dbw1

Excellent Support - PC Aviator

I recently had a problem I could not solve. PC Aviator went above and beyond, spent a considerable amount of time and eventually something I would not have resolved myself was fixed.

Many thanks guys. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

+1  - Dean at the PC Aviator, Australian site provides exceptional service and support.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How on earth did you managed to get support from them? I tried countless times and never heard from them about an Aerosoft software I bought from them. I asked Aerosoft to contact them on my behalf, which they did, but they never heard from PC aviator either. Aerosoft went out of its way to provide me a new key and software version for their product simply because PC aviator wasn't responding. So I'm just curious, how did you do it?

Troy

2 hours ago, dbw1 said:

I recently had a problem I could not solve. PC Aviator went above and beyond, spent a considerable amount of time and eventually something I would not have resolved myself was fixed.

Many thanks guys. 

Lucky you.

I'm a long term customer, bought lots there over the years. Always been satisfied in my dealings.

Lucky you

In the past I have purchased several MSE packages for Europe from them where a few had issues.

Wheh contacting them either no response or they promised to pick it up and then came back with the answer that they had no new info and where waiting for it. Which never came...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Many thanks guys. 

Thanks for reporting that because compared to simMarket whose support has stopped me buying from them , that's where I'll head to in the future.

10 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Many thanks guys. 

Lucky, lucky you.

I've always found their 'customer support' non-existent. Perhaps they've now started reading their emails... 

• Upvote 1

I have had atrocious (read: non-existent) tech support from PC Aviator in the past as well. They never responded to emails. So....just for the heck of it, one time when I needed a new license key or something (can't remember exactly), I called them. I was connected to a tech within a couple of minutes and the problem was solved. I've used that method a few more times and the person(s) who have helped me have always been able to solve the problem and were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Recently I did email them asking when the updated version of the FlySimWare Lear 35A would be available on there site for download. They replied via email about 4 or 5 days later and also apologized for the delay in response.

It would appear they are making an effort to get their tech support back on track.

Cheers,

Scott

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, ndflieger said:

Recently I did email them asking when the updated version of the FlySimWare Lear 35A would be available on there site for download. They replied via email about 4 or 5 days later and also apologized for the delay in response.

Thank you for that.  Your request must have been the catalyst for having the file updated on their site.  I recently received an e-mail from them indicating the Lear file was finally updated to v4.1a.

I recently had a problem, and all the standard emails didn’t work (i.e. no response).  Then I received one of their marketing emails with the email of an actual person:

robert.ferraro@pcaviator.com

He responded the same day, and fixed the issue.

The US PC Aviator is bloody awful with support. Perhaps this is the Australia version which I have heard is much better?

I have completely abandoned the use of photoscenery from these two major suppliers for all the reasons above. I've gone with ORBX' rendition of the world for all the reasons above and night lighting which I'm really starting to like. Oh yeah, they have a support forum too 😁

Mark

23 minutes ago, newtie said:

I have completely abandoned the use of photoscenery from these two major suppliers for all the reasons above. I've gone with ORBX' rendition of the world for all the reasons above and night lighting which I'm really starting to like. Oh yeah, they have a support forum too 😁

Mark

You should take a moment and check out PC Aviator's latest method of downloading megascenery. It is a one click installer for the whole scenery area. Simple and much nicer than downloading each file. 

Dave

Edited by dbw1

40 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

You should take a moment and check out PC Aviator's latest method of downloading megascenery. It is a one click installer for the whole scenery area. Simple and much nicer than downloading each file. 

Dave

I agree. 

In addition, MSE is upgrading its USA states with an improved technology that I have found much better in producing more consistent colors and transitions from state to state. That previously was my gripe with the product line.  In the past, in several cases, the color difference between adjacent states was so obvious I could see the difference from as far as 50 NM.  There were also some very odd water effects where rivers are boundaries between states,  Not so any more.  Now the consistency is so good that in most cases the state boundaries are not detectable in the scenery and the water effects are mostly consistent.  These states are described on their site and in upgrade emails as Megascenery Version 2017 and the mention of Perfect Color.  Currently that includes most states east of the Mississippi River, plus Minnesota, Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Nevada, and Washington state.  I have 27 states that have been upgraded with this new technology.  Depending on the version of a state I had previously purchased, some of the upgrades have been free and the others at 50%.

The map I keep indicates that among states east of the Mississippi river, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, and Mississippi do not appear to be updated yet.  Ha! Something about states beginning with an "M"?

I too in the past have had difficulty contacting Megascenery Earth. I have had zero success contacting them through the support phone numbers.  I have had very good recent success contacting them at the email address mentioned in the post earlier in this thread.  And I have had 100% recent success getting support for installation and product issues.  And as Dave said above, the new installation method is a vast improvement.  Still takes time, but runs in the background without any needed attention.

Edited by fppilot

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

Dave

The issues I had with the above vendors had nothing to do with their 'latest method of downloading megascenery'. Check post 3,7 and 9.