SunDevil56

Aerosoft A330

Recommended Posts

Does anybody have a sense of when the Aerosoft A330 might be coming to P3Dv4.4...??

I know it's being worked on, but the devs have chosen to shut off the pipeline of information and updates on the project, at least for the time being.

I was hoping for an early to mid 2019 release for the AS A330, but perhaps that's overly optimistic. The lack of a decent payware A330 represents a glaring gap in airliner availability for P3D v4 IMHO, there are hundreds of the type in service worldwide as both passenger jets and as freighters, so it will be a welcome addition when it comes.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

 

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

I know it's being worked on, but the devs have chosen to shut off the pipeline of information and updates on the project, at least for the time being.

They didn't "shut off the pipeline" -- what makes you say that?

Knowing their history, they will post up new information as soon as there is something to report.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Mace said:

 

They didn't "shut off the pipeline" -- what makes you say that?

Knowing their history, they will post up new information as soon as there is something to report.

 

Mathijs closed down the news and update's thread on the A330, for the time being, at least the discussion and comments part of it, that's all I was trying to say, so please don't try to make this in to something it isn't, ok...?

Edited by SunDevil56

Share this post


Link to post

He has not closed it. He only closed it for discussion. They still post updates in there, but they don't leave the thread open for discussion.

 

And how are we supposed to know when the release date is, when not even the developing team has any idea? The project was once aimed at a 2017 release.

So it will be done when it's done. 

Maybe you feel like opening an open pool for bets?. I will say at the current rate it looks like we are looking at a September-November release. But that is subject to change.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Farlis said:

He has not closed it. He only closed it for discussion. They still post updates in there, but they don'tleave the thread open for discussion.

I will say at the current rate it looks like we are looking at a September-November release. But that is subject to change.

Thanks. Basically that's all I was looking for...

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

 

Mathijs closed down the news and update's thread on the A330, that's all I was trying to say, so please don't try to make this in to something it isn't, ok...?

Yikes.  Make it into something it isn't?  I didn't think I was.   I merely reported my opinion on what they might do.  If you want my guess on a release, I'd say Q3/Q4 2019.

As for the preview thread, I think it was becoming a constant "when will it be ready" set of postings and it was getting tiresome, so they locked it down.  Knowing their past history, Aerosoft will open it back up and post something, or maybe make a new thread.  Historically they have been pretty open compared to some devs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Mace said:

  Historically they have been pretty open compared to some devs.

Agreed, was just looking for some info from somebody that might have a "feel" for when it might be coming.

Thanks for the " I'd say Q3/Q4 2019" estimation...

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Maybe you feel like opening an open pool for bets? I will say at the current rate it looks like we are looking at a September-November release.

😉

Which year?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

With Aerosoft, there are two dates to be concerned about... when they release the product, and when it actually becomes usable.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

... when it actually becomes usable.

Which decade?

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

With Aerosoft, there are two dates to be concerned about... when they release the product, and when it actually becomes usable.

I was a huge proponent of Aerosoft, Chapstick; however, their last 2 major releases (e.g. CRJ and A318....) have been unmitigated disasters for me.  Concerning the latter, the auto-throttle is a mess and it refuses to follow altitude constraints; in short, it's completely unusable online.  There is a 9 page thread on the support forum littered with users who have the exact same issues; Aerosoft also claims they can't duplicate the problem...yet, it exist in droves.    I suspect this is the impetus for delaying the A330; I'm sure they cannibalized as much code as possible and thus need to resolve these lingering issues before proceeding with said A330. 

I hope Aerosoft reevaluates it's beta testing mechanism to prevent further damage to their reputation (e.g. CRJ LNAV and A3** AutoThrottle issues); moreover, I hope they stop pointing the finger at customers because "they couldn't duplicate the problem."  I'm still mystified how major blemishes get past their beta testing; more frustrating, it takes them weeks to acknowledge said issues and months to resolve them. With this in mind, Id really like to thank PMDG, Leonardo and Majestic for releasing outstanding products and fixing bugs within weeks, if not days.  I truly appreciate your extensive alpha/beta testing!!  Currently, this seems to be beyond Aerosoft's capacity; having said that, if they can fix the bugs, it really will be a beautiful/VERY fairly priced product.  If you don't fly online, it's very usable in its current state...

 

Edited by kingm56
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

Concerning the latter, the auto-throttle is a mess and it refuses to follow altitude constraints; in short, it's completely unusable online.   

The weird thing for me with the Aerosoft Airbuses is that I used the previous version a lot, and never had any of the issues people are having now with the new version.  The old version had it’s quirks but overall flew quite nicely...too bad things appear to have taken a step backward with the newest version.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Things are not going well which is why they shut down discussion. Don't expect it before 2020, IMHO.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

They also turned off "upvotes" and  "downvotes" on their forum.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, regis9 said:

The weird thing for me with the Aerosoft Airbuses is that I used the previous version a lot, and never had any of the issues people are having now with the new version.  The old version had it’s quirks but overall flew quite nicely...too bad things appear to have taken a step backward with the newest version.

Exactly, Regis!  The 32-bit version was a great aircraft.  I just assumed they have different developers; regardless, they should seriously review their beta mechanism.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

They also turned off "upvotes" and  "downvotes" on their forum.

Do you remember the number of up- and downvotes when M.K. announced another delay?

He had got 4 or 5 downvotes and up to 38 upvotes as I remember in one case.
Can somebody confirm this?

I think the downvotes are real (and it would not be a good idea to delete them), but a lot of updates for the information that again there is another delay? It's ridiculous! So much people to be happy that there is again another delay? Every child would wonder about that.
Even if you think that the people are thankful for the information - it does not stand in relation to the few upvotes the developers have got when showing some nice pictures and introduced their hard work.

Edit: I'm not 100% sure if these 38 upvotes were given on delay announcement or other bad news. But I quite often wondered why M.K. had got so much upvotes for bad news or contradictory statements.

Sorry for off-topic, but this information might help to see the question about release date in the right light. How trustworthy are informations, if they are given "as true, open and honest as possible"?

Edited by Opterix

Share this post


Link to post

I've lost hope for Heavy Airbuses.  I've heard of nothing but issues with AS's little 'buses and their CRJ is buggish.  I've reported issues on the forum and have never received any support.  I feel the RJ is an abandon product.  PFPX was never really great and TOPCAT sucks - too outdated.

Makes me angry actually.  And, it makes me even more ticked off that they lock/remove topics that call out all their bull word not allowed.  Like it hurts their feelings and if they ignore you it makes all their problems go away.  I won't be too sad to see this Aerosoft close business.

Out of desperation, I downloaded the BlackBox Airbus and was totally turned off.

I think we're just up sh*t creek.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I've lost hope for Heavy Airbuses.  I've heard of nothing but issues with AS's little 'buses and their CRJ is buggish.  I've reported issues on the forum and have never received any support.  I feel the RJ is an abandon product.  PFPX was never really great and TOPCAT sucks - too outdated.

Makes me angry actually.  And, it makes me even more ticked off that they lock/remove topics that call out all their bull word not allowed.  Like it hurts their feelings and if they ignore you it makes all their problems go away.  I won't be too sad to see this Aerosoft close business.

Out of desperation, I downloaded the BlackBox Airbus and was totally turned off.

I think we're just up sh*t creek.

Sooo you hate Aerosoft... Ahhh i see what you did there.....

Personally i own the AS Airbus and have not a single issue with it. And i HOPE they do not go out of business. But hey i'm just a lowly pleb 🙂

Edited by Riah069
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

They also turned off "upvotes" and  "downvotes" on their forum.

Yes. For obvious reasons. 

It was becoming a rant-fest with completely unreasonable statements and demands. I had a feeling, that more and more users, were going for personal insults. It was understandable that they cut it off - there was tendencies of a general and dominant - and very uncomfortable I might add - lynch-atmosphere.

Go for the ball - not the man!

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Yes. For obvious reasons. 

It was becoming a rant-fest with completely unreasonable statements and demands. I had a feeling, that more and more users, were going for personal insults. It was understandable that they cut it off - there was tendencies of a general and dominant - and very uncomfortable I might add - lynch-atmosphere.

Go for the ball - not the man!

+++!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I absolutely don't hate Aerosoft and surely don't wish them to close.
But for me their Bus "Pro" series is simply not flyable.
I love it in terms of visual design, external textures, internal lighting and overall immersion in the flight deck.
I also love the copilot function which is neat.
But I have NEVER finished a flight without a problem, aircraft climbing like a rocket or suddenly accelerating while climbing with auto throttle at idle position (...), or suddenly loosing power without any reason.
There is another big issue with this product which is that if your FPS go below 18... your aircraft goes nuts, jumping and dancing like a gazelle.
I have never seen that with any other complex aircraft and it occurs very often, even with quite a powerful machine.


Because I want to give it a chance, I try a new flight after every update, hoping for some improvement.
What can I say? Cosmetic improvements are frustrating when they are the single added value of a new version.
And unfortunately, until now there was zero improvement in the aircraft systems.
So for me, no A330 nor any more aircraft from Aerosoft.
I'll continue purchasing their airports and supporting their e-commerce site which is great and serious with pleasure, but continue relying on PMDG, FS Labs and Leonardo for serious simulation products.
 

Edited by David Roch
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Things are not going well which is why they shut down discussion. Don't expect it before 2020, IMHO.

Nonsense. They just closed the discussion because they were fed up with the demanding, condescending and outright rudeness of some people.

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I've lost hope for Heavy Airbuses.  I've heard of nothing but issues with AS's little 'buses and their CRJ is buggish.  I've reported issues on the forum and have never received any support.  I feel the RJ is an abandon product.  PFPX was never really great and TOPCAT sucks - too outdated.

Well, then for your records, let me be the first that reports to you how satisfied I am with both airplanes. I bought both planes right when they were released and only had minor issues with the CRJ (I think with some click spots) that where fixed in the first update. On my system (with a relatively slow CPU), the Aerosoft A320 works much better than the FSL version, which is too demanding for it. I am very happy with Aerosoft airplanes.

PFPX was ground breaking when it was first released, and it was first released independently by the developer. He only later decided to sell his software through Aerosoft.

Peter

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm happy I'll be just about retiring when they release it so I'll have plenty of time to fly virgin long hails 330s to the Caribbean. 

Problem is 2 fold, 

1. virgin will have phased out the 330 by the time I retire. 

2. I'm 41

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Best spirits-uplifter of the day, that, Peter.🤣

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now