SunDevil56

KFLL scenery for v4.4

Recommended Posts

Are there any payware scenery's available for KFLL Hollywood-Ft. Lauderdale International other than the FSDT offering..??

I'm not aware of any, but it never hurts to ask...😎

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Checking the two sources linked below, I don't see any. 

  • DCTRY (link)
  • Google Maps for Prepar3Dv4 (link)

Is there something you don't like about the FSDT version?

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Checking the two sources linked below, I don't see any. 

  • DCTRY (link)
  • Google Maps for Prepar3Dv4 (link)

Is there something you don't like about the FSDT version?

Not at all Doug, just seeing what else might be out there payware wise...

Thanks for the info, and for the links....🙂

Edited by SunDevil56

Share this post


Link to post

The FSDT scenery for FLL is completely outdated however. 10R was completely rebuilt, widened, lengthened, terminal's 1 and 4 were rebuilt and a huge ramp of hangars and parking were built along the southwest side of the field. I would love to see it re done as this is my real world home base airport. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yup FLL is well overdue for a rework.  I guess if anything we should be thankful that the FLL we bought years ago is still working in P3D without any additional cost...outdated or not.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

I can't believe no devs have taken on KFLL as a project as it is a beautiful airport.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

There's an AFCAD with some of the more recent prominent changes.    Realize it's not commercial grade, but it's a more accurate layout to reflect the look of the runways, taxiways.   Robert Catherall is the author, query the name and KFLL, you'll find it easily.  Been using it for a while, no issue

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, jhaley said:

There's an AFCAD with some of the more recent prominent changes.    Realize it's not commercial grade, but it's a more accurate layout to reflect the look of the runways, taxiways.   Robert Catherall is the author, query the name and KFLL, you'll find it easily.  Been using it for a while, no issue

This is what i'm currently using, and you're right... not commercial grade, but miles better than the default KFLL... 😎

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=203976

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, RyInTheSky said:

The FSDT scenery for FLL is completely outdated however. 10R was completely rebuilt, widened, lengthened, terminal's 1 and 4 were rebuilt and a huge ramp of hangars and parking were built along the southwest side of the field. I would love to see it re done as this is my real world home base airport. 

I never knew that. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Le Français said:

I can't believe no devs have taken on KFLL as a project as it is a beautiful airport.

Maybe on the outside. 😉 I fly in and out of there fairly frequently, and it's one of my least favorites from a traveler perspective.

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, eslader said:

Maybe on the outside. 😉 I fly in and out of there fairly frequently, and it's one of my least favorites from a traveler perspective.

 

Why is that Charles...?? Just curious.... 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

Why is that Charles...?? Just curious.... 

Lack of good food options (most stuff is overpriced quick-serve cafeteria-grade food), paid cell phone charging (seriously?), jerks running the security lines -- please do not threaten me by calling federal officers over because I calmly disagree with you that my carry-on-sized bag is, in fact, carry-on-sized, especially when I used a tape measure and verified that the sizing box is smaller than it's supposed to be... Stuff like that.

 

Admittedly, I flew into Orlando the last couple of times I was down there, so things might have changed. I know they were doing a remodel project.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, officercrockey said:

My absolute favourite... only 15$.. high quality 🙂

http://cbsimulations.com/product/kfll/

Wow, that can’t be real, can it? Is that some type of spoof website? Nobody would pay for that. Not only that, no developer would post screen shots that looked like that. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Wow, that can’t be real, can it? Is that some type of spoof website? Nobody would pay for that. Not only that, no developer would post screen shots that looked like that. 

Yeah, but the screenshots are from v1.0, and screenshots from v1.1 will be "available soon" according to the description......🤣

I can't wait to see what those look like...😁

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, eslader said:

Maybe on the outside. 😉 I fly in and out of there fairly frequently, and it's one of my least favorites from a traveler perspective.

 

Bummer, not what I was hoping to hear! I am flying in for the first time coming up in a few months, with a 4.5hr layover (ouch) and at a pretty bad time too (17:00-23:59)... Was hoping it'd be a nice airport to hang out in. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Wow, that can’t be real, can it? Is that some type of spoof website? Nobody would pay for that. Not only that, no developer would post screen shots that looked like that. 

Unfortunately this is real. He is active on FSDeveloper and recently even released a new add-on for only 20$. To be fair it was looking a little better.

But yes, this one really shocked me and I really want to know, how many copies he sold 🙂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, officercrockey said:

My absolute favourite... only 15$.. high quality 🙂

http://cbsimulations.com/product/kfll/

Wow, that’s incredible eapecially given it’s for X-Plane which actually has good default airports...certainly way better than that.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Wow, that’s incredible eapecially given it’s for X-Plane which actually has good default airports...certainly way better than that.

It is not for XPlane it is for FSX/P3D... but anyway... I guess we can agree that almost any freeware is better than this.

Share this post


Link to post

This is even a bigger troll than fsxscenery

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

This is even a bigger troll than fsxscenery

Which one is that..?? AKA "scenery builders"...??

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Which one is that..?? AKA "scenery builders"...??

something like that, I think or just simply fsxscenery on simmarket

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Drumcode said:

something like that, I think or just simply fsxscenery on simmarket

Yeah, I think we are talking about the same dev, I saw it at FS Pilot Shop.

It's very amateurish, i'll grant you that, but I have just one, KGSO Greensboro NC, and it's better than the default, not by miles, but better nevertheless, at least IMHO it is, and the only real heartburn I have with it is that it won't display my AI traffic, but it cost me only $10, so i'm not losing any sleep over it...

I wanted it because my daughter is a doctor in nearby Winston-Salem, and my wife and I fly in to KGSO occasionally.

By comparison, that CBS simulations stuff that officer crockery posted is just god awful, a bad joke really, and the guy want's $15 for that....🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now