Gandalf

Alan Constable 3D sounds

Recommended Posts

Hi All

Been trying to buy the 3D sounds package for UTL from SimMarket but it seems to have disappeared 🙁

Anyone any clues? Also posted on their website but no reply after about a week.

Thanks for any help

Regards

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Hi All

Been trying to buy the 3D sounds package for UTL from SimMarket but it seems to have disappeared 🙁

 

Alan, what's this 3D sounds package supposed to do exactly...??

Share this post


Link to post

Adds fantastic sounds to your AI aircraft...would highly recommend it if that's something you feel will add to the immersion.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

 

Alan, what's this 3D sounds package supposed to do exactly...??

Hi, Dylan beat me to it! 😂

Tony, thanks for the reply but where can you purchase? All it says is “notify when available” I believe it was released about a year ago and it’s a download so would have thought it should be available?

Maybe it’s been withdrawn...

Regards

Alan

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah that is weird.  Not sure if there is anyway to ask SimMarket ?

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks guys, i'll have to check it out, and the free one too...😎

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, kand said:

I use this https://k-akai.blogspot.com/2018/04/ai-traffic-sound-pack-171.html

Free and far more comprehensive than any payware I have purchased previously

Hi Kand , how easy is it to install? 

Obviously the paid for product does it all for you, which should save me from totally borking my install 😁

Regards

Alan

Edited by Gandalf
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Hi Kand , how easy is it to install? 

Obviously the paid for product does it all for you, which should save me from totally borking my install 😁

The 'hardest' thing with the freeware sounds install, is actually just the time it takes to add the correct AI sound.cfg alias to each specific AI aircraft.

Otherwise, I found it very easy.

N.B. There is an issue with AI sounds in P3D. 

Once more than 3 or 4 AI aircraft push back and start-up, every subsequent aircraft to start-up their engines on the ramp or on the approach to land, have all of their sound files play simultaneously.

This ruins the previously well-executed sound environment and is possibly why Alan Constable removed his product from sale.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, F737NG said:

N.B. There is an issue with AI sounds in P3D. 

Once more than 3 or 4 AI aircraft push back and start-up, every subsequent aircraft to start-up their engines on the ramp or on the approach to land, have all of their sound files play simultaneously.

This ruins the previously well-executed sound environment and is possibly why Alan Constable removed his product from sale.

I've installed it since quite some time and have never observed this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Gandalf said:

Hi All

Been trying to buy the 3D sounds package for UTL from SimMarket but it seems to have disappeared 🙁

Anyone any clues? Also posted on their website but no reply after about a week.

Thanks for any help

Regards

Alan

I bought this from SimMarket last summer. I have noticed no problems with it. It has been a very enjoyable add-0n.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated 😎

I’m just rather disappointed at the lack of response from the forum, it’s not as if they’re exactly inundated...

Regards

Alan

ps was there someone who replied earlier in the thread who was a beta tester? Perhaps they could shed some light?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Gandalf said:

Hi Kand , how easy is it to install? 

Obviously the paid for product does it all for you, which should save me from totally borking my install 😁

Regards

Alan

Very easy, a set of utlive sound.cfgs are provided so just a copy and paste

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Gandalf said:

I’m just rather disappointed at the lack of response from the forum, it’s not as if they’re exactly inundated...

When I had questions, Alan responded fairly quickly by email...

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DylanM said:

When I had questions, Alan responded fairly quickly by email...

Hi Dylan 

Thanks for the reply, just checked the support forum and the last reply from Alan to anyone on there was August 2018...

Guess I either forget it or look at a freeware package.

Regards

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Gandalf said:

Hi Dylan 

Thanks for the reply, just checked the support forum and the last reply from Alan to anyone on there was August 2018...

Guess I either forget it or look at a freeware package.

Regards

Alan

Just sent you a PM Alan...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now