penta_a

Very unusual from LM?

the normal (usual) pattern that LM follows for their point releases is three to four month and some times with advanced announcement (as we saw with V4.4 release), we knew that V 4.5 was in the works for some time and most of the outcome is fixes and fine tuning, today is 28 Mar (4 months) after last release with no leaks or announcement yet, what do you guys think? how much longer that we need to wait for next point release?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 minutes ago, penta_a said:

the normal (usual) pattern that LM follows for their point releases is three to four month and some times with advanced announcement (as we saw with V4.4 release), we knew that V 4.5 was in the works for some time and most of the outcome is fixes and fine tuning, today is 28 Mar (4 months) after last release with no leaks or announcement yet, what do you guys think? how much longer that we need to wait for next point release?

Your guess is as good as mine, I have not dwelt on it too much since 4.4 has been very stable and rugged for me.  There are a few scenery glitches but it's the entire world that is modeled, one would expect that.  4.5 will be 4.5 when it comes out, unless LM changes the track to 5.x, which means a new sim, and paying for a new sim.

John

• Upvote 2

It's in beta now, so until release ... go flying 4.4, lazy word not allowed! 🙂

Just watch out for Peter Dawsons next vacation  😉😉

• Like 1

What's the hurry, I haven't even upgraded to v 4.4 yet.

Still using 4.4 who cares not the end of the world if it`s a month later or 6 months later, 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ronaldo1978 said:

Dowson, not Dawson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vadriver said:

& Pete ....

His son John is slowly taking over more so with FSUIPC5.

Some fuzzy hints always came from Rob A, whom I still miss very much and would like to welcome at AVSIM again.

One serious issue to be expected to be solved with 4.5 are loading times of several sceneries of the True Earth style.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, pmb said:

Some fuzzy hints always came from Rob A, whom I still miss very much and would like to welcome at AVSIM again.

I read that the other day. Why isn't he here anymore?

Edited by threegreen

I have it on good authority, It's being released on April 30th.😬

V4.5 will come when it is ready.............😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Maybe it has already been released, but those improved loading times are now so fast that it takes reality a bit of time to catch up? :laugh:

1 hour ago, Avidean said:

Yikes, not sure if you're on the BETA team or not but someone somewhere is breaking an NDA which is a pretty serious issue. Really don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing, but might want to avoid giving out specific dates even if you have insider knowledge about something. Just trying to look out for you and your source Dave! 

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

I read that the other day. Why isn't he here anymore?

I was reading not long ago and it was also mentioned on the skylougeTV how the flight sim community has become more toxic and less tolerant.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bt103504 said:

Yikes, not sure if you're on the BETA team or not but someone somewhere is breaking an NDA which is a pretty serious issue. Really don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing, but might want to avoid giving out specific dates even if you have insider knowledge about something. Just trying to look out for you and your source Dave! 

He's joking, that's not an actual date.

8 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I was reading not long ago and it was also mentioned on the skylougeTV how the flight sim community has become more toxic and less tolerant.

So him leaving this place is because these forums have become toxic? Never noticed myself. Apart from some clowns every now and then but those pop up everywhere, not just in the flight sim community.

1 hour ago, Bt103504 said:

I am quite certain its April 30th. I have it from 3 independent sources. A couple of days ago after I drank my tea, I saw that the tea leafs clearly said P3D v4.5 will be released on April 30th. Hmmm! I though, the tea lefts are rarely wrong! Then yesterday morning while changing my underwear I couldn't help but notice that the thread marks clearly indicated that P3D V4.5 would be released on April 30th. Intriguing, I thought. Then this morning I took a flight to Greece and made my way to Delphi to consult the Oracle. I said, "Oh Pythian Priestess, whence shalt Prepar3D V4.5 commit?" And out of the mist came the voice; "It shalt be thine April 30". So there you have it. You can got the bank with it.

And all after taking my pills,so I am definitely not delusional! 😁

Posted (edited)

I am happy enough with P3D v4.4, although significant improvements in loading times would be nice.

Edited by Christopher Low

The next release date is within a month of whenever this topic comes up. Release date will be April 28th.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Avidean said:

thread marks

Bloomin' predictive text huh?

Edited by Jetset408

41 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Then it’s up to us to be setting the example others can follow. It seems to me that AVSIM takes pride in doing what’s necessary to ensure the preservation of a respectful and educative forum environment in which we can all participate and enjoy. Were it not the case I would be one of the first to depart....and I’ve been here 17 yrs and counting!

On the subject of the release date of v4.5, didn’t I read somewhere that the intervals between releases would be extended to, say, 6 months? With v5 on the horizon I can’t imagine what else they would wish to incorporate in v4.4 other than a few bug fixes. It’s pretty good as is. Mind you, LM might be using v4.4+ as a test bed for further development ideas in v5 so what’s the betting we will see a v4.6?

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avidean said:

Nope, Dave, a higher authority guaranteed me 4.5 would be released on... April 1.

So exciting! :biggrin:

Greg

• Upvote 1

One thing I know for sure is that it won't be released on April 31st.  Don't ask me how I know...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Ronaldo1978 said:

Just noticed FSUIPC5 got updated to V5.151, it might be in preparation for the upcoming P3D V4.5