Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Aerosoft A330

6 hours ago, 747 Fan said:

I honestly do not understand what this AS bashing should be good for. I am flying all the busses they released without any problem.

I have the BB 330/340 (they have some small problems), I use PPFX since it was released.

What I see and read is the expectation that everything should be working 250% correct all the time. This doesn't happen in the RW either. Why do pilots spent most of their training in emergency environments? So they can pilot the plane to safety when something goes wrong.

If your simulation doesn't run correctly, be a pilot, take control and execute the flight safely as per your flight plan. If the bus goes up like a rocket, change to the VS button and control the accent, if the CRJ doesn't follow the SID or STAR correctly, fly by hand or use the HDG switch.

I am flying simulators since FS4 (1988) and we are in haven today compared to those days. Why does everything a company does to improve our simulation experience be met with toxic comments? In the more then 4000 plus hours I am flying FSX/Prepar I landed 99.6% of all my flights somehow or the other at the intended airfield. Trust me in FS4 there was no GPS/FMC or MCDU. it was VOR to VOR and for longer distances you needed to calculate and triangulate the wind as well.

Pilots are there to pilot the aircraft, bugs and problems are the excitement that come with the hobby, not the despair.

Cheers

Peter (YMML)

My sentiments exactly. Very well said Peter

Everyone expects perfect working VNAV and everything automatic 110%. You only have to look online at RW pilots posting weird things happening like nav display drawing wild patterns. No only flies the plane anymore.  This apparently includes RW pilots where there have been conferences about ultra reliance on everything automatic. Its not good. Its not safe. There are different modes to choose from for a reason. Nothing wrong at all with manual invervention

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

15 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Everyone expects perfect working VNAV and everything automatic 110%. You only have to look online at RW pilots posting weird things happening like nav display drawing wild patterns. No only flies the plane anymore.  This apparently includes RW pilots where there have been conferences about ultra reliance on everything automatic. Its not good. Its not safe. There are different modes to choose from for a reason. Nothing wrong at all with manual invervention

22 hours ago, 747 Fan said:

I honestly do not understand what this AS bashing should be good for. I am flying all the busses they released without any problem.

I have the BB 330/340 (they have some small problems), I use PPFX since it was released.

What I see and read is the expectation that everything should be working 250% correct all the time. This doesn't happen in the RW either. Why do pilots spent most of their training in emergency environments? So they can pilot the plane to safety when something goes wrong.

If your simulation doesn't run correctly, be a pilot, take control and execute the flight safely as per your flight plan. If the bus goes up like a rocket, change to the VS button and control the accent, if the CRJ doesn't follow the SID or STAR correctly, fly by hand or use the HDG switch.

I am flying simulators since FS4 (1988) and we are in haven today compared to those days. Why does everything a company does to improve our simulation experience be met with toxic comments? In the more then 4000 plus hours I am flying FSX/Prepar I landed 99.6% of all my flights somehow or the other at the intended airfield. Trust me in FS4 there was no GPS/FMC or MCDU. it was VOR to VOR and for longer distances you needed to calculate and triangulate the wind as well.

Pilots are there to pilot the aircraft, bugs and problems are the excitement that come with the hobby, not the despair.

Cheers

Peter (YMML)

So not to start an argument, but with all the engine issues RW airlines are having, should they just tell their crew's "this comes w/ the job, not the despair."  No, they go to the manufacture, seek repair, and in some cases, even financial compensation.

If a RW pilot experiences an issue with an airplane, they write it up and have MX look at it.  MX usually fixes it.  Pilots don't expect to get a middle finger saying "it's they way you're flying the airplane" and the log book thrown away for writing something up.  And if the issue is truly bad, pilot's get the Union to jump on management's back.

Edited by Dreamflight767
  • Upvote 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

What's dumbfounding about this argument - the real aircraft has issues, so why shouldn't this add-on - is that all Aerosoft has set out to do is make a simple A-to-B airplane. There aren't supposed to be failures. Aerosoft is just bad at project management. 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, HighTowers said:

So the managed speed issues I had with every single flight at different stages is ok then? RW Airbus pilots deal with managed speed issues every single flight and it never gets fixed? Aerosoft is trying to fix it but they weren't as accepting of the problem for the first couple months. It was suggested that I was somehow inputting the wrong info into the CDU with the update installed but without the update it worked fine and I knew how to do it then. Others were told to try a complete clean install of P3D. I get that they were trying to help but the people suggesting the fixes also admitted they weren't having the problem and weren't seeing it. BTW I resolved my managed speed issue. I only had to have my PC die and replace it. Others are still having this issue. I have faith they will fix it but their initial reaction was it was a user error. That's aggravating.

• Upvote 1

Richie Walsh

Is this really the way we are going now?

It doesn’t work because sometimes they don’t in RW?

There are suckers everywhere.

Edited by vhufo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Chapstick said:

What's dumbfounding about this argument - the real aircraft has issues, so why shouldn't this add-on - is that all Aerosoft has set out to do is make a simple A-to-B airplane. There aren't supposed to be failures. Aerosoft is just bad at project management. 

5 hours ago, Irishcurse said:

So the managed speed issues I had with every single flight at different stages is ok then? RW Airbus pilots deal with managed speed issues every single flight and it never gets fixed? 

8 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

So not to start an argument, but with all the engine issues RW airlines are having, should they just tell their crew's "this comes w/ the job, not the despair."  No, they go to the manufacture, seek repair, and in some cases, even financial compensation.

I

Your kinda missing the point. Its not about the manufacturer (aerosoft) not fixing it. They should fix it , although with few reports among many thousands of copies and with thousands of system configurations, it must be more difficult than we can imagine to track down.  I personally didnt see a speed issue. 

The point is, I see so many virtual pilots throwing in the towel just because VNAV/managed speed doesnt work exactly to the T or there abouts.  So what does a RW pilot do?  They deal with it, use another mode, manage it manually and get down on the ground safely. It doesnt affect airworthiness so it will be logged but may not be fixed right away. Could be the same kind of situation that its hard to track down especially if a software bug.  The next pilot will see the log and make a note so that if it happens they know other options to use. 

Aerosoft may be slow and perhaps with unwanted reactions, but they usually get to it.  The CRJ was a mess, but the updates came in due time.  Im not a programmer, so perhaps tracking these down is far far more difficult than we expect especially when its a handful of reports vs the thousands out there.   

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

They’re desperately trying to argue away all the issues with their unfinished and buggy Airbus, like with this “but the real airbus sometimes does weird things” nonsense. The bugs are definitely not a “feature” and I can’t believe some people actually fall for that.

My main frustration comes from them making false promises and then not delivering. I flew their “old” Airbus without many issues, then upgraded to the v4 version. We were promised an SP shortly after release which they have now come out and said ain’t gonna happen.

The thing still has a ton of bugs and is missing promised features, some of them really basic stuff that shouldn’t be hard to fix. Like the radio panel getting stuck transmitting when selecting anything on the FO side. Or still not being able to independently operate the ND’s. Or still no connected flight deck. But hey, we have a cup of coffee appearing on our sliding table...

After that last experimental update fiasco, where instead of allowing us to roll back to the previous stable version they told us to reinstall the whole thing, I had enough and bought the FSLabs.

I haven’t looked back ever since. I’m not going to buy another one of their aircraft because they seem to be unable to keep their promises and instead deliver some unfinished product. When you start to question that in a constructive way they get all upset. There are enough developers out there who get it right, so I’ll happily support them instead.

I feel that in general, FS users have become way to apologetic and accepting of some of the developers behaviour. This is a business. They are a company and we are the customers. They don’t develop products out of the goodness of their heart and so they are bound by certain professional standards. Addons seem to get more and more expensive. We exchange money for a product and if that doesn’t do what was promised we have a right to raise that and they have an obligation to fix it and deliver on what they promised. If not then that can be seen as false advertising and misleading the consumer.

If you buy a TV that doesn’t work as advertised you’re gonna complain. If you are into model railways and buy a train that doesn’t work half the time you’re gonna complain. Or are you going to accept the manufacturer’s argument that it’s a “feature”, because hey, real trains do break down, right? So why take all of this when it comes to Flight Sim software?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Speedbird 217 said:

I feel that in general, FS users have become way to apologetic and accepting of some of the developers behaviour. This is a business. They are a company and we are the customers. They don’t develop products out of the goodness of their heart and so they are bound by certain professional standards. Addons seem to get more and more expensive. We exchange money for a product and if that doesn’t do what was promised we have a right to raise that and they have an obligation to fix it and deliver on what they promised. If not then that can be seen as false advertising and misleading the consumer.

If you buy a TV that doesn’t work as advertised you’re gonna complain. If you are into model railways and buy a train that doesn’t work half the time you’re gonna complain. Or are you going to accept the manufacturer’s argument that it’s a “feature”, because hey, real trains do break down, right? So why take all of this when it comes to Flight Sim software?

I completely agree here. A lot of times I see developers (businesses) attack or belittle the sim user (customer) because of a realistic complaint of an issue. That’s unacceptable by customer support/business standards. Thank you for pointing that out. It’s been a trend that needs to change. 

• Upvote 5

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

LOL - exactly!

Let's all agree, that Aerosoft sucks! Is bad at project management and only produce buggy and messy addons, which never gets fixed! 

On top of that, let's also agree on, that users never ever make any mistakes or errors and that they're assumptions regarding functions of an addon is always correct and whenever somethings breaks this illusion, the only solution is to scream 'bug', 'sloppy programming' or 'bad project management'... 

Jeez... I'm certainly glad, that I'm not an addon developer.

Welcome to the Jungle!

/Irony off.

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

When it comes to what a virtual pilot should do to combat bugs with managed speed, etc... My response is to shelf the plane and fly other ones that do not have these major issues! 

The problem with that is I paid for a working product.

It is annoying because there are so many products like this that get shelved and issues not fixed for an extended period of time if at all.

I do not welcome new products and expansions from developers who do not fix core problems with the base product.

Edited by JasonPC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

LOL - exactly!

Let's all agree, that Aerosoft sucks! Is bad at project management and only produce buggy and messy addons, which never gets fixed! 

On top of that, let's also agree on, that users never ever make any mistakes or errors and that they're assumptions regarding functions of an addon is always correct and whenever somethings breaks this illusion, the only solution is to scream 'bug', 'sloppy programming' or 'bad project management'... 

Jeez... I'm certainly glad, that I'm not an addon developer.

Welcome to the Jungle!

/Irony off.

Thanks for illustrating my point. Thou shalt not criticise the almighty addon developer. 

So I assume it’s my fault that my Airbus Pro isn’t able to do things I was able to do without a hitch in the previous Aerosoft Airbus? Or that I’m able to do without any problem in the FSLabs? Or the fact that it’s still lacking many features that were promised to follow shortly after when I bought it?

I’ve been in this hobby for 20 years now, so I dare say I know what I’m doing. Funny it’s only specific addons causing me trouble, whereas others, often much more complex ones run absolutely perfectly. Definitely must be user error then...

Here’s a thought: if a company isn’t able to deal with constructive and justified feedback and criticism maybe they are in the wrong business.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Aerosoft bashing is a popular sport, here and on fselite, and probably other forums.

On my PC the Airbus pro has performed with few and minor problems from release date.

Maybe because I have few addons, fsuipc free version and FTX regions.

Good for people to let the steam out, and no harm done.

• Like 3

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

3 minutes ago, Vindeballe said:

On my PC the Airbus pro has performed with few and minor problems from release date.

Great product and VALUE for the buck.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vindeballe said:

Aerosoft bashing is a popular sport, here and on fselite, and probably other forums.

Maybe because I have few addons, fsuipc free version and FTX regions.

Good for people to let the steam out, and no harm done.

I gotta say I have to largely agree. I tend not to read comments of FSElite anymore because there is such a clear pattern in the sentiment towards developers. Thus Aerosoft always gets bashed. I don't think this is entirely unwarranted - it seems to me their quality has dropped over the last two years or so - but it gets a little tiresome to see the same jabs every single time. Let me add that this is purely about the reader comments. FSElite's actual articles seem unbiased and neutral, and I enjoy reading them!

As for the Airbus Pro, for me, for the most part, the Airbus Pro has worked very well. Certainly since the latest version (1.2.3.0 I think?), which cured a lot of the little niggles I found. Part of me thinks it has to do with the fact that it was a clean install of the addon that cured some lingering issues. And unlike Kurt's installation, my P3D is not a virgin installation at all... It's filled to the brim with addons. Which is not to say that this addon is perfect either - there are one or two things that I find a little odd, but I believe that was 75% pilot error... Overall I'm quite happy though, I should certainly add that I'm by no means dead set on 100% realism, and so it's very well possible that there's a lot of issues I'm not noticing because I don't know that it's an issue. It's why they say that 'ignorance is bliss', I suppose... The fact is that for the price it gives me everything I wanted - as Adriana said, I think this product is good value for your money. What impresses me every single time is how smoothly it lands the plane for me, and it does this rather reliably. When I fly this plane I tend to not to do manual landings, just because I enjoy seeing it autoland...

• Like 4

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case