Sign in to follow this  
Branimir

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error: Is there a solution?

I saw posts where someone clocked down (!) his 1080ti and got rid of the device_hung errors. At least the max. power consumption to 80% if i recall correctly.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

3 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

I saw posts where someone clocked down (!) his 1080ti and got rid of the device_hung errors. At least the max. power consumption to 80% if i recall correctly.

Okay. So that's item 3. to try.  May yet need a #4 though! 😉  

Thanks,
Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

33 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Okay. So that's item 3. to try.  May yet need a #4 though! 😉  

Thanks,
Pete

Have that always when testing max  OC in P3D( GPU OC ), one notch down is ok , if you have a heavy OC the CPU weaker card like 1070 with factory oc can give it. or BAD GPU

tested my 2x 1080 ti SLI in P3Dv4.4 max clock 2126mhz Dxgi at 2138 after 2-5min  2150 when load P3DV4

You can test to downclock the cards in Afterburner -150 to -250 in the bar  or disable one card at a time ( if you hav a mobo with dip switches for pcie slots) easy way to find a bad gpu.

Edited by westman
  • Like 1

Hi Pete-

As Westman notes above, it was a bad GPU in my Titan Black. Replaced with a 1080ti a few months ago and haven't had a problem since. You can read about it here.

Good luck,

Mark

Since you stated that the error started to pop up recently, can you think of or remember anything that changed in your system before the errors occurred?

I had one of these for the first time ever Monday morning. By chance, I read this (page 2 here) and did what Dave said. 3 flights later not seen it again. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

29 minutes ago, westman said:

You can test to downclock the cards in Afterburner -150 to -250 in the bar  or disable one card at a time ( if you hav a mobo with dip switches for pcie slots) easy way to find a bad gpu.

22 minutes ago, newtie said:

As Westman notes above, it was a bad GPU in my Titan Black. Replaced with a 1080ti a few months ago and haven't had a problem since. You can read about it here.

Success with my step #1 (disable SLI)! I get no DXGI errors if I disable SLI. So it's either a problematic 3-way SLI, or, as suggested, one of the GPUs is not so healthy.

I'm not sure how to disable just one in a 3-way connection. I don't think there are switches on the mobo.  What about just disabling them in the Device Manager? Won't that work? Mind you, identifying which is which in there will be trial and error as far as I can see!

10 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

Since you stated that the error started to pop up recently, can you think of or remember anything that changed in your system before the errors occurred?

P3D4.3 and 4.4.  Nothing else really.

Thanks all! I'll keep at it. If it's an SLI problem it looks like I'll have 2 x 1080Ti's for sale, only 16 months old, one good owner! 😉

Pete

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I had one of these for the first time ever Monday morning. By chance, I read this (page 2 here) and did what Dave said. 3 flights later not seen it again. 

Thanks. Another thing to try. I usually do the nVidia "clean install", but i assume DDU does a better job.

Pete

I was getting this error quite a bit several months ago after an Nvidia driver update (can't recall which one).  I stopped using Nvidia Inspector and that fixed it for me.  Not sure if you have a P3D profile set up in NI or not.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Just now, Flic1 said:

Not sure if you have a P3D profile set up in NI or not.

No, I'm not using NVI. Never saw a need for it, and originally folks said it didn't do anything for you in P3Dv4. What does it do for you?

Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

No, I'm not using NVI. Never saw a need for it, and originally folks said it didn't do anything for you in P3Dv4. What does it do for you?

Pete

I was using it as an external FPS limiter instead of the internal which hit my frames too much.  It 'seemed' to work well at the time as it did keep my frames at 30 but to be honest after not using it for a while I really can't tell any difference.  I think I saw a post from Rob A. that said the external limiting really doesn't help P3D and I tend to agree now after not using it.  I also never saw much need for any of the other NVI settings.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

21 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Thanks. Another thing to try. I usually do the nVidia "clean install", but i assume DDU does a better job.

Pete

Can be as simple that 4.4 not like 3way, i had problem to find a god driver on saturday when installed V4.4

i have 2 sim pc with 2x 1080ti SLI , testet the pc with Win10 1809  tricky one get  to work properly, the one with 1803 was no problem at all , but P3DV4.3 vs V4.4 dont react the same way on SLI ( subjetive personal feeling)

Edited by westman

3 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I was using it as an external FPS limiter instead of the internal which hit my frames too much.  It 'seemed' to work well at the time as it did keep my frames at 30 but to be honest after not using it for a while I really can't tell any difference.  I think I saw a post from Rob A. that said the external limiting really doesn't help P3D and I tend to agree now after not using it.  I also never saw much need for any of the other NVI settings.

Right. I set unlimited in P3D and enable VSync. My 3 projectors are all running at 30Hz, so that's just right for me.

Pete

1 minute ago, westman said:

Can be as simple that 4.4 not like 3way

That may be so. That will be my next test, whether by disabling one of the GPUs or removing its SLI link. Or, thinking on how they are linked, sort of circularly, I may have to find that 2-way link I think I had.

One result so far from my testing. Now that DXGI crashes don't occur I've been testing further. First with the time set for night. And it works fine -- but with abysmal frames rates (14-17 at EGLL), and then in the day also at EGLL -- the same! So I think Orbx FTX England (and the others I'd hoped to enjoy) are not viable with my setup. 😞

I think without the FTX stuff I should be okay at night though, without fear of DXGI crashes at last!

Pete