Gandalf

Radar Contact

Hi All

Been away from flight sims for a couple of years but have recently installed P3DV4. Downloaded a couple of ATC add ons but have gone back to using Radar Contact and wondered how many people still used it on a regular basis.

Regards

Alan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Alan,

Every IFR Flight plus the "meatwater" voice mods...

I also have the functions mapped to Voice Attack so no more hunting for numbers...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

35 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Me too,

with P3D4 / Fsuipc5 ?

Me, too. Tried ProATC for a little while and then rushed back to Radar Contact.

I really must check this out as I am on the market for a decent ATC program. I used VoxATC for a couple of years which I loved, but have decided they don't deserve any more of my hard earned cash after they seem totally uninterested in replying to emails or providing any kind of support. ProATC I used in it's early days, but I like the idea of voice activated ATC. Can anyone expand a little on the Meatwater mods. I know absolutely nothing about them. 😊 EDIT: I've just been on their website, the latest news post they have is from 2009 and the website looks like it hasn't been updated since the introduction of the internet! Is this company still in business?

Edited by Rockliffe

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Me too, not surprisingly I imagine. 😁

😂 😂

36 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I really must check this out as I am on the market for a decent ATC program. I used VoxATC for a couple of years which I loved, but have decided they don't deserve any more of my hard earned cash after they seem totally uninterested in replying to emails or providing any kind of support. ProATC I used in it's early days, but I like the idea of voice activated ATC. Can anyone expand a little on the Meatwater mods. I know absolutely nothing about them. 😊 EDIT: I've just been on their website, the latest news post they have is from 2009 and the website looks like it hasn't been updated since the introduction of the internet! Is this company still in business?

Hi Howard, I guess Ray’s the man to answer those questions... I’ve had RC installed since my FSX days

Regards 

Alan

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

can we still get RC ? seems the link to DL or buy are not working

Having looked at the main RC site I cannot see a link to purchase the software. Bizarre.

This should be the download page. http://www.jdtllc.com/products.htm

I've sent an email to JD and Doug for them to investigate.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Additional info

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Having looked at the main RC site I cannot see a link to purchase the software. Bizarre.

This should be the download page. http://www.jdtllc.com/products.htm

I've sent an email to JD and Doug for them to investigate.

I've just been on their website Ray, the latest news post they have is from 2009 and the website looks like it hasn't been updated since the introduction of the internet! 

39 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I've just been on their website Ray, the latest news post they have is from 2009 and the website looks like it hasn't been updated since the introduction of the internet! 

Not surprising given their one and only product was released nearly 10 years ago. Anyway, I had a reply from Doug overnight and he said the site will be changed in the next few days. I’m guessing he means there will be a link so potential customers can buy the product.

Don’t be put off by the fact their website hasn’t changed in years. RC4 remains a good product. 

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not surprising given their one and only product was released nearly 10 years ago. Anyway, I had a reply from Doug overnight and he said the site will be changed in the next few days. I’m guessing he means there will be a link so potential customers can buy the product.

Don’t be put off by the fact their website hasn’t changed in years. RC4 remains a good product. 

Ah, thanks Ray. I'll check it out. Cheers.

Used RC when it was in it's prime. Going back to it now, seems like returning to Windows 95. 

Purchased PF3 a couple of months ago and went back to Radar Contact eventually.

Rock solid - you always get from A to B!

• Like 1

Can someone tell me how to install Radar Contact into P3Dv4.4? I installed it to FSX per the installation procedure, but when I try to use it, I get a "Runtime 75" error. The messages appear in P3D, but I cannot select Clearance Delivery or ATIS.

I'm using Rex Skyforce 3D and ActiveSky P3D as well.

Any assistance appreciated.

Edited by Reggie025

Did you search the Radar Contact forum?  I just did and came up with six pages of "Run Time 75" topics.  They all have different solutions more or less, so you'll have to decipher through them.

Run Time 75 is a path/file access error and is windows related.

Just on the off chance, are you running RC as administrator?

Edited by netshadoe

2 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Does anyone have the meaty add on?

I do Chris.

I've tried pretty much everything out there and I'm back to RC. While it's outdated in terms of functionality, phonetically it is THE best piece of software out there, period.

4 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I've tried pretty much everything out there and I'm back to RC. While it's outdated in terms of functionality, phonetically it is THE best piece of software out there, period.

Have to agree, use it for every flight, such a pity v5 was cancelled...

Regards

Alan