spilok

What's the best monitor for P3d these days?

Posted (edited)

My ASUS monitor just died.  It was blinking every 5 seconds and wouldn't boot up.  I thought it was my new JETLINE system, but IT WAS NOT! After a call to Jetline today, Greg (owner) spent an hour with me on the phone and he helped me ELIMINATE all the possible problems with my PC, and we concluded it was the monitor.

I went to Best Buy and bought a Samsung 28" UE 590 today.  Everything works perfectly...however, while I still have the ability to return it, I want to make sure this one is the right one.  I'm fine with it and its resolution is incredible.  It seems to have a little yellowish tint to the color, and I've tried tweaking it several times.  I will be happy with it if there is nothing else out there I should consider.

Please let me know what 27" or 28" monitor you like for P3d, and I would love to look into it.

By the way....I've never been happier with my Jetline Purchase (3rd system) because when I call, they answer immediately and even the President of the company (Greg) walked me through success.  Best computer I've ever had..

Stan

ps.  I'm still going through flight sim withdrawal....wasn't able to fly all weekend.  I'll make up for it, I'm sure.

Edited by spilok

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

An OLED has black levels to die for if you fly at night.

Regards
bs

8 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

An OLED has black levels to die for if you fly at night.

Regards
bs

Tell me the brand and the model.  I WILL look into it.

Stan

I use a 27" Samsung monitor and like it... just make sure you turn down the brightness in Nvidia Control Panel or it will burn your eyeballs out..

I set:   Gamma=+0.80

Try it, you'll like it. 😉

32" QHD monitor here, and I honestly can't imagine using anything much smaller. I'm running P3D v4.4 @ 2560x1440 resolution, and the image quality is outstanding to my eyes.

I briefly tried a 32" Ben Q UHD 4K monitor @ 3840x2160, but I found that it dragged down performance just a little too much in high demand scenery environments, and while the image quality was excellent, I didn't find it to be worth the trade off in performance versus image quality versus my 32" UHD monitor.

I guess in the end, it all boils down to what your budget allows, what your personal preferences are, and physical space limitations.

What about a TV? Seems like the prices of 4k TVs are much lower. Can anyone with experience with both comment as I am about to upgrade as well. Sorry to say but from a 1080p 😁.

Shom

Posted (edited)

I quickly bought a Samsung TN monitor with great resolution....3840 x 2160.  I had to get a monitor, because I was "dead in the water" and could not even boot up my computer with my defunct ASUS. However, I feel the color on the Samsung is not correct.  Seems to be a yellowish tint overall that I cannot get rid of after all the tweaks. P3d almost looks cartoonish. 

I'm taking it back to Best Buy, and I ordered an LG27UD68-P27 inch 4K UHD IPS monitor.  From all I've read, the IPS monitor has it all over the TN monitor.  It's supposed to have accurate color and it will likewise run at 60hz. We'll see.  I'll have it tomorrow.

Stan

Edited by spilok

I fly this now

KguxjmP.jpg

Moving to this once I get the image warped and blended

CCWhUXQ.jpg

Wow.  So envious!

Stan

Acer Predator XB271HU (27" 2560x1440, Gsync, IPS)

On 4/3/2019 at 12:29 AM, spilok said:

However, I feel the color on the Samsung is not correct.  Seems to be a yellowish tint overall that I cannot get rid of after all the tweaks. P3d almost looks cartoonish. 

Stan, if colour is important to you then consider a Spyder5 calibration device. They are designed to correct colour for those who work with photographs but everyone benefits from correct colour.

https://www.datacolor.com/photography-design/s5-welcome/

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:44 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Stan, if colour is important to you then consider a Spyder5 calibration device. They are designed to correct colour for those who work with photographs but everyone benefits from correct colour.

https://www.datacolor.com/photography-design/s5-welcome/

Ray,

What an interesting device and software.  I did return the Samsung and got an LG IPS monitor.  The color looks fantastic on this LG.  However, might be good to have the Spyder5 on hand.

Sorry for the delay in responding.  My wife and I just returned last night from a wonderful trip to Berlin.  Flew into Heathrow on BA...then on to Berlin.  Really enjoyed the last week, but did little on computer and forums.

Thanks again for the heads up on that Spyder5

Stan

• Like 1