pilot10112

Bad FPS FSLabs a320

Recommended Posts

Hey all, 

I have recently purchased the fslabs a320 for p3d. I had been holding back for a while but decided to go for it as I loaded in the first time my frames were down to an average 14 FPS. I the adjusted my setting for better performance. Even with the settings being low I still average around 19FPS at a default P3D airport! I have no tweaks to my p3d.cfg file. My specs are 

i7 6700K

GeForce GTX 1070

16GB DDR4 ram

I feel like these are pretty good I just don’t know why my frames are so bad. They stay up around 29-35 in the VC of the PMDG products. 

Please help!!

Simon S.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

8 minutes ago, pilot10112 said:

Hey all, 

I have recently purchased the fslabs a320 for p3d. I had been holding back for a while but decided to go for it as I loaded in the first time my frames were down to an average 14 FPS. I the adjusted my setting for better performance. Even with the settings being low I still average around 19FPS at a default P3D airport! I have no tweaks to my p3d.cfg file. My specs are 

i7 6700K

GeForce GTX 1070

16GB DDR4 ram

I feel like these are pretty good I just don’t know why my frames are so bad. They stay up around 29-35 in the VC of the PMDG products. 

Please help!!

Simon S.

What is your GPU usage %?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, mpw8679 said:

What is your GPU usage %?

Around 45-50 percent. My CPU is around 80

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, pilot10112 said:

Around 45-50 percent. My CPU is around 80

Start with the basics.  Reload your graphics driver, delete shaders, and delete your cfg.  

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Start with the basics.  Reload your graphics driver, delete shaders, and delete your cfg.  

Should I really do this? Won’t it delete both scenery airports and ORBX products? Plus this is only happening with the Fslabs. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, tooting said:

Are you running in 4k

I could be. How would I check? I am not home right now and am on vacation. Thank you for all you help! Especially on Christmas!

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, pilot10112 said:

Should I really do this? Won’t it delete both scenery airports and ORBX products? Plus this is only happening with the Fslabs. 

As long as u only delete your main cfg file u will be fine.  Make a back up first.  Both the cfg and shaders will be rebuilt at next sim start.  But u will lose all your in sim settings.

Share this post


Link to post

Have you checked the FSLabs forums?  There are a few threads with user tips on improving performance.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

As long as u only delete your main cfg file u will be fine.  Make a back up first.  Both the cfg and shaders will be rebuilt at next sim start.  But u will lose all your in sim settings.

Ok I will try this when I get a chance. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, exeodus said:

Have you checked the FSLabs forums?  There are a few threads with user tips on improving performance.

I have checked but I will check again

Share this post


Link to post

I'd add that this A/C is the poorest performer in my hanger. I still like it, but have to turn down some settings to smooth things out.

And, yeah. Check your resolution. 4K would be a bit much. Check your Display Settings, by right-clicking the desktop.

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post

don't know  why  would  you  even  worry  about  the  fps,  the  main thing is  the  sim  smooth is  the main  concern  you  should  worry  about,  anyway  good luck in  chasing the  fps  down😀

Edited by pete_auau

Share this post


Link to post

The plane is incredibly heavy on CPU usage. With my old PC I had to uninstall it. I could only fly it over open water in good weather. 

Your CPU is a bit better than mine, so you may stand a chance. Setting the target frame rate to unlimited helped a lot (but not enough) in my case.

Peter

Share this post


Link to post

i'm using a 4770 a gtx 1070 and 32 gb ddr3.

wat helpded me was disabling the mipmap vc panel setting.

but i'm using a 4k 32" monitor.

on aerosoft egll professional i have about 20 fps at daytime with ut live at 60 %.

at cruise level it's about 28 -30 fps  locked

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, 331BK said:

i'm using a 4770 a gtx 1070 and 32 gb ddr3.

wat helpded me was disabling the mipmap vc panel setting.

but i'm using a 4k 32" monitor.

on aerosoft egll professional i have about 20 fps at daytime with ut live at 60 %.

at cruise level it's about 28 -30 fps  locked

Ok thank you all for all the help. As I said before I am not home right now but I will do all of these when I get home. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now