents used to live on the 20-something floor of a building over by Embarcadero and the TrasAmerica building. It wasn’t that large an apartment, two bed, two bath but they were paying over $3000 a month for it. My aunt was living in a smaller one, not far from there on a lower floor and paying over $2000 for less than 1000 square feet.

1974-1983  The owner sold the building and the rental agency for the new owner sent a letter upping the rent to $220 and I said "That's it...I'm buying a house"!

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

1974-1983  The owner sold the building and the rental agency for the new owner sent a letter upping the rent to $220 and I said "That's it...I'm buying a house"!

I cant believe it was so inexpensive that recently. I wonder why my grandparents were paying so much and yours was so cheap?

2 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I cant believe it was so inexpensive that recently. I wonder why my grandparents were paying so much and yours was so cheap?

Over in that district (Downtown) TransAmerica building on Washington and Montgomery and over towards the Embarcadero was very expensive prime real estate, then and now.   Most of the apartments/condos in the new Salesforcrce tower sold for $5 million+ and the stupid build is leaning😱

Over in that district (Downtown) TransAmerica building on Washington and Montgomery and over towards the Embarcadero was very expensive prime real estate, then and now.   Most of the apartments/condos in the new Salesforcrce tower sold for $5 million+ and the stupid build is leaning😱

It's why I moved from the Bay Area to Phoenix.  Today I rent a no lease apartment, month to month, full utilities, four pools, one bedroom, full utilities minus the Internet, for $655 a month.  You just cannot live more cheaply than that in most places in this country.  I am on a bus line, which links to light rail, which links to Sky Harbor Airport and Downtown Phoenix, so I can go to a baseball game, or basketball game, without even using my car and drink as much as I want, though I am a non drinker.  I just like the convenience.  It is ten minutes to the Light Rail Line then Zoom Zoom Zoom.... For $2.00, since I am on Medicare, I can ride all day long, almost anywhere in the metro area of nearly four million people, stretching more than sixty miles east to west and more than forty miles north to south.  Location, Location, Location, our secret..., those of us who live here in this hole in the wall know what we are doing....

Amazing how things go from getting a free 'Next day delivery', to the prices of property in San Francisco!  :rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Amazing how things go from getting a free 'Next day delivery', to the prices of property in San Francisco!  :rolleyes:

Or hear about Ron walking around his house in the "ALL-TOGETHER":blink: And now to counter Catcuspants: I can walk down the hill from my house(4 blocks) and take BART to just about anywhere I can think of.  BART to the airport KSFO or KOAK for around $3.  I have a senior Clippercard and can ride Muni bus anywhere for free.  Bus stop is about a block and a half from my house.

Maybe time to get back on subject??

Or hear about Ron walking around his house in the "ALL-TOGETHER":blink: And now to counter Catcuspants: I can walk down the hill from my house(4 blocks) and take BART to just about anywhere I can think of.  BART to the airport KSFO or KOAK for around $3.  I have a senior Clippercard and can ride Muni bus anywhere for free.  Bus stop is about a block and a half from my house.

Maybe time to get back on subject??

I miss BART and the Vallejo Ferry, but I could not afford the high cost of living in the Bay Area, it was a quality of life issue.  I was not rich, I had to build a career and make my way in the world and the Bay Area offered no opportunity for that. 

It had low IT wages and high housing prices.  Phoenix was the opposite, it had high IT wages to entice people to come and make this a metropolis, and low housing prices.  I have no regrets, I could have never afforded flight lessons living in the Bay Area, I left my wife with a 3100SF two story house with a park view, nobody peering into our windows at night and when we split up I let her keep it as her nest egg, because I already had retirement wrapped up on my end. 

And together this year, both of us proudly got our daughter to Northern Arizona University, she is aiming for the foreign service, to be a world traveler like I was, and like her mother was to a lesser extent, and certainly like her grandfather was, my father, a nuclear health physicist who helped launch the nuclear navy and who helped the nation recover after Three Mile Island.  It's all there in the Navy and Government history for those who want to brag about their bona fides.  Admiral Rickover knew my father, the father of our aircraft carrier fleet and nuclear navy.

John